SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Believers becoming blind by Alan Martin

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Believers becoming blind by Alan Martin

Dear Family, I was "stunned" by what I read this morning. As you are aware, some of my beliefs and understanding have been greatly challenged and this naturally causes me to re-examine my faith like a Berean - to see if "what I have said is actually true." Well reading this morning, I was jolted! I did see a truth that I had apparently NOT understood. I was reading in II Peter chapter 1 and saw my error and I want to confess it to all of you so that you will not repeat the error I have taught you to others.

I have taught that believers are to give all diligence to add virtue, knowledge, self control, perseverance, godliness, brotherly kindness and love to their spiritual lives. However, I erred in my understanding of this. I have taught that these things should be in our lives as possessions in an abundant amount.

I was wrong, Peter actually wrote that these things should be in our lives in a SUPER abundant amount. Furthermore, I made another error by teaching that if these things are not in our lives, we will begin to become nearsighted. I was wrong about this also, for Peter actually wrote - "but in whom these things are not presently at hand IS blind, losing sight". See - I was wrong about believers becoming blind, Peter actually wrote that if these things are not presently at hand in a super abundant amount that a believer IS blind already and losing sight. I know several people who are already legally blind and still losing what limited vision they have. Please make this correction in your understanding.

The danger of not having a super abundance of virtue, knowledge, perseverance, godliness, brotherly kindness and love currently available is not BECOMING blind, actually it is an indication of already BEING blind and getting worse. Lastly I erred in my understanding of what Peter wrote next; I have taught people then become forgetful, but that is not what Peter wrote - his actual words were - "grasping forgetfulness." I did not properly understand that forgetting is something believers "grab on to." Please make these corrections in your understanding so that you will believe what Peter actually wrote and not my own limited misunderstanding.

2014/4/29 12:05Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: Believers becoming blind by Alan Martin

This is awesome.

2014/4/29 13:42Profile
HeartSong

Re: Believers becoming blind by Alan Martin

Yes, the minute we start turning from the light we are in shadow, which soon becomes darkness.

2014/4/30 1:04Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy