SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Clear and Present Danger Facing The American Church (Sleepers Awakened)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re: Clear and Present Danger Facing The American Church (Sleepers Awakened)

Needful and convicting post. Thanks for sharing.

2014/4/28 15:46Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: Clear and Present Danger Facing The American Church (Sleepers Awakened)

Wow, great post, thank you for sharing this, it really makes things clear. After reading your post I was reminded of this passage;

Yes, truth fails; and he that departs from evil makes himself a prey: and the LORD saw it, and it displeased him that there was no judgment. And he saw that there was no man, and wondered that there was no intercessor: therefore his arm brought salvation unto him; and his righteousness, it sustained him. For he put on righteousness as a breastplate, and an helmet of salvation upon his head; and he put on the garments of vengeance for clothing, and was clad with zeal as a cloke. According to their deeds, accordingly he will repay, fury to his adversaries, recompence to his enemies; to the islands he will repay recompence. So shall they fear the name of the LORD from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him.
(Isaiah 59:15-19)

In Christ,

Ron

2014/4/28 20:40Profile

Re:

This is such a powerful scripture Ron and sets off inside me that God is sooooo not interested in taking short cuts. He waits, He bides, He is patient. And if there is not a man who will take up His cause, He will just keep waiting. This is what is happening now. God is waiting on His people to be sick and tired of the junk that they will become desperate enough to throw everything aside to seek Him.

Just last night I was so struck by the words, "every Word that proceeds from the mouth of God." I don't know how I have been missing this! I lament quite often to the Lord that I am sure when He made me He made someone with one of the thickest skulls ever created:)

But it is so simple. God does the rest when we sit still and LISTEN, but not just listen, to actuall HEAR Him as in the Spirit of the Lord speaking to us...continually. But not just hearing, actually acting upon His instruction.

Does the Lord have a people who are like that? Are we that desperate to turn aside from the noise and the hustle and bustle to listen to Him?

May we learn what this means...

2014/4/28 22:40

Re:

I have been further musings about this important subject of preparing ourselves better for the battle that presently rages and the even greater battles ahead. My thoughts remain on Jesus quoting from Duet:
"Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God."

Look at the entire context of the original words from Moses...
"the LORD your God has led you in the wilderness these forty years, that He might humble you, testing you, to know what was in your heart, whether you would keep His commandments or not. He humbled you and let you be hungry, and fed you with manna which you did not know, nor did your fathers know, that He might make you understand that man does not live by bread alone, but man lives by everything that proceeds out of the mouth of the LORD."

This is what God is saying to the body of Christ in the west today...you had better learn NOW who your source is, really know it through and through!

And the lesson is not just about trusting God for physical bread but more importantly for spiritual bread! So many true believers find themselves wandering as it were searching for bread, but finding nothing amidst this howling wilderness of last days Christendom. But God is sustaining them Himself...what a glorious truth!

One more thought...if we are not discovering that Christ (the Bread) is sufficient for us and we are spiritually starving to death and as a result always grumbling and murmuring about a lack of fellowship or church life, then perhaps this is the root of our problem? We have not yet come to fully rely on the God who feeds His beloved children even in the wilderness! He is testing us and waiting for us to quit our grumbling and just simply learn to listen to Him, to sit at His feet and listen to and obey every Word that proceeds out of His mouth!

2014/4/29 2:32
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Behold, the days come, saith the Lord Jehovah, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of Jehovah." (Amos 8:11)

Brother Mark, I agree with you that there are many Christians that are out there looking for some spiritual nourishment, but they are not being fed that which would cause them to grow, but are dining on spiritual candy, that which appeals to the flesh.

The Holy Spirit will reveal to those that are desperate and hungry that Jesus Christ alone is "the bread of life." It is only through feeding on Christ and His Word that we will be fully satisfied. There are many substitutes and counterfeits of the true bread, but none of these things can give life or can fill the hunger that is in every true believer.

"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." (Matthew 5:6)

Mike

2014/4/29 8:54Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy