SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : King James or newer translations

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

King James or newer translations

I plan on getting a new study Bible for my birthday and I was looking to get a New American Standard and I have always used the King James Bible, but i have been pretty open to the newer translations and started to look up information on these newer translations like the NASB and ESV. Their was a site that showed some of the verses that are in the King James and not in the New American Standard. For me i was shocked because the words that were not in their were not just non important words, but actually affected doctrine. I just wanted to know what others opinions on this are, but for me i think it is safe that i stick to the king james or anything that uses the majority text. But, anyways any insight on this to help me out would be great.

2014/3/20 12:22

Re: King James or newer translations

You can start here in order to make up your own mind.

http://av1611.com/kjbp/articles/freeman-doctrines1.html

You can read the preface or bypass it and go straight to MATTHEW in bold letters if you want to get into the "meat of things".

Bible4life, this forum is not a good place to ask questions about the KJV.

2014/3/20 12:35
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

I would caution brethren on a strong KJV only position. Our language is changing MUCH from where it has been. So the need for a more contemporary edition such as NKJV is important.

I would say it is much more important to be obeying the Scriptures then having pride in what one would consider the closest to the original.

the KJV does add references such as CHRIST and LORD where in the original they are not there.

Many argue the opposite that the modern translations take out these references.

I personally have used NIV as well as NKJV mostly.

2014/3/20 15:21Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re: King James or newer translations

I use an electronic bible on my phone almost entirely now, but I hand a cool parallel bible with four versions aside by side that I used to use. it is a great way to compare as you read. For a new believer, I would suggest something like esv or nasb, or perhaps even better a new kjv. If you are worried about wording being left out of the newer translations, you can probably find out why this was the case of it would ease your mind. sometimes it had to do with which original manuscript they based their translation on. There are some differences and there is legitimacy to Both sides of the argument over which is best. If the translation is a good one such as esv or nasb or kjv or nkjv, the differences should not amount to doctrinal issues, since doctrine should not rest on one verse alone.

2014/3/20 17:00Profile

Re:

I probably should not have posted this, I was trying to post some things on my mind that i was looking into. I do apologize.

2014/3/21 0:41

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy