SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Must we have novel length cut and pastes?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
mama27

Re:

I personally like the fact that I might see a lengthy article on here of a topic that interests me - it is the same to me as someone recommending a sermon which might require 45 mins. - 1 hour to listen to. I fail to see what is the problem as you don't have to read it. It's nice to at least have an offering of some "meat" in this age we live in. Maybe though, I am missing the point here...

2014/3/16 10:11Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Links would probably be better, that way it don't wear out my scroll wheel on my mouse every two weeks. :) Could cutting and pasting someone work be a copyright violation? Or maybe Plagiarism.

All of the following are considered plagiarism:

Turning in someone else's work as your own.

Copying words or ideas from someone else without giving credit.

Copying so many words or ideas from a source that it makes up the majority of your work, whether you give credit or not.

2014/3/16 10:16Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Quote:
" I fail to see what is the problem as you don't have to read it. It's nice to at least have an offering of some "meat" in this age we live in. Maybe though, I am missing the point here..."

Again, long articles are fine in the right context- like in the "Articles and Sermons" section of the forum.

But when we are having a discussion about a certain issue, it is very distracting when very long and sometimes very technical excerpts from some third party's works are used to make an argument as opposed to the poster just stating what they think or believe. The person you are discussing with expects you to interact with the quoted article, not him or her, which of course would require that you read it. In fact I believe that sometimes a very long article is quoted in order to actually staunch further discussion, as if a person means to say "take that." I would rather interact with another poster as opposed to a quoted article. That's all.

Bear- I personally really like your posts, whether i happen to agree or not. That is because you plainly state what you believe and I have never thought that you have just "rambled on."

2014/3/16 12:29Profile
mama27

Re:

Ok, TMK, I think I get it now. You are not opposed to the long articles if they are put in the articles and sermons section. It is in the context of a discussion of a particular point that you don't want to have to read thru a lengthy article to respond to a person...I think I understand now. I couldn't for the life of me understand why you wouldn't want to see meaty articles on this site....thanks for the clarification.

2014/3/16 13:56Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy