SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Did King David lose his salvation when he sinned?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Did King David lose his salvation when he sinned?

Now I will not attempt to answer this question because whatever the true answer is, it just does not apply to anyone living under the New Covenant. It is impossible to compare anyone who was living under the Old Covenant to anyone one living under the New Covenant.

Under the Old Covenant, God commanded mankind to walk in all of God's His ways, and to love Him, and to serve the LORD God with all their heart and with all their soul.

Under the New Covenant, God gave mankind this required love.
Deuteronomy 30:6, "And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live."

Under the Old, God demanded perfect obedience.

Under the New, He provides this obedience.

Ezek. 36:25-27, "Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. A New heart also will I give you, and a New spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them."

Under the Old God demanded a New heart.

Under the New, God gives a New heart.

Under the Old, God demanded mankind to be Holy and Righteous.

Under the New, Christ made men Holy and Righteous.

Under the Old, sin was only covered but the person was never free of guilt or shame.

Under the New, Christ removes all sin and men are cleansed and made perfect by His Blood.

Under the Old, the Holy Spirit would come and go.

Under the New, the person of the Holy Spirit is a constant and permanent abiding presence within us.

Under the New, we have Christ Himself actually living and dwelling inside us with His sworn oath that He will NEVER leave us or forsake us under any condition!

The New Covenant is a New a living way that is far superior to the Old.
The Old could never make man truly righteous, Holy, Perfect or a New Creation.

The truth is, that God never intended the Old Covenant to do that.

Only Christ Himself has done this for us.

Let us embrace and enjoy Him on a daily basis.

I could go on and to show the differences between the old and the New Covenant but this should be sufficient for now.

2014/3/21 12:51
makrothumia

Texas

Re: Did King David lose his salvation when he sinned?

The problem with the Old Covenant was "the people".

The Beauty of the New Covenant is that "what the Law could not do weak as it was through the flesh, God did, in sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin, He condemned sin in the flesh. IN ORDER THAT the righteousness of the Law might be FULFILLED in us who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit."

Where sin once reigned in death, making us prisoners of corruption because we yielded our members unto uncleanness and lawlessness, NOW grace reigns in righteousness in all who present themselves as liberated bond slaves of righteousness unto sanctification and the end is eternal life.

Christ in us, the hope of glory, empowers us to walk in all the righteousness of the Law that we were formerly unable to walk in because of indwelling sin. That proves His power for His ministry actually makes His people righteous, leading us to our heavenly Jerusalem, the city of the spirits of righteous men made perfect.

Through the obedience of the ONE MAN, we have been completely re-constituted as righteous men. In the very same way indwelling sin made us practicing sinners, His indwelling righteousness enables us to do what is right. Adam's sin made us constitutionally sinful. Christ's obedience makes us constitutionally obedient.

The true greatness of the New Covenant is that with Christ dwelling in us God can actually show Himself holy through His people by our good works that He is in us both to will and to do.

This is why Christ has the permanent priesthood after the order of Melchezedek - KING of RIGHTEOUSNESS and KING OF PEACE. He is priest by the power of His indestructible life and therefore He is able to save us to the uttermost. He has redeemed a people that He is purifying from all lawlessness and making us zealous of good works.

In the Old Covenant there was forgiveness and atonement for sins, but only through the continual offering of annual sacrifices that were mere reminders of sin, never able to clear the conscious of the worshipper.

How much more will the blood of Christ cleanse our consciences of dead works. In the New Covenant we are not only forgiven of sin, and given the righteousness of Christ; we are indwelt by Christ Himself and empowered to actually BECOME HOLY as He is holy in ALL our conduct.

Thanks for stimulating us to remember HOW GREAT a salvation we have in CHRIST.

makrothumia

2014/3/21 13:44Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy