SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Valley of Grapes

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

The Valley of Grapes

In Numbers chapter 13 we see the story of the spies sent in to spy out the land by Moses. In verse 23 we see that they come to the Valley of Eshcol , near Hebron. Now Eshcol means cluster. It was from that valley that they took a branch with one cluster of grapes. Now, the Bible says it took two men to carry one cluster of grapes, they had to put a pole through it and carry it on their shoulders. This was an extraordinary fruitful place. Can you imagine the contrast between the desert and this valley? It must have seemed like heaven itself.

Now brothers and sisters, we know that the majority of spies gave a bad report, not least because very close to that valley dwelt the Anakim, the giants. Now, in this region also the patriarchs were buried. So we can see just how significant this particular area was. By their burial in the land, the patriarchs were keeping watch and giving claim to the land of promise.

And so what can we take from that? Where the truth lies there is great riches, great abundance. Yet, barring the way to this abundance is giants, fearsome giants. We know that there is an abundant life to be had in Jesus. We know that the Lord came to give us life and that more abundantly. But let’s be honest brothers and sisters, how many saints do you know who are living that abundant overcoming life in Christ? Is it not true that out of the twelve spies, only two had the audacity, the faith and the boldness to go and take the land right away? Perhaps that ratio holds up till this very day? So many, held back by their fears, their lack of boldness. There it is , tantalizingly close, an abundant rich valley with fruit so large it takes two men to carry a cluster of grapes, yet the decision is to turn back into the desert.

We have access in the realm of the Spirit to vast treasure. It is the depths of the heart of God the Father. Fear cannot take us there. The Word says that we have not been given a spirit of fear, but of love and of power and of a sound mind. So love is the key, and that love produces power and this leads to a sound mind. If we love God we will follow His lead. When we walk in this we walk in power, the power of God. When we walk in the power of God we are unmoved by circumstances. In order to go deep into the abundant life, deep into the valley of Eshcol, then we must be unmoved by the giants in our lives. You see the depths of God are reached by overcoming giants. What are your giants today? What keeps you from the depths of God? Giants of course, by their very nature are large and demand our attention. Yet, what is larger than God?

That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God. Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen. (Eph 3:17-21)

Brothers and sisters, we are called into a place where we can know that which passes knowledge. We have been called to be filled with the fullness of God, the fullness of God saints! How many times has the above Scripture been hijacked by wolves and hirelings who turn the Word of God and His glorious truth into something very worldly as opposed to other-worldly? Let us believe in the promises of God, let us take what the Lord has given us and not let the giants of our lives keep us from the abundantly fruitful life in the Spirit that the Lord has called us to. A life that is founded in love, a love so vast that it is eternal. A life of power that leads us to be unmoved by the circumstances of life.

He has prepared a table , a banqueting table before us in the presence of our enemies and for those who will, a feast even in the midst of a famine. A light that shines out of great darkness. A joy where no joy should be. Peace where there should be no peace. The bigger the giant, the greater the glory. Glory to God.......bro Frank

2014/4/23 7:14
MaryJane

Re: The Valley of Grapes

Greetings Frank

Very encouraging and just what I needed to hear this morning. You know my struggles with fear as I have shared them often but you are so right in what you wrote here:

"We have access in the realm of the Spirit to vast treasure. It is the depths of the heart of God the Father. Fear cannot take us there. The Word says that we have not been given a spirit of fear, but of love and of power and of a sound mind. So love is the key, and that love produces power and this leads to a sound mind. If we love God we will follow His lead. When we walk in this we walk in power, the power of God. When we walk in the power of God we are unmoved by circumstances. In order to go deep into the abundant life, deep into the valley of Eshcol, then we must be unmoved by the giants in our lives. You see the depths of God are reached by overcoming giants. What are your giants today? What keeps you from the depths of God? Giants of course, by their very nature are large and demand our attention. Yet, what is larger than God?"

I am reminded that FATHER holds all that is truly important and no one can touch that. HE is my covering and HE holds all that truly matters in HIS hand and by faith I can walk in HIS love and trust that no matter what the world throws at me, no matter what storms raise up JESUS is still bigger and HE reigns forever! AMEN!

This was shared with me some time ago and I still hold on to it today. Its is a part of a collections of devotionals I keep to remind myself of who I am in JESUS and that there truly is nothing to fear. I will be adding this writing of yours to my collections, hope that is alright :)

"No regrets! No second thoughts! No Anxious thoughts. No mid-life crises. No fears of the future. No daydreams of the past. Not duped for a minute by the shifter of shadows. My anchor and Hope ARE in a world that HE CAN’T TOUCH! He can’t get to any of my stuff... It’s not HERE! God has ALL my stuff; and it’s very well protected! And He cannot keep my Dad from giving me anything He wants to give me anytime He wants to give it to me. Try to starve me and He’ll send the ravens to feed me...
And that snake CAN’T take anything from me! Because I’m not holding onto anything....My Father keeps all of my stuff. NONE of my heartstrings or hopes or emotional security lies in the SHADOWLANDS... and that’s the ONLY stuff he can touch. He can only shift the shadows... He cannot disturb anything REAL... UNLESS I let Him through UNBELIEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All my hopes, all my trust, all my security, all my peace, all my expectations.... are protected by the host of Heaven and buried deep in the fortress of my Father’s loving heart...
If God is for me...Who can be against me?

God bless
mj

2014/4/23 8:36Profile

Re:

MJ writes...........

"I am reminded that FATHER holds all that is truly important and no one can touch that. HE is my covering and HE holds all that truly matters in HIS hand and by faith I can walk in HIS love and trust that no matter what the world throws at me, no matter what storms raise up JESUS is still bigger and HE reigns forever! AMEN!"

Amen indeed sister........bro Frank

2014/4/23 11:50

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy