SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Does grace set the Christian free from obeying God?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Does grace set the Christian free from obeying God?

I have been around people who claim to be Christian who are breaking God laws and say, "I am not under law, I am under grace".

Some people think that they are free from the demands of the law and the grace has set them free from all personal obedience to God.

Some use the following verse to prove that they can do anything they want and it is okay.

1 Cor 6:12, "All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any."

Does grace set aside obedience?
Does grace set aside the law?
Are we free to do anything?

2005/4/11 15:04
taco

Re: Does grace set the Christian free from obeying God?

Grace sets the christian free from obeying sin!

2005/4/11 15:56Profile
lastblast

Michigan

Re:

Quote:
Grace sets the christian free from obeying sin!

AMEN!!! I do think there is a large element within confessing Christendom that believes Grace is to cover continuing in sin. My understanding of Grace is that it has given us the power to overcome sin and flee from sin when it is revealed to us as such(something an unbeliever cannot possibly do). Blessings in Him, Cindy :-)

2005/4/11 16:04Profile
Rahman

What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid ... Rom.6:15

2005/4/11 16:11Profile

Are we free do to do anything? for the nominal Christian, yes.

For the Christian who desires to move on with God? No.

As many as RECEIVED Him, NOT ACCEPT Him!

I am coming to realize that a true blue believer is someone who is being disciplined. Those who are not, are bastards, if they take the grace of God and justify themselves in a loose fashion.

Though Christ made "an end of sins" thru His death on the cross, many have seen this as an opprotunity to sin, saying "as long as I am under the blood, I am ok."

Christ never done away with the law persay, He met it's demands by obeying it to the letter in His flesh so that by His flesh He would condemn sin in the flesh, which we simply could not do.

It's purpose now according to the flesh is to show us that we need Christ.

It's purpose in the Spirit is that it is being written on our hearts. From the heart will issue this new life that is not conditioned to flesh and blood but by the Holy Spirit.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life."

Paul said, "The Law is holy........the Law is Spiritual."

But if we try, as many foolish and weak minded believers have done, trying to live according to the law, we will never grow in grace and in the knowledge of our LORD Jesus Christ.

Who would want to live after the flesh when Christ proved that by living after the law is futile it will, in the end slay you, as did with Christ, when he "For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin", yet the Law was standing right there saying "crucify Him crucify Him". Wow

As I am writing this guys, this is becoming a revelation to me, I have not known what I just wrote above. It just became real to me as I was typing. Praise the LORD.

I have been asking the LORD to show me the details of what He did on that cross and make it real to me, I thought He would give me a dream in technicolour or something. But His ways are higher then ours.

I look forward to more of His revealings, I love this website.

Karl :-)

2005/4/11 16:16

Re:

I'm with Rahman... GOD FORBID!

Krispy

2005/4/11 16:54

What is a nominal Christian?

Is he Born again?
Does he love the Lord?
Does he Have The Holy Spirit?
Will he go to heaven?
Is the "nominal Christian" free to disobey God?

2005/4/11 17:11

Re: What is a nominal Christian?

When I say "nominal", I am referring to those people that CLAIM to be born again, heaven bound, holy Spirit filled and truly say LORD LORD.

By the way FreeCD, what is your stand on Standards?

Karl

2005/4/11 17:57
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Does a "nominal christian," reside in the House forever?

In Christ
Jeff

2005/4/11 18:11Profile

Re: Forget it

You guys are miscontruding everything that I am trying to say.

Forget what I said about a Nominal Christian.

Think in this direction concerning those who came to Christ on that great judgement day, those who "thought they were Christians".

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

It is very clear by these words that they were doing thier own will and NOT the will of thier Father which is in heaven.

That is what I mean by Nominal Christian.

Karl

2005/4/11 18:16

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy