SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : How does one live a Christ like life?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Sree

Re:

Denny your will and take up the cross everyday. Jesus took the cross everyday of his life. He did not do his will but his fathers will. Cross is a symbol that when my will and god's will cross each other I yield to do his will. There is no short cut to christlikeness other than taking up our cross. Every temptation that we face is simply this whether we do our will or his will. A broken man will acknowlege that he cannot do God's will all the time by his own strength but by God's grace alone he can be an overcomer.

2014/4/13 13:27Profile
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re: How to live the Christ-like life

How to live the Christ-like life?

First by recognizing that it can't be done.

That is, can't be done apart from Christ living in me.

The Christ-like life... is Christ.

2014/4/13 14:10Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

He that says he abides in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked. 1 John 2:6

2014/4/13 14:32Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

ADisciple wrote: How to live the Christ-like life?

First by recognizing that it can't be done.

That is, can't be done apart from Christ living in me.

The Christ-like life... is Christ.

There is an excellent book by Watchman Nee entitled "The Secret of Christian Living".

I believe that this book is at the heart of how we are to live the Christian life.

The first thing that we need to realize is that only Christ can live the Christian life. We cannot do it by attempting to copy or imitate Christ or by any effort of the flesh or through will power.

We need to know that we are in Christ and that Christ lives in us.

"For me to live is Christ." (Philippians 1:21)

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. (Galatians 2:20).

If we are to live like Christ, then Christ must live in us. He is living in us so that He can live through us.

In order for Christ to live His life through us, our minds must be renewed by the Holy Spirit and the Word of God. Our part is consecration. Submitting ourselves to God in total obedience to His will.

"I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God." (Romans 12:1,2).

In order to live the Christ life life, we must deny self, take up our cross, and follow Jesus. (Luke 9:23).

We can't follow Jesus unless we are denying self and taking up our cross.

Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.… (Philippians 3:13, 14).

2014/4/14 10:16Profile

Re:

Brethren thank you for your posts. As I have read them they garbage fragrance of Jesus. Truly go if thoughts from the heart of Jesus..

Blaine

2014/4/14 10:34

Re:

Something Abideinhim said resonated in my spirit. Can we say to live a Christ like life is to have the indwelling Christ Himself living in us?

Blaine

2014/4/14 10:37

Re:

Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

2Co 4:11 For we which live are alway delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh.

Rom 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

John 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing

2014/4/14 11:12
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re: How does one live a Christ like life?

It is impossible to live Christ like in this present age without abiding in the Vine. We not only have to recognize the fact that we are in Christ and that Christ lives in us, but we need to receive the life that is in the Vine. This speaks of having deep fellowship and communion with the Lord. Much prayer, keeping our eyes on Jesus, meditating on His Word. Allowing the Holy Spirit to have His way in us. Only the Holy Spirit can make us like Christ.

Mike

2014/4/14 15:44Profile
jujashan4

Re:

Thanks everyone for your responses and thanks Blaine for the question.
Encouraging and refreshing.
:-)

2014/4/15 8:52Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re: How does one live a Christ like life?

Thank you Blaine and all of you that participated in this discussion. We can all benefit as each member of the Body gives forth his or her portion.

This subject of being like Christ is of upmost importantance in the plans and purposes of God for every child of God.

God is going to have sons and daughters that are conformed to the image of His Son.

There is no greater witness to the world and sinners than a saint that is allowing Christ to live, to love, and to manifest Himself through them.

Mike

2014/4/15 11:37Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy