SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : 5 Keys to remaining young by Edgar Reich

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 5 Keys to remaining young by Edgar Reich

Psalm 103:1-5
Bless the Lord, O my soul;
And all that is within me, bless His holy name!
2 Bless the Lord, O my soul,
And forget not all His benefits:
3 Who forgives all your iniquities,
Who heals all your diseases,
4 Who redeems your life from destruction,
Who crowns you with loving kindness and tender mercies,
5 Who satisfies your mouth with good things,
So that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.

Men and woman look for the fountain of youth. They buy creams, vitamins, skin treatments, do exercises, and have surgeons stretch their skin. Psalm 103:5 tells us that our youth is renewed like the eagle's if we follow the Lord. The explanation is in the 5 verses.

The 1st key is to live with a focus.
Psalm 103:1 says to bless the Lord, O my soul, and to focus on the Lord with all that is within me. Blessing the Lord shows my thoughts towards Him;He is good. My soul is the seat of my mind, will and emotions. When I focus with my mind, will and emotions on God and His Son Jesus I know through His Spirit that I have a future and a hope. Scripture says without a vision the people perish. Without a hope we are hopeless. Our hope is the Lord. Live passionately for God and His Son Jesus. Live for Jesus. Keep your eyes fixed on Jesus. When many followers of Jesus left him He asked the 12 disciples: Do you also want to leave me? But Simon Peter answered Him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. Also we have come to believe and know that You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”

The 2nd key is to live gratefully.
Psalm 103:2 says to remember all His benefits. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning. He gives us air to breathe, a bed to sleep in, shoes for our feet, clothing for our bodies, and food to eat. Everything good and perfect comes from God. Psalm 139 tells us how much God loves us: " How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How great is the sum of them! If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand;" The good thoughts God has for each of us exceed the cornels of sand in all the earth. He gave us His Son so that we might have life forever more.

The 3rd key is to live forgiven.
Psalm 103:3 reminds us that He will forgive all our iniquities. All our sins can be forgiven by God. A Psychiatrist commented that 80% of all mental hospital patients would recover if they would understand that their sins can be forgiven. The grace of God and His forgiveness are available to us through Jesus Christ His Son. Our lives are shortened by guilt, by regrets, by shame and by failures. Romans 8:1 says: "There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. " Christ is able to heal all our diseases, short comings and addictions. Thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

The 4th key is to live as a Child of God.
Psalm 103:4 says that the Lord redeemed you from a life of destruction. Through the Son of God you are set free if you have asked Him to come into your heart by faith asking Him to save you. Romans 10:9-10 "that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." Then the Lord crowns you with loving kindness and tender mercies. You are His child. You are salt and light. You are seated with Christ in the heavenlies. You are forgiven and cleansed by the blood of Jesus. You are bought with a price. You are a saint. You are a witness of Christ. You are a citizen of heaven. You are significant to God because he sent His Son Jesus to die for you. You have access to God through His Son and the Holy Spirit. You cannot be separated from the love of God. You have been chosen and appointed to bear fruit. You are a branch of the true vine. You are a new creation. You have a purpose for living. You have been adopted by God. You are His ambassador.

The 5th Key is to live confidently and by faith.
Psalm 103:5 says that God will satisfy your mouth with good things so that your youth is renewed like that of an eagle. You will live forever when you ask Jesus to save you. God will give you a new body for eternity when you see Jesus face to face, Praise God. When a mother or father has confidence in you it makes you feel wonderful. If a mother or father criticizes you all the time you feel terrible. God said He has for you tender mercies and loving kindness. Ephesians 3:11-13 " according to the eternal purpose which He accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord, in whom we have boldness and access with confidence through faith in Him. Therefore I ask that you do not lose heart at my tribulations for you, which is your glory."

God loves you so much He says I will give you good things and renew your youth like an eagle forever. Be confident of His love even in trials. This will let you sleep at night. No worries are needed. This will keep wrinkles from your face. You will stay young in the Lord. You will soar as an eagle over all of life's troubles. Bless the Lord, O my soul.

2014/4/1 10:53Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy