SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Broken and Contrite heart

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Broken and Contrite heart

Humbling oneself before God is a primary condition for becoming renewed and receiving God’s grace. It involves
believing that God’s judgments toward us are right and just, in accordance with what we deserve knowing that we, without
his grace are captives to sin and evil, and that we are dependent on him for all good having a contrite heart before God
because of our spiritually poor condition fearing God’s word with deep sincerity. 1 Cor 1:4 I always thank God for you because of his grace given you in Christ.
He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins. 1 John 2:12 I write to you, dear children, because your sins have been forgiven ….” On account of his Name.
God will not turn away a broken and contrite heart that is full of remorse for sin and heavy with grief because of his sin. When our self-seeking, proud attitude is brought low and we cry to God for his forgiving grace, we can be sure that we will be accepted by him. Psalms 51:17 The sacrifices of God are a broken Spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise.
Isaiah 57:15 I live in a high and holy place, but also with him who is contrite and lowly in Spirit to Revive the Spirit of the lowly and to Revive the heart of the contrite.
God who lives in a high and holy place promises to dwell with those who are contrite and lowly in Spirit “ Contrite “ “ Crushed “ refers to those who are brokenhearted because of their own sinfulness or the enemy’s oppression and who cry out to God for deliverance. “ Lowly in Spirit “ refers to those who are humble or bowed down by adversity God responds to the cry of such people in order to Revive them with the Light and life of his Presence. Psalms 85:4 Restore us again O God our Savior and put away your displeasure toward us. Psalms 85:6 Will you not revive us again, that your people may rejoice in you? Spiritual life are dependent on God imparting to us his mercy and forgiveness.

2014/3/19 21:33

Re: Broken and Contrite heart

A song we used to sing in the 1970's expressed this so well:

The sacrifices of a broken heart
A humble heart, a contrite heart
Are pleasing, acceptable to You, O my God
Of such you will not despise.

In my own life, after walking many years with God, pride and sin come back and I've veered off course. But when I broke down and admitted my sin and sorrow engulfed me He has always been so merciful, so forgiving and the gratitude I have for that mercy and restoration can never be denied.

This is why I have been so appalled at the hyper-grace teachings that negate humility and repentance.
Thank you for your post.
L

2014/3/19 23:30

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy