SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Revival Hangs On The Prayers of God's People

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Revival Hangs On The Prayers of God's People

From "The Herald of His Coming"

Revival Hangs On The Prayers Of God’s People
By W. C. Moore

Hear the Word of the Lord: "I exhort therefore, that first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; for kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty" (1 Tim. 2:1-2).

All true Christians over the world must unite in a great volume of earnest, fervent crying unto our God that God, for Jesus’ sake, will mightily intervene in world affairs, and send a genuine Holy Ghost Revival! "What meanest thou, O sleeper? Arise, call upon thy God" (Jon. 1:6).

We are told to let our requests be made known unto God "with thanksgiving" (Phil. 4:6). And as the brotherhood of burning hearts – burning with love to God, and to our Lord Jesus Christ – as we, in this united brotherhood over the world, unite in fervent, believing prayer – let us do so with heartfelt thanksgiving to God for the way He has been hearing and answering our prayers, and with thanksgiving for His love and faithfulness in continuing to answer our heart-cries for His glory.

"We are labourers together with God" (1 Cor. 3:9). God uses us, Christians, to get His work done. We know that judgment is coming on a Christ-rejecting world, and we are not trying to get God to change His program. But there is a revival due before the final judgments fall! And it is strictly up to you, up to me, to pray down that mighty sin-convicting, heart-searching, Holy Ghost revival which God Himself has aforetime determined shall come before His final judgments sweep and purge this wicked earth!

God’s prophecies must be prayed into fulfillment by His believing, alerted children. "Ask ye of the Lord rain in the time of the latter rain" (Zech. 10:1). "Thus saith the Lord God; I will yet for this be inquired of…to do it" (Ezek. 36:37).

Daniel read the prophecy of Jeremiah concerning the seventy years of Jerusalem’s desolations, and he did not simply say, "Well, here is something that God has promised, and I have nothing to do about it – it will come out all right."

No! Daniel said, "I set my face unto the Lord God, to seek by prayer and supplications, with fasting, and sackcloth, and ashes: and I prayed unto the Lord my God, and made my confession…We have sinned" (Dan. 9:3-5). We see here that God, by His Holy Spirit, puts upon His people the urge and the burden to pray into fulfillment what He has promised! We are labourers together with God. "The Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought" (Rom. 8:26).

Daniel prayed, he fasted, he set his face unto the Lord God! Let us fast, if possible, as well as pray! "It is time to seek the Lord, till He come and rain righteousness upon you" (Hos. 10:12). "I will pour out my Spirit upon all flesh" (Joel 2:28).

And we today must watch lest we preach more about prayer than we practice it. We as God’s born-again, blood-washed, believing children, are His ambassadors (2 Cor. 5:20), Christ’s representatives on the earth. We are "workers together with Him" (2 Cor. 6:1), and are here on earth to see to it that God’s wishes are carried out and also to work with God in the carrying out of His plans.

Christ is the Head of the church which is His body. What can a head do without a body! (Eph. 5:23-24; Col. 1:12-18).

Even the devil gets his evil business done through his children. Jesus said, "Ye do the deeds of your father…Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts [desires] of your father ye will do" (John 8:41, 44). And shall God’s work on earth be left undone, or be half done, or poorly done because you and I are too lazy, too indifferent, too unbelieving, too timid, too self-sparing to plunge into the battle of prayer and overcome, as Jesus has overcome? (Rev. 3:21). God forbid! We are to help get God’s will done in earth as it is in heaven! (Matt. 6:10).

Christian soldiers, with hearts aflame, with loins girded, with lights shining, with faces set, with faith rising – let us look unto Jesus, the great Captain of the Lord’s hosts, and let us fervently, resolutely press toward the mark of world revival and world evangelization!

Forward then, to the fray! Give yourself up wholly to winning Christian victory. Stir others also to the limit of your ability, heeding the Scripture which says, "Exhort one another daily" (Heb. 3:13).

We MUST have revival! "If God be for us, who can be against us?" (Rom. 8:31). "When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord shall lift up a standard against him" (Isa. 59:19).

2014/4/18 8:13Profile
flaglady

Northern New York

Re: Revival Hangs On The Prayers of God's People

EXCELLENT POST!!

Daniel read the prophecy of Jeremiah concerning the seventy years of Jerusalem’s desolations, and he did not simply say, "Well, here is something that God has promised, and I have nothing to do about it – it will come out all right."

No! Daniel said, "I set my face unto the Lord God, to seek by prayer and supplications, with fasting, and sackcloth, and ashes: and I prayed unto the Lord my God, and made my confession…We have sinned" (Dan. 9:3-5). We see here that God, by His Holy Spirit, puts upon His people the urge and the burden to pray into fulfillment what He has promised! We are labourers together with God. "The Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought" (Rom. 8:26).

Daniel prayed, he fasted, he set his face unto the Lord God! Let us fast, if possible, as well as pray! "It is time to seek the Lord, till He come and rain righteousness upon you" (Hos. 10:12). "I will pour out my Spirit upon all flesh" (Joel 2:28).

IF WE SEEK HIM AND WE TURN FROM OUR WICKED WAYS... HE WILL HEAR.. HE WILL FORGIVE.

WE ARE HIS PEOPLE.. WE ARE HIS SONS AND DAUGHTERS.
I PRAY FOR A GIFT OF REPENTANCE STARTING IN THE BODY OF CHRIST IN EACH HEART IN JESUS NAME...
AMEN

2014/4/27 20:18Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy