SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Praying to kill Obamacare

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Praying to kill Obamacare

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=C1Z-5dHGKw4

I came across this video showing some Christians praying against Obamacare. The question I have is are they really using prayer in the right way with this or are they praying amiss? Is their hatred toward this healthcare prostituting the use of prayer or is God directing them to prayer against it and will that prayer be answered?

2014/4/16 18:49Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Praying to kill Obamacare

Romans 13
New International Version (NIV)
Submission to Governing Authorities

13 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended. 4 For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience.

6 This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God’s servants, who give their full time to governing. 7 Give to everyone what you owe them: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.

2014/4/16 18:52Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Praying to kill Obamacare

Brother,

I may not post a video about it or pray long prayers but I pray, "God bring someone into office who will undo obamacare. please Jesus."

I understand the verse you posted Greg and I'm not trying to be disagreeable but had the Christians in the 1700's only sat back on that verse we wouldn't have the United States of America. And i don't want to start a politically charged thread so that's all I'll say on it!! :)

I don't know if that man on youtube (or even me), is (are) praying amiss or not, b/c I honestly believe that God has allowed (or maybe even put into office), obama. It's like pharaoh instituting the Israelites to make bricks without straw... what is it going to take for God's people in America to begin to cry out for Him?

I do know that Christian's have become MORE Republican (political) instead of MORE Christian through this whole debacle, so I have no clue what we are in for down the road to get us to cry out to God. Who knows? Only God does but in the mean time, when it comes to mind, I'll still pray for new leadership and a better health care system.

God bless you,
Lisa

PS: One thing I have said and believe is that God's people need to step out in faith & learn to anoint with oil and lay hands on the sick b/c people are going to need THAT more than obamacare.

2014/4/17 4:06Profile

Re:

NIV has corrupted the Scriptures as we can see in Romans 13.

The Constitution of the United States is a higher power than the tyrannical "governing authorities" which ignore the Constitution and Bill of Rights. These are the highest laws of the land, not tyrannical judges and senators who are NOT obeying the "higher powers" of the nation. Are we to obey those "governing authorities" who are disobeying the "higher powers"?

501(3)c has indoctrinated churches with heresy.

I am very glad Hobby Lobby and others are resisting Obamacare and other tyrannical, unconstitutional laws on the basis of their conscience and religious beliefs. Are they resisting God or tyranny against God?

We ought to obey God rather than man.

Supremacy Clause of the Constitution of the United States:
This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the constitution or laws of any state to the contrary notwithstanding.

In Federalist No. 44, James Madison similarly defends the Supremacy Clause as vital to the functioning of the nation. He noted that state legislatures were invested with all powers not specifically defined in the constitution, but also said that having the federal government subservient to various state constitutions would be an inversion of the principles of government, concluding that if supremacy were not established "it would have seen the authority of the whole society everywhere subordinate to the authority of the parts; it would have seen a monster, in which the head was under the direction of the members".

2014/4/17 7:48

Re:

HI Lysa,

"I understand the verse you posted Greg and I'm not trying to be disagreeable but had the Christians in the 1700's only sat back on that verse we wouldn't have the United States of America. And i don't want to start a politically charged thread so that's all I'll say on it!! :)"

In 67ad the Christians in Jerusalem fled to Pella. Should they have stood up and fought with their fellow Israelites against the tyranical Romans? When Paul is writing Romans, Nero is in power, making any king of England look like a choir boy. Was the early church just weak men who did not have the stomach to form armed militias and have a revolution against Rome? I really would like to know your answers to these questions, they are not rhetorical , for it goes to the logic of your quote above...........bro Frank

2014/4/17 10:05
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
sermonindex....whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves.

The law will be repealed "eventually" because certain politicians have "rebelled" against the Constitution "their authority".

2014/4/17 10:07Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
just-in...NIV has corrupted the Scriptures as we can see in Romans 13.

The Constitution of the United States is a higher power than the tyrannical "governing authorities" which ignore the Constitution and Bill of Rights. These are the highest laws of the land, not tyrannical judges and senators who are NOT obeying the "higher powers" of the nation. Are we to obey those "governing authorities" who are disobeying the "higher powers"?

You nailed it!

2014/4/17 10:09Profile
proudpapa

Re:

///In 67ad the Christians in Jerusalem fled to Pella.///

They Fled because Jesus specifically warned them in the Scriptures beforehand what was fixing to take place, and He had instructed them to flee. Had they not listened to the clear and specific warning in the Scriptures they would have been overthrown and killed.
I feel that to be a poor analogy to compare with The American Revolution for one reason and that is because in the Presbyterian Rebellion God in His Soverighnty allowed them to win.

2014/4/17 10:48Profile
proudpapa

Re:

RE: ///One thing I have said and believe is that God's people need to step out in faith & learn to anoint with oil and lay hands on the sick b/c people are going to need THAT more than obamacare///

very well said Lisa!

2014/4/17 10:50Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

FYI
when you want to quote someone do in it like this:

(bracket)([) the word quote and then (bracket)(])
body of message
(bracket)([) forward slash / the word quote and then end (bracket) (])

It will help your posting look better. I hope this makes sense?

2014/4/17 11:19Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy