SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : First Stepford Wives....now Stepford Christians!!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Taximan

Southampton, U.K.

First Stepford Wives....now Stepford Christians!!

I'm new to these boards, so I think I better be careful how I say this! ;-) After spending some time on another discussion board that I will not be naming, I have found myself in constant conflict concerning certain issues.

To my understanding, as Christians we should have a unity of Spirit concerning the essential core of our faith in Christ. I don't think there is any need really to break this all down. However, I sincerely believe there is much that we can agree to disagree upon in a respectful manner. In fact, what healthier and more Godly display could there be between individuals, than to hold differences of opinion on many things, and yet the cementing love of Christ between them remain completely intact?

I have been flamed by what seems like whole communities in recent times for daring to hold a differing opinion to the majority. :-o Whilst my belief in the Salvation that Christ offers us by Grace, and all the basics of the Christian faith, are bog standard. My thoughts about warfare, politics, carrying of firearms, overt patriotism etc., are maybe different in many ways.

It would be so refreshing to me to hear from people with their own thoughts and ideas. To be able to discuss differences of opinion about touchy subjects without full scale war breaking out! :-( And to not be made to feel that I am going to hell if I don't fit the mould!

Don't get me wrong, I have come across some lovely brothers and sisters along the way, in fact your very own KrispyKritter is one I could mention! :-P
However in my minds eye I have a picture of lots of robotic Christians, all looking the same, speaking like C3PO, and holding a Bible in their right hand, and a Colt 45 in their right. Oh yeah....and each one giving their bedside picture of ol' Gee Dubya a kiss, and pulling their star spangled quilt up before going to sleep! :-D

Okay, okay....maybe that's a slight exaggeration! And I'm sure many Americans have some obscure pictures in their minds about us Limeys, but am I making any sense at all here?

If I wanted to be a robot the same as everyone else, I'd become a Muslim!

God bless,

John (aka Taximan) :-?

p.s. I'll just take my tongue outta my cheek and stick my tin hat on okay?...won't be a sec!

2005/4/7 23:29Profile
Compton

Re: First Stepford Wives....now Stepford Christians!!

Quote:
holding a Bible in their right hand, and a Colt 45 in their right. Oh yeah....and each one giving their bedside picture of ol' Gee Dubya a kiss, and pulling their star spangled quilt up before going to sleep!

Uncanny...Have we met before?

MC

2005/4/7 23:42Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Quote:
It would be so refreshing to me to hear from people with their own thoughts and ideas. To be able to discuss differences of opinion about touchy subjects without full scale war breaking out! And to not be made to feel that I am going to hell if I don't fit the mould

:P lol hope you can pull that off...kidding. One thing is for sure though, you will run into opposition at some point from someone, maybe even very stiff opposition backed by all kinds of bible quotes or strong arguements. either way God will minister to you according to His will and purpose for your life and it may not always line up with the general consensus. As long as it is God teaching you, it's all good.

Quote:
However in my minds eye I have a picture of lots of robotic Christians, all looking the same, speaking like C3PO, and holding a Bible in their right hand, and a Colt 45 in their right. Oh yeah....and each one giving their bedside picture of ol' Gee Dubya a kiss, and pulling their star spangled quilt up before going to sleep!

lol dubya...not a big fan of him...but he is who God chose to run this country at this time.

2005/4/7 23:50Profile

I always thought that Jimmy Carter was the real born-again president, but Johnny old man, I promised that my days of opinion were over, and I resolve to know only Jesus Christ and Him crucified.

Please don't make me have to come to your defense, and say "amen".

On a serious note, the Holy Spirit that lives IN me, the Jesus that lives IN me, loathes everything that is of death, and murder and killing, and loves everything that is of LIFE and love and beauty and Truth.

2005/4/7 23:56
markm

Re:

heh.. when I read John's post I thought to my self, I bet he'd get along with Neilgin1 quite well... :)

2005/4/8 3:31Profile
Taximan

Southampton, U.K.

Re:

Thanks for the response you guys. I hope you realise that I don't disagree with the majority I talked about on everything, or for that fact on most things. I just wanted to see what the general "atmosphere" was like around here. ;-)

I must admit that I've been coming to this site for about a year now, and I've always thought it a great place to visit. You guys have just proved my initial assessment of the place to be right, so thanks and I look forward to a good ol' chinwag soon! :-D

God bless,

John. 8-)

2005/4/8 6:44Profile
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re: Don't shoot

Without having said much on the forum, are you preparing us for war? When some folk talk on here standard issue uniform is a kevlar helmet and a good grasp of the word. :-)

p.s. Don't know if tin will work to well?
:-?

2005/4/8 8:47Profile
Taximan

Southampton, U.K.

Re:

Hey Zeke!

In the words of Wacko himself....I'm a lover not a fighter!...lol :-P

I ain't planning on upsetting people, or anything of the sort dude. I was just trying to get to know you guys a bit better that's all. :-D

Don't know if I have a kevlar helmet....my old nan knitted me a multi-colour balaclava, will that do the job?...heheehee!!

God bless,

John. :-P

2005/4/8 17:20Profile
TyroneJ85

Taximan, i understand a lot from were your coming from, and totally agree that in the Christian world we aer taught to do things and say things and go into this complete mold that others have fallen into and we lose a lot of our "indivualism" as we become robot christians. I take Pauls advice as he says everything is permisable, but not benefical, ya know? Being a christian we have complete freedom over everything, but as u well know that doesn't mean we can live any way we want to, lol, thats pretty silly c/ Christ did set the example out for us! There are definatly issues at hand in the church that frightens people away from it c/ of there lack of acceptance unless one follows certain criteria. I do think there is a new movment heading about in the church though, and it is exciting to see how the youth of today, youth like 15-28, are changing the scene! The Lord is good His love endures for ever!

2005/4/12 13:15Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Quote:
and holding a Bible in their right hand, and a Colt 45 in their right.

How many right hands do Christians have in Southampton? :-? I have been picturing them and wondering how useful two right hands would be. I presume for them to be connected to the body one must be on the left side but pointing backwards. I think that would make life difficult for a preacher. You could hold your Bible in the first right hand but when you wanted to point to a member of the congregation you would have to turn your back on them... then how would you know who you were pointing to. On balance I'm not sure which is the most weird 'Stepford Christians' or people with two right hands? ;-)

2005/4/12 13:42Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy