Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Fasting by Alan Redpath

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Jeremy221

Fasting by Alan Redpath

Fasting by Alan Redpath

Topic: Fasting
Scripture(s): Matthew 6

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=12108&commentView=itemComments

Quote:
"Any man or woman who has moved the world for God or moved men towards God or been blessed, has been a man who has had one desire, one passion, one goal for which he sacrificed everything else." Never before have I heard a message on fasting like this one. To think that the important thing is the principle behind fasting which is total denial of self and anything that hinders the close fellowship with Jesus Christ. To understand that a decision must be made to sacrifice every single thing that competes with the Lordship of Jesus in my life. Oh that the Lord would help me come to grips with this truth, and not consider anything, including my life, so dear to me that I will not totally deny it and have Christ as my single passion, desire and goal.

"What does it cost you to be a Christian?"
A strong exhortation to the practice of fasting and the principles of its practice: that it is to be an offering that is God-ward and without hypocrisy, and of the place it has in our worship of God and service in His work and Kingdom.

Spiritual Feast!
I really needed to crucify the flesh in this area of my life. Excellent conviction. Any Christian desiring to go deeper shoud feast on this message!

2014/4/24 1:16Profile

Re: Fasting by Alan Redpath

Excellent Jeremy thank you for posting this!

The deeper meaning of fasting is this...(quotes from Redpath)

"It is the denial of everything which interferes with an intimate and a direct fellowship with the Lord Jesus Christ."

"It is the christian suffering, suffering the loss, even of his rights in order that he may come into a more intimate relationship with God."

"In proportion as the child of God begins to practice it from that angle he begins to tap infinite sources of eternal power that can cause him to move like he has never moved before in the power of the Holy Spirit."

"Any progress in intimacy, death, reality of relationship with Christ is only at the expense of denying everything that would hinder."

"There is no move forward in the realm of the spiritual unless there's the denying of something in the realm of the physical - never!"

"There is no advance with God until there's a crucifixion of the flesh."

Redpath then asks us a question...

"What does it cost you to be a christian? Are you (not in order to be saved) but because you are saved - are you paying the price of the force, of the inwardness for spritual power, are you saying no to the physical for the glory of the spiritual? What is it costing you to be a christian?"

Please listen to this message and allow the Lord to speak to you!

2014/4/24 11:31

Re:

Bumped for Lysa (and others)...

2014/4/24 23:40

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy