SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Pope breaking the rules

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Pope breaking the rules

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/pope-breaks-rules-as-he-washes-feet-of-disabled-people-in-pre-easter-ritual/

I found this to be a great story even though I disagree with the Catholic teaching overall. Protestants should learn a lesson here with this example as well as seeing the ridiculous outcry of the traditionalist Catholics.

A great excerpt of what is wrong with traditionalist thinking or even more ultra fundamentalist thinking. I see this as modern Pharisee attitude.

Quote:

Francis' decision in 2013 to perform the Holy Thursday ritual on women and Muslim inmates at a juvenile detention center helped define his rule-breaking papacy just two weeks after his election. It riled traditionalist Catholics, who pointed to the Vatican's own regulations that the ritual be performed only on men since Jesus' 12 apostles were men.

How often do Protestants (churches) do anything like this even if it means doing it for Muslims or even other denominations? No, I don't see this as ecumenical because it is about serving others as a slave for Jesus and not unity all Protestant churches as one - and yet how absurd it is that Protestant are sorely divided at all.

2014/4/18 8:49Profile
MaryJane

Re: Pope breaking the rules

Greetings John

I think as followers of CHRIST our best and only example in life is JESUS. I don't need to look at the head of a false religion to know how to treat others. The BIBLE tells us to be a servant and to love others in CHRIST. I do believe we should pray for the pope, he is lost and deceived.

I am reminded that there are those who will look at this man and call what he does good, but then we need to remember Matthew 7:21-23

21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

God bless
maryjane

2014/4/18 10:24Profile

Re:

It really means nothing DEADn. It is all show to keep the people deceived and cause others to bash Non-Catholics. Are you really fooled by all of that?

What would mean something is for them to empty out the Vatican Bank, and distribute it to the poor (for starters). They have land, buidings, artwork, stocks, etc, etc. They practice tokenism to the poor. It is a shell game. Actually, what would mean something is for the Pope to repent and renounce his position and walk away from the RCC and follow Jesus.

Please tell me you are not comparing the Pope to Jesus or even as a "slave of Jesus". Jesus is more like a slave to the Pope, but fortunately the real Jesus is not. The RCC uses the "JESUS" of their own making.

You don't know why so many Protestant sects are divided? Please tell me you are kidding? They follow men not Jesus! And these men are rivals and competitors of each other but in public they play the "unity show". They are also rivals and competitors of Jesus (just like the Pope). Religious spirits work the same way, whether in the RCC or Protestantism.

2014/4/18 11:22
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

I plan to respond later to the posts but I want to ask you something. How much anger do you hold in your hearts toward Catholics? Or maybe put it this way, Yes the Catholic church teaches what I consider false doctrine when it comes to salvation but do you also use that to verbalize anger against the Catholic faith and Catholic people?

My OP was about the demonstration the Pope was doing and how it broke 'tradition' rules and yet it was a more righteous act than the rules he broke. Kind of like doing something great on the Sabbath when someone should be doing nothing.

2014/4/18 19:41Profile
MaryJane

Re:

by DEADn on 2014/4/18 16:41:33

I plan to respond later to the posts but I want to ask you something. How much anger do you hold in your hearts toward Catholics? Or maybe put it this way, Yes the Catholic church teaches what I consider false doctrine when it comes to salvation but do you also use that to verbalize anger against the Catholic faith and Catholic people?

My OP was about the demonstration the Pope was doing and how it broke 'tradition' rules and yet it was a more righteous act than the rules he broke. Kind of like doing something great on the Sabbath when someone should be doing nothing.

Greetings John
Not sure if your post was directed at me but I felt led to respond. I hold no anger at all towards Catholics in my heart, actually the contrary is true. I pray for them often, and when I share with them I pray for the leading of the HOLY SPIRIT. If you read my post you will see where I said I pray for the pope to repent and see his need for JESUS.

The point to my post is that there are many people out there that do "good" things but in the end it does not mean anything they are still lost and deceived and need our prayers. I saw another news article this evening where Nancy Pelosi washed the feet of immigrants, while that might be a very nice gesture on her part I would never look to her as an example of following JESUS. The pope is not saved, he does not follow JESUS so why would I look to him as an example. Why would I look to any lost person as an example of following JESUS??

God bless
maryjane

2014/4/18 22:01Profile

Re:

Hi DEADn, did you know that you are repeating a spurious accusation that originates from the RCC's own "playbook"? "How much anger do you hold in your hearts towards Catholics?" I don't know if you have ever led a Catholic to the Lord or even spent a few hours with them befriending them and showing them the love of God, but I know the difference between their doctrine and people.

Your accusation starts with supposed attacks on people then you talk about the Catholic church's false doctrine then you superimpose our statements back onto the catholic people.

I don't recall anyone ever saying anything hateful about Catholic people. I do not know who is saved or who is not saved. But, I do know that the Pope is not the temporal and spiritual ruler of the earth, nor is he the Vicar of Christ (meaning he has supreme and universal primacy).

May I suggest that you educate yourself regarding what God thinks of a man who takes the place of His Son on the earth and then take it up with Him?

If you really want to be blessed, check out this link.

http://www.whateverycatholicshouldknow.com/helpforcatholics/Watch/Priests_and_Nuns.html

Choreographed photo shots to evoke human sympathy and adulation are common place, today. Are they not? If that is what you are looking for in non-Catholics, I am sure you can find photo shots of "good works".

By the way, there are hundreds of schisms in the Catholic church, which goes against their open claim of unity.

Anyway, don't take my word for it, see what Catholics have to say about the Pope.

The pope should resign! Investigative journalist, Joe Rigert, and abuse campaigner, Richard Sipe, have upped the stakes in the continuing controversy of clerical sexual abuse by suggesting that Pope Benedict and all bishops complicit in the scandal should voluntarily resign. They argue in this commentary especially prepared for Catholica "the Catholic Church today is in need of a reformation as profound (and breathtaking) as any in its history". http://www.catholica.com.au/gc3/rs/index.php

I supposed you will accuse Richard Sipe of hating Catholics, too.
http://www.awrsipe.com/

2014/4/19 7:34

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy