SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Running the Race

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Running the Race

However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me- the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace. Acts 20:24 Paul's main concern was not preserving his own life; what counted most was that he might finish the ministry to which God had called him. Wherever it ended, even if in the sacrifice of his life, he would finish his course with joy and the prayer that Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. For Paul, life and service for Christ is represented as a race that one must run with absolute faithfulness to his Lord. When David had served God's purpose in his own generation he fell asleep Acts 13:36 Are we willing to serve God's purpose running the race He has laid out for us completing the task of the Lord. Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who completes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others I myself will not be disqualified for the prize. 1 Cor 9: 24-27 Paul illustrates the principle to exercise self-control, and self-denial. May the Lord stand at my side and give me strength, so that I will be able to say. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Therefore since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnessed, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Hebrews 12:1 The race must be run with " perseverance" with patience and endurance pressing on to the finish line, throwing off the sin that so easily entangles us and fixing our eyes on Jesus.

2014/3/10 23:07
ET101

Re: Running the Race

Amen!

2014/3/11 12:40Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy