SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Things with Russia

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

let me ask you this tbsounde2

two things........are you aware that the muscle behind the NATO/EU/US installed govt, are all neo Nazi's? Svoboda and "Right Sector"..thats not "conspiracy theory".....that's fact, so, if we, the US throw our lot in with neo Nazi's, what does that make us?

2014/5/2 18:55
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re:

Quote:

by tbsounde2 on 2014/5/2 16:29:37

So just because a nation or president of a nation supposedly sides with certain biblical principles more than others it makes it alright to disregard the sovereignty of a different nation by sending troops and annexing it??? Lest we forget history and what American pacifism brought to Europe and Asia by allowing evil dictators to reign free or how the Soviets would use the most underhanded tactics (hired thugs and riot starters and botched elections) to set up puppet governments that had only a mere facade of democracy (this is what produced the current regime in North Korea by the way).

Here is a link from our media pointing out the fact that Putin stood up for traditional Christian values and condemned the downward trend of the west: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jan/28/whos-godless-now-russia-says-its-us/?page=all

You can read the same comments in Russian news sources. As for the rest of your accusations of Russia ... "disregard the sovereignty of a different nation by sending troops and annexing it" you are merely foaming out what your USA media sources are feeding you. Unless you were there and saw these things happening, you are only parroting what you are hearing and don't know if it is true.

THERE ARE ALWAYS TWO SIDES TO THE STORY.

If you look at media sources other than your own such as http://voiceofrussia.com/ you will see that you are being fed a one-sided version of what you believe to be happening over there.

Quote:

Once again I find myself having to ask you this question, where would you rather live: USA or Russia? I know the US has backslided in many ways from biblical principles but the fact of the matter is that we still are enjoying much of the blessings of our biblical roots.

In all reality I am begging God to get me out of this country before it collapses. This short video of a landslide that happened in Baltimore MD this past Wednesday is an example of where we are as a nation:

http://youtu.be/MrNluXrrHKY

We are still enjoying great blessings that are the fruit of past revival movements in this country, but we are seeing a shift that will soon turn to a total collapse. I know that it is going to collapse because God is true to His routine. When His principles reign in a group of people, His blessings abound. When a group of people continues to spit in His Holy face, He endures it for a season hoping for repentance, but when it doesn't happen, His sovereign wrath comes down upon that group of people. That routine has repeated itself continuously throughout history. USA is no exception to the rule!

Quote:

Russia on the other hand is still far more corrupt and unbiblical in many of the things they do no matter how much they may claim to uphold Christian principles.

Again, is this first hand knowledge (have you been there lately?), or something you gathered from your biased news sources?

2014/5/2 19:12Profile
tbsounde2

Los Angeles, CA

Re: let me ask you this tbsounde2

Hi HezWelling,

I'm sorry to say, I think your answer pretty much sums up my point. Quite a broad brush to be using, no? I mean to say that all of the countries represented by NATO and the EU and also the US are neo Nazis???

2014/5/2 19:26Profile

Re: Tbsounde2

Brother our entry into WWII had nothing to do with the Jewish Holocaust. Rather it was the response of Roosevelt to the attack on Pearl Harbor. As a matter fact most Americans were not aware of the German atrocities towards the Jews until after the war. And only because Eisenhower had those atrocities documented for posterity.

In the late 30`s a ship full of Jewish refugees from Germany saught refuge in this great nation of ours. The moral obligation of American denied them refuge. The ship returned to Europe where most of the Jews were sent to death camps.

Brother when you speak of our moral obligation as a nation. Let me speak to to you about Eritrea. This is a nation the US has diplomatic relations with. We have an embassy in Asmara the capitol of Eritrea. Yet this nation has been silent on the 3000 Christians imprisoned in Eritrea in shipping containers and holes in the ground. Indeed our President has been silent on the issue of Christian persecution period. So much for our moral obligation.

Brother I am not trying to be sarcastic. But this is some of the ugly history of our great nation.

Bearnaster

2014/5/2 19:33

'sums up your point"?

Svoboda and "Right Sector" are ultra nationalist fascists, operating in Western Ukraine. Their stated aim is to quote, "kill Russians, kill Jews". I am not making this up.

Nor am I making up the fact that our country supports them, with money, $5 bln dollars in 10 years since the Orange revolution, via NGO's serving as cover for US govt activities.

Now if we provide support for neo Nazi's, WHAT does that make us?

You see, what I believe you fail to realize is this, this situation is just the kind, that can lead us all into WW3.

Now for you insulting my intelligence, by your "broad brush" snarky remark, you can have the last word, I don't bandy words with those who aren't intellectually adroit.

2014/5/2 19:44
MaryJane

Re:

I just wanted to add that in the latest Heart Cry newsletter this was reported : "the situation in the Ukraine is particularly severe. Riots in the streets have let to hundreds of causalities. The country is now split both politically and ethically. The conflict is deeper then can be see or understood on the news there are spiritual powers behind the dictators and their imperialist desires. But despite the the turmoil, the Gospel is being preached, and the Kingdom is growing."

Heart Cry has missionaries in the Ukraine and I just thought perhaps now is the time to be praying in all of this.

I don't know what is going to happen but I am praying and trusting in the LORD through this time. I know this very well maybe the birth pains as Greg mentioned in his post so spending time in prayer seems like a really good place to be.

God bless
maryjane

2014/5/2 19:50Profile
tbsounde2

Los Angeles, CA

Re:

Hi Lorddoitagain,

Last I checked, Ukraine was well accepted and understood to be a sovereign and separate nation to Russia; the lines that draw their borders clearly understood and set in stone. It is international law and common sense that dictates that nations are to respect other nation's sovereignty. Imagine if Mexico or Canada decided to annex parts of our territory on the false pretense of "protecting it's citizens." Clearly this would not be acceptable, no two sides of the story needed here. Russia has no right to annex and take parts of other countries.

Also, I have heard from many different individuals who have previously lived in Russia and also frequently travel to Russia who clearly speak of the vast differences which are present in regards to the level of corruption and freedoms allotted between the Russia and the USA. So no mere "foaming" here.

Also, last I checked, Russia is actually rooted in the Orthodox Church. Need I say more?

Also, mudslides happen all over the world.

2014/5/2 19:52Profile
tbsounde2

Los Angeles, CA

Re:

Thank you MaryJane for the encouraging report. A Calvary Chapel missionary to Ukraine actually came to speak a couple Sundays ago and I would like to confirm what you mentioned, that God IS WORKING in the midst of this difficulty! It was reported that many are seeing the impossibility of the situation and realizing and seeking God, hallelujah!

2014/5/2 19:55Profile
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re:

Quote:

I know this very well maybe the birth pains as Greg mentioned in his post so spending time in prayer seems like a really good place to be.

I could continue to play "opinion volley" on this thread all night and tomorrow too, but it would be a pointless waste of time. What God is about to bring to pass will leave us all speechless regardless of how many rounds of "opinion volley" we won or lost.

Truly, Sister Maryjane has spoken wisdom. May we labor before the Lord with many amplifications of what Jesus taught us to pray: "Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven".

2014/5/2 20:08Profile

Re:

I briefly browsed through the thread. The discussion seems to be mainly political, ie about EU, US, Putin, WWII etc.
So may i point you to what really matters and that is God's Word and His sovereign rule.
Here is a link to an interesting article http://www.crossroad.to/Excerpts/books/history/hand-of-God/1-hand.htm

And here are some verses from His word:
For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God (Rom. 13v1)
My redeemer lives (Job 19:25)
The Ten Virgins: What It Means to Be Ready (Matthew 25:1-13)
So when all these things begin to happen, stand and look up, for your salvation is near!"(Luke 21:28)
So encourage each other and build each other up, just as you are already doing (1 Thessalonians 5:11)
And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near.
(Hebrews 10:25)

Blessings, Markus

2014/5/3 2:43

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy