SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Prayer needed for drug addict

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Prayer needed for drug addict

I'm a bit involved with drug addicts, trying to help and share the Gospel. One guy is currently staying with me. He has never had a normal live. At the moment he is separated from his girlfriend but they have a young kid together. Her parents are from a different culture and are quite controlling, it is quite complicated and humanly speaking the situation is hopeless. Everyone around them thinks they should just split up and live their separate lives but I pray and pray that one day they will be a proper family under God. So I appreciate your prayers for them, lets call them S. and B. and please also pray for me for wisdom and strength.
May the Lord "do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think..." Eph 3:20 Blessings Markus

2014/3/26 4:32
mama27

Re: Prayer needed for drug addict

I have prayed, Markus, and ask the Lord to continue to bring your situation to mind. May you see His hand at work in the lives of these people - God bless you!

2014/3/26 9:24Profile

Re: Prayer needed for drug addict - update

Thank you mama27 and everyone else who has been praying. Thought I give you a brief update.
I have known B for about 2 years but to live with him in the same house is a new and difficult experience for me.
He had a very bad childhood, then turned to drugs which he has given up now. But his wounds from his childhood are still deep and his behavior is accordingly.A few days ago he told me that he was also involved with the occult, witch craft, card reading etc. and he feels tormented when he wants to read the Bible.I have wondered about that for a while but now it is confirmed. Needless to say that he doesn't want the Jesus of the Bible, the living Son of God. Sadly he now seeks help from the Jehova Witnesses. They do what false prophets do, to give him what he wants and it is not the true Lord and Savior.
The last two months have been quite difficult and sadly i wanted to give up a few times but he is still here and i feel all this is part of a bigger plan that God has, maybe for both of us. It is very important that i don't give up. I know it is "not by power nor by might but by His Spirit ..."
Please continue to pray for both of us and if someone can give me some advice about this occult stuff i would appreciate it.
Blessings, Markus

2014/5/8 3:09
flaglady

Northern New York

I will pray also. I am a counselor and minister to addicts and alcoholics.daily.. I find they just want to be loved unconditionally, which Im sure u can.
I pray he can get to the root of HIS pain and see the LOVE of Christ through you. I pray for Truth for His ears and for favor for you. May the LORDS Holy angels break the chains of addiction over him and May He receive the healing balm of JESUS and be Healed in JESUS name.
In Him
Frannie

2014/5/8 20:18Profile
flaglady

Northern New York

Re: drug addict occult

Hi again
I just read your update
As for the witchcraft most of the addicts I work with are into 'the higher power of their understanding" One is with a female god who whispers lies.
TAROT CARDS ARE like horoscopes I sam 15:23.. root is rebellion and pride.. all under the guise of false prophets lies lies.. I PRAY FOR TRUTH FOR YOU AND FOR HIM IN THE NAME OF JESUS..
Cover yourself with the BLOOD daily and I cover His mind with theBLOOD take authority over the lying spirit and tormenting spirit in the NAME of JESUS.
JESUS HAS THE POWER OVER EVERY DEMONIC.. THEY ARE LIARS and are no match for THE POWER OF THE BLOOD OF JESUS THAT HE SHED FOR US.
HOPE THIS HELPS.
FRANNIE

2014/5/8 20:23Profile
mama27

Re:

Thank you for the update, and I am sure it is very difficult. I am reminded to pray for you more. I saw some time ago on SI that someone recommended Jim Logan's sermons in dealing with spiritual warfare, which certainly is what is happening in this case. I'm sorry I can't provide a link, but I am sure you could find it fairly easily with a search. I think his ministry has been renamed "Biblical Restoration Ministries"....You are doing a wonderful thing, so hang on....

2014/5/9 8:46Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Markus,

I minister in the local jail for women and have for almost 7 years now and just this past October, a woman I knew “D” from there, she was homeless, so trying to be kind, I brought her home. She stayed with me approx 2 1/2 months and I don’t plan on EVER doing that it again unless the Lord speaks clearly to me to do it.

One thing I learned through this experience is that my home is a place of safety and peace and that that needs to be guarded because I can’t get that anywhere else.

All the things you have spoken about were there with her. In the beginning we were friends but by the end, man, was I glad to see her go.

I will be praying for you, Markus. And this is not from the Lord or anything, just me but I wouldn't try casting out any demons by yourself unless you KNOW the Lord is it totally in it and don’t stop at just one demon! They are like deer, where you see one, there is a whole family of them following behind!!

I've never listened to Jim Logan and I'm sure he is good, but I've listened a LOT to Derek Prince. You might want to listen to these sermons too, if you are inclined…

Derek Prince – How to be delivered from Demons and Demonic Oppression
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjv-oVuOEeA

Derek Prince – The Basics of Deliverance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec_NgpvS2os

God bless you and hope all works out well,
Lisa

2014/5/9 13:35Profile

Thank you again for all your prayers and advice. Will look up "Biblical Restoration Ministries"
I agree we shouldn't do any ministries just because there is a need for it. Brother Zac Poonan explains this in his sermon
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/myvideo/photo.php?lid=3823
I believe God has His hand over my situation and i need to learn to be more and more under His authority.
Will post an update again in a few weeks or months.
The LORD is king! Let the earth rejoice! Let the farthest coastlands be glad (Psalm 97:1)NLT
In Him, Markus

2014/5/9 18:03

Thank you everyone who has been praying. Just a bit more infos and an update.
B. was sentenced to "home detention" end of last year. But in March he suddenly needed a new home otherwise he would have had to go to prison. Because I had a room available I felt I should offer it to him, no one else took him in. If I had "looked the other way" I would have lost my credibility as a Christian plus I still believe God had and still has His hand on the situation. But it has been a major challenge and learning experience so far which I now see that I needed. A good soldier of Jesus Christ must endure hardship (2Tim 2v3)

Thankfully B realized the the JW teaching is not of God. Sometimes i think that deep down he realizes that Jesus is the only way.
But at the moment the situation is quite critical. It has to do with custody and family issues. In such situations he becomes quite unstable and the "old nature " takes over again and may be evil spirits as well. He could harm himself or other people! So please continue to pray for him, that the Lord intervenes and reveals the truth to him. (Matthew 16:17) and that nobody gets hurt. Please also pray for me for strength, endurance and wisdom. Thank you so much!

2014/7/24 4:40

Re:

Quote:
Cover yourself with the BLOOD daily and I cover His mind with theBLOOD take authority over the lying spirit and tormenting spirit in the NAME of JESUS.

Sorry but that is not scriptural. The Blood is to cleanse us from sin not to protect us. If we are not cleansed from sin then we are not protected.

2014/7/24 5:55

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy