SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Subject of healing

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
proudpapa

Re:

As always Scripturally spot on Travis!

I have not read it yet, but has any one read A.B Simpsons writings on healing ? For those whom have what where your thoughts ?

2014/3/15 12:06Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

"It is also obvious to me that Christ's atonement included physical healing as witnessed by Isaiah 53 and Matthew 8. Jesus also said that He Came to do the will of the Father and proceeded to heal "all that were sick".

So I believe healing is for all, but we cannot, obviously, continue to be healed in perpetuity our else we would never die. There is no conflict here, just reality. Healing is for all, yet healing will not prevent the sentence of death.

But we also know that whatever we receive from God is received by faith."

There are many Christians that reject what the "faith teachers" are teaching concerning healing, so they have developed the unscriptural belief that it doesn't require faith to be healed. Yet even Jesus could not heal many in a certain city because of the unbelief of the people.

Many Christians are not being healed because they are basing what they believe concerning healing on their own experience and what their denomination is teaching them. If a Christian believes that healing is not for today, then it will be done unto him according to his faith. When you fill your heart and your mouth with the Word of God concerning healing then you will have faith to be healed.

There are many reasons why Christians are not being healed, but God is indeed sovereign, so we cannot assume as to why some Christians are not being healed even though they seem to be believing God for their healing.

Healing is not only in the atonement, but gifts of healing have been given to the Church. The sick are instructed to call for the elders of the Church so that they can receive healing. There is a reason why the Word of God says that believers shall lay hands on the sick and they shall recover.

I will bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me. He forgives me for all of my iniquities, and heals me of all of my diseases.

Mike

2014/3/15 15:38Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

I have not read it yet, but has any one read A.B Simpsons writings on healing ? For those whom have what where your thoughts ?

The Gospel of Healing - A. B. Simpson
https://archive.org/details/TheGospelOfHealing

2014/3/15 16:03Profile
psalm1

Re: Would anyone agree with this scenario?

"Other times God will instill faith into a persons heart to believe for their healing or even someone else's healing and it will happen. But then in other cases it doesn't happen and we just don't know why."

james 5 ;14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:

15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

Luke 11;10 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

11 If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent?

12 Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion?

13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

.......so I am GUARANTEED healing.It is a benefit of belonging to God.If I remain infirmed,something is wrong.
Really,really wrong.So I must,as Wigglesworth showcased,find out,throught the HS what the roadblock is,and crush it.

Since peter(full of the HS) could say so boldly,without any reserve the prayer of faith shall save the sick,and heal them,......what is the "problem" today?

It is none other that inemic christians,walking not in power,but a belief that somehow (the grasshopper report)we are up against an enemy that is overpowering.
Logic replaces faith.The intimidation of the enemy that somehow God just does not,bless his heart,see that HE really did not defeat the power of the enemy.

I can boldly tell you there is NEVER a time when we pray for the sick (properly) that that thing from hell is not routed,removed,and defeated.....EVERY SINGLE TIME!!!!

WE do not know what faith is.

Faith says "when I pray,the enemy from hell,sickness,WILL LEAVE. Healing WILL come,and my God Jesus will get the glory"
The possibility that the sickness stays is not even part of the equation.THAT IS WHY PETER COULD SAY WHAT HE DID!!!!!

IOW WE ARE THE PROBLEM....ALL OF US.
Jesus said he came to "destroy the work of the enemy"
IOW the work is FINISHED and he left it up to us to enforce the completed job.
Jesus would indicate the sick,demon infested,drug addicted,fatherless children,prematurely dead, dismembered multitudes,etc.Then turn to us and ask the question

why are you allowing this????

2014/3/16 14:33Profile

Re:

James 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

There is precedence for sickness and disease from the hand of the Lord.

Jer 2:29-30 Wherefore will ye plead with me? ye all have transgressed against me, saith the LORD. In vain have I smitten your children; they received no correction: your own sword hath devoured your prophets, like a destroying lion.

1Co 11:27-31 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body. For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep. For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.

Heb 12:5 And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:

Rev 3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

Making the "Word work for us" and "name it and claim it", is actually lawlessness if we are trying to make things comfortable for ourselves in the physical realm, while ignoring the voice of God to come clean and repent in the spiritual realm.

2014/3/16 15:14
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re: amen!

I have prayed for people to be healed, and have not seen the result I had hoped for. But I will say without eqivocation that the problem is on my end, not His!

When Jesus was asked for healing, I cannot recall the verse where He said, "No, not you, not today."

The character of God is not ambivalent, not capricious, not subject to mood swings, not in violation of the words of James- "For him who knoweth to do good and doeth it not, to him it is sin."

So I will continue to pray for healing according to the will and promises of God, will seek to live as a righteous man whose prayers avail much, and seek to exercise my faith to strengthen it to the challenges.

And keep my heart filled with a desire to see the will of God accomplished in those with whom he has me to do.

Jesus had his down days too, as is the testimony of Mark Six. It didn't keep Him from seeking places and people who had active faith, and didn't prevent Him from praying for the next one!

2014/3/16 15:15Profile
a-servant

Re:

Quote: "When Jesus was asked for healing, I cannot recall the verse where He said, "No, not you, not today."

Lovely. I agree, the problem in our days is we cannot differentiate between true faith and movements like WOF and the prosperity - wellness groups.

So again, the problem is on our side. Why spend time with fakes of corrupted theology while you could be focusing on the original as described by the scriptures only? Like a commentator busy with analysing the counterfeits, yet remaining unconvinced regarding the validity of Jesus promises for us, today.

The problem here is unsufficient ability to differentiate and unsufficient faith to believe Jesus.

2014/3/16 20:35Profile
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re: word of faith

One thing that marks the healings of Jesus is the absence of the formula. He did what He saw the Father doing, and apparently the Father was doing a lot of different things!

I am with the guy who cried out, "I believe, help my unbelief!"

My experience with "Word of Faith" people is arrogance followed by logical excuses. I am more interested in humility followed by power, and more humility.

2014/3/16 23:29Profile

Re:

The Lord treats everyone on an individual basis and always works in relationship mode with us. He is not a Santa Claus that brings gifts once a year. He walks with us, rejoices with us and suffers with us. My heart and its motivations and desires are totally unique and different from yours and God knows how to get what He wants from each one of us. And what does He want? He wants to see the character of His Son in us. He wants to conform us to Christ. He wants a Bride that is just right for His Son. So, He may choose to let me go my whole life without a physical healing that I want just to bring me to a place I need to be. Can we submit to His loving hand and allow Him to prepare us for His Son? Do I want Him more than something physical? And it can't be talk, it must be in demonstration. He knows if what we are doing is from our heart or not.

God is Who He is and will do what He does and will never bow to mantras, formulas or even be held hostage by our holding up His word in His face. Will you still love Him and be faithful, if you don't get your healing (or whatever it is you are seeking). It really doesn't matter what it is we are seeking, does it? Healing can be an idol, too?

No one in the Kingdom is a second class citizen but I have seen many who preach the so-called "Gospel of Healing" and make others feel inferior. There is the Gospel of Christ, the Gospel of God, the Gospel of Peace and the Gospel of Grace, but I have not seen the term, Gospel of Healing. I do know one thing, though, there is the good news of spiritual healing. (Isa 61:1-3).

It is enough to know that Jesus is the same, yesterday, today and forever and yes, without faith it is impossible to please Him, but don't get discouraged if you think you are exhibiting faith and you don't get healed. Many don't get healed and then show no faithfulness, so did they really have true faith? Faith is only true faith if you endure to the end, not if you are able to get a healing and then don't return to Christ as 9 out of 10 lepers did not do. Only one returned to Christ. There is no such thing that binds God to heal us if we show faith. But, many are discouraged today because they are taught that if you have faith you will get healed, but if you don't get healed then you must not have enough faith. It is all just a bunch of nonsense! Where is the relationship with Jesus Christ in all of this. It is not about ME, my health, my welfare. We are bought with a price so we should glorify God in our body no matter our station in life. Give Him glory and stop looking at yourself.

Too many handle the Word of God as if it is a technical manual and when it "doesn't work", they fall away. Well, the Lord knew that didn't He? Maybe He was withholding physical healing for a reason, maybe He was after something in you deeper than a physical healing after all.

The other side of the coin is those who get physical healings then build a ministry on that experience. The easiest thing in the world is to get sheep to follow you, because too much of Christianity has accentuated and taught the physical realm and they are missing the King and the Kingdom. Sheep are very much interested in their physical realm.

2014/3/17 0:12
psalm1

Re:

"So, He may choose to let me go my whole life without a physical healing that I want just to bring me to a place I need to be. Can we submit to His loving hand and allow Him to prepare us for His Son? Do I want Him more than something physical? And it can't be talk, it must be in demonstration. He knows if what we are doing is from our heart or not. "

Man,do you have any kids?

Well,we are God's children.Would you put a disease on your kid to make a point,or to punish him?

We are guaranteed devine health.

How do you know that?
1 Peter 2:24
Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

luke 11;10 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

11 If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent?

12 Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion?

13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

2014/3/18 0:57Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy