SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Evangelical charity World Vision to hire married gay Christians

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

They've probably been hiring unbiblically divorced and remarried people for decades now. How is this different?

2014/3/25 17:59Profile

Re:

There is a difference between winking at something and publicly endorsing something. Now I say both positions to be wrong, but there is a difference. The difference is that so many ministries simply cannot or will not stand up and face into the cultural winds that are now blowing at hurricane strength. This is only a category 1 hurricane though, the pressure is only going to increase.

So, God is shaking all that can be shaken. It is an exposing of what lies behind so that there can be no excuse. If there are multitudes in the valley of decision , then they will make that decision with their eyes wide open......bro Frank

2014/3/25 18:20
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

I think here they aren't endorsing it, as they even said they aren't. They seem to simply hire whoever wants a job.

2014/3/25 18:24Profile
MaryJane

Re:

by appolus on 2014/3/25 15:20:45

There is a difference between winking at something and publicly endorsing something. Now I say both positions to be wrong, but there is a difference. The difference is that so many ministries simply cannot or will not stand up and face into the cultural winds that are now blowing at hurricane strength. This is only a category 1 hurricane though, the pressure is only going to increase.

So, God is shaking all that can be shaken. It is an exposing of what lies behind so that there can be no excuse. If there are multitudes in the valley of decision , then they will make that decision with their eyes wide open......bro Frank

Greetings Frank

Good post. What we are seeing is more and more compromise by those in the religious system who want to hold on to what they have.

God bless
mj

2014/3/25 18:34Profile
noone

United States

Re:

Why does everyone pick on this sin?

2014/3/25 21:16Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings Noone

you said:by noone on 2014/3/25 18:16:46

Why does everyone pick on this sin?

If I man ask you a question, which sin would JESUS allow us to remain in? Which sin would HE tell us not to repent of or not to warn others to repent of?? Which sin should we look the other way and be silent about??

mj

2014/3/25 21:41Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

I have been looking at this issue as well. Coupled with it our SS lesson on Sunday includes Matthew 5:39-42: (NASB)

39 “But I say to you, do not resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.

40 “If anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, let him have your coat also.

41“Whoever forces you to go one mile, go with him two.

42“Give to him who asks of you, and do not turn away from him who wants to borrow from you.

And I have to teach it. SIGH

Yet, when I look at the context how Jesus healed folks, fed them, he addressed the sin issue when there was one present. If the hiring of a person is done knowing full well he/she will be called upon to minister the mercy and grace of God, how can one justifiably hire someone living in overt sin? Can we do any less then that and have the blessing of God upon us?

It is easy to indulge in humanitarian work without addressing the spiritual needs of the recipients. The end result is that you will end up feeding an entitlement mindset. The reality is that needy folks do not want the spiritual needs addressed. I know - worked for a charity when we shared physical goods with our clients.

My opinion and experience.

ginnyrose

EDITED

2014/3/26 16:28Profile
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re:

"by KingJimmy on 2014/3/25 18:24:54

I think here they aren't endorsing it, as they even said they aren't. They seem to simply hire whoever wants a job."

KingJimmy,

If they were making it clear that it didn't matter what type of sin that an individual is involved in, then you might have a point, but that is not the case at all. They make it very clear that their unmarried workers are to be living in abstinence, and their married workers are to be living in fidelity ... and that their gay workers must be married and living in fidelity to their spouses. By having guidelines that require that a person be a Christian and stipulating other actions that they recognize as Christian they are making a bold clear statement to all that they consider married gay people Christian people!

They are simply joining the rest of the perverted world in declaring that homosexuality is OK. If they were to state that "Christian pedophiles" could work for them as long as they adhered to certain guidelines ... how would you take it?

2014/3/26 18:40Profile
mattf12486

Re: World Vision just reveresed their decision

http://www.christianpost.com/news/world-vision-reverses-decision-on-gay-married-employees-we-made-a-mistake-116871/

2014/3/26 19:15Profile
noone

United States

Re:

So, will they hire someone with a serious pride issue? How about a person that gossips or is selfish or doesn't love their spouse the way they should or lives in unforgiveness or bitterness or un loving towards everyone? There is a myriad of sins that "christians" live in knowingly...

2014/3/26 20:00Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy