SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : THE SLEEPING COMPLACENT WESTERN CHURCH

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 THE SLEEPING COMPLACENT WESTERN CHURCH

“Before I travelled to the West I had absolutely no idea that so many churches were spiritually asleep. I presumed the Western church was strong and vibrant because it had brought the gospel to my country with such incredible faith and tenacity. Many missionaries had shown a powerful example to us by laying down their lives for the sake of Jesus.

On some occasions I’ve struggled while speaking in Western churches. There seems to be something missing that leaves me feeling terrible inside. Many meetings are cold and lack the fire and presence of God that we have in China.
In the West many Christians have an abundance of material possessions, yet they live in a backslidden state. They have silver and gold, but they don’t rise up and walk in Jesus’ name. In China we have no possessions to hold us down, so there’s nothing preventing us from moving out for the Lord.

…It’s almost impossible for the church in China to go to sleep in its present situation. There’s always something to keep us on the run, and it’s very difficult to sleep while you’re running. If persecution stops, I fear we’ll become complacent and fall asleep. (emphasis added)”

read more: http://www.gospelfellowships.net/brother-yun-and-the-sleeping-western-church/

2014/3/23 1:58Profile

Re: THE SLEEPING COMPLACENT WESTERN CHURCH

Rom_11:8 (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear;) unto this day.

2014/3/23 2:40

Re: THE SLEEPING COMPLACENT WESTERN CHURCH

Well timed, Good Word.

Yesterday morning before dawn, I had done my Devotional Reading , and then I had a wee read in Woolsey's biography of Duncan Campbell and the Hebrides revival.

...and it just hit me, where had my hunger, thirst and fire for Revival gone?

and then God said to me...."worry about your personal revival FIRST"...."where's that first love? Two hour prayer sessions?...holiness? paying mind to the least of these?".....

among many other personal rejoinders and rebukes from the Throne.

Oh it was a terrible day, i was undone, because i LONG to see a Heaven sent Revival in Vernon, Richland and Crawford Counties in Wisconsin.

But The Father, The LORD of Hosts, was saying to me, "what have YOU done to that end?"

"Got prayer partners yet?"

no.

"Living as holy as a saved sinner can live?"

no.

"Worried about the non-essentials, while giving short shrift to the Essentials....like Waiting on Me, the Lord your God?"

yes.

It was a Terrible day....the only Hope i have is that Jesus will NOT let me go.....and how do i know this?

That i can still feel Holy Ghost CONVICTION!....and MOURN over such a state, a profitless state, and beg for the strength to "clean out the temple", beg for the endurance to seek, once again, personal revival....the Baptism of the Holy Ghost..

If i beg God to come down and saturate Vernon, Richland and Crawford Counties in Wisconsin with a True and Real Revival, sweeping many many dear souls into the Kingdom of God, i must have "clean hands" (Psalm 24)....or its all just humbug.

Laid low, chastened, humbled and broken, neil

2014/3/23 7:25

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy