SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : I am Stepping out of the Closet - CONTROVERSIAL

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
jstrang

Owasso, OK

I am Stepping out of the Closet - CONTROVERSIAL

I am Stepping out of the Closet - (Controversial)

(Warning: this most likely will be seen as controversial in today's cultural landscape)

(I was going to do this as video first, but I have decided to post the transcript. We are just too busy at this time to record and edit a video.)

Today I am stepping out of the closet. Please excuse me if in any way I offend you, for it is not my motivation.

As I stand before you today, as I quite possibly venture into a whole new world. For you see I am stepping out of the closet. And what is this closet that I am stepping out of, which has been set down around me by news, social media, and the government?

I announce to you today that I am a married, white, heterosexual male who is madly in love with his wife and his children. Even more alarming to some of you is this: Not only am I a married, white, heterosexual male who is madly in love with his wife and children, but I am completely sold out to, love and cherish the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Only Living and Almighty God who has delivered me from a raging life of past hypocrisy, drunkenness, drugs, severe depression, continual anger and a religiosity of dead works. If this were not enough, I announce to you today that I love all men and women equally and I do not hold one’s sins and faults against anyone. Although I myself am not perfect, I announce to you that I strive to be as my God is, holy (Heb. 12:10,14). Although I may fall, I will get back up again. Although I ought not to lift one sin higher than another, I must admit, there is one sin I hate more than all others. There is one sin that I must cry out against. I cannot be quiet any longer.

I announce to you today, as I step out of the closet, and in the midst of this world of ‘cheap grace,’ false prophets, ignorant salvations and extremely overdriven political correctness, I must admit to you there is one sin that I absolutely hate. I stand here today to tell you that I come out of the closet as a married, white, heterosexual male who loves his wife, his children, his God, loves all people the same, hates his own sin and yet I hate a particular sin more than all other sins combined.

This sin that I hate, again let me say with clarity I hate not a person, the sin that I loathe so very badly is that which takes the blessed name of my Lord Jesus Christ in vain. This sin of the Lord’s name in vain that I hate so badly is not that which merely slanders Jesus with words, but that which takes the name “Christian” and uses the title for personal, political, and economic gain. This sin uses the name “Christian” so to relate to the terms ‘grace’ and ‘love’ and ‘mercy’ and ‘forgiveness’ in such a way that true grace, true love, true mercy and true forgiveness are never experienced. This sin has falsified the true saving power of the Gospel and a great many souls are being left deceived and utterly destitute. This sin takes a verbalized ‘cheap grace’ so that one feels right with God and justified to live a lifestyle of perpetual reveling in sin. And far more than I would like to admit, there are times I see this in myself as well.

Now, I need no applause, no parades, no signs, no prideful eloquence nor cause or agenda to further my stance. For I have no time for such foolishness. I am hard working, loyal to my family, and dedicated to my God – and for this I will not be ashamed. Upon the Rock of Christ I stand and if He alone is with me, I have everything I need!

To the Saints:

I hope that I can encourage the true saints of our Lord Jesus Christ to rise to the Gospel call; rise to live a life wholly devoted to Christ; rise in loving those who seem to be unlovable (Matt. 5:44); rise to stand firm in the faith (1 Corinth. 16:13); rise to a resolve of keeping your eyes fixed upon the Author and Perfector of our faith (Heb 12:2), Christ Jesus our Lord. And rise to be persecuted if that should be the Lord’s will (2 Timothy 3:12; 1 Peter 3:17).

To those who have perverted the Gospel by means of ‘cheap grace’, a false prosperity, and a message devoid of the full truth of God’s Word against all sin:

I hope your encouraged to come to reckon with your sins with the Almighty God of the universe through the power of the Cross of the Lord Jesus Christ and His saving Gospel before it’s too late. You see, for those who have tasted the goodness of the Word of God and have fallen away cannot be restored to repentance (Hebrews 6:4-6). Could you be such a person? Are you one who slanders the Lord by a false witness and an ongoing lifestyle of willful sin by which you will fall into the just hands of judgment of Almighty God? (Hebrews 10:26-31)

To those of you who disregard and/or despise Christianity:

Please do not credit to me, and more so do not credit to biblical Christianity nor the Lord Jesus Christ, those who pompously declare they are Christians while slandering, labeling and defaming people with harsh words of ignorance, void of godly love, and hateful in their actions. Most of the said above know not the power of the Gospel themselves and are poor representations of Christianity. Please remember, no one is perfect this side of eternity. Please search the scriptures, run to the Lord of mercy, the Savior of the world. For a day is drawing near when true grace, forgiveness and healing will forever be removed.

I announce to you this day, I step out of the closet.

For it is now time to stand for the true God, the Father of our Lord and Savior, Jesus The Christ.

Sincerely,

Jeremy B. Strang
Christian. Husband. Father. Author.
Realities of a True Christian
http://jeremybstrang.com/2014/03/24/i-am-stepping-out-of-the-closet-controversial/

2014/3/24 0:01Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: I am Stepping out of the Closet

Jeremy, how I would hope your post will spark a move among men who will stand together against the throngs of men who will pervert, distract people from the living God who redeems all who wish to be redeemed.

You have a fortunate wife and children.

God bless but always be aware the devil is out there patiently waiting for you to relax and at a weak moment side track you. You can count on it.

ginnyrose

2014/3/24 0:39Profile
jstrang

Owasso, OK

Re:

Amen sister. I would love to see rise of men standing firm for Christ, in the love of Christ, and for the glory of God. Oh that men would lay down their mental theology and live for Christ in piety with a desire to be holy. Oh let lift up holy hands and lives of truth.

bro jeremy

2014/3/24 10:27Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Great Post! Glory be to God and to him alone!

2014/3/24 10:50Profile
jstrang

Owasso, OK

Re:

Brother Bill, Amen! All glory be unto our God and may we be desiring to be more holy and more full of His love!
Blessings,
bro jer

2014/3/24 15:45Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy