SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : A note from John Wesley's diary

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
docs

A note from John Wesley's diary

If I'm correct some folks ain't too keen on this fellow because he was a Arminian or something but he knew something about how to keep on keeping on.

JOHN WESLEY DIARY - "Sunday morning, May 5, preached in St. Ann's, was asked not to come back anymore. Sunday p.m., May 5, preached at St. John's, deacons said "Get out and stay out". Sunday a.m., May 12, preached at St. Jude's, can't go back there either. Sunday p.m., May 12, preached at St. George's, kicked out again. Sunday a.m., May 19, preached at St. somebody else's, deacons called a special meeting and said I couldn't return. Sunday p.m., May 19, preached on the street, kicked off the street. Sunday a.m., May 26, preached in meadow, chased out of meadow as a bull was turned loose during the services. Sunday a.m., June 2, preached out at the edge of town, kicked off the highway. Sunday p.m., June 2, afternoon service, preached in a pasture, 10,000 people came to hear me."

2014/5/1 23:41Profile
proudpapa

Re: A note from John Wesley's diary

I have not read it yet but I bought a book "Early Methodist under persecution" by Josiah Henry Barr

looks like an interesting book, before seeing the book I was not aware that Wesely and the early Methodist suffered such persecution.

2014/5/2 0:04Profile
brothagary

Re:

read his journal as well as whitfields,,,,,john weasly redfield, who was named after john weasly ,,,and david braineard,,,,,,,,,,, great men of god ,,,,,to top it off read the sermon john weasly preached and george whitfield funeral

2014/5/3 7:59Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy