Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : When the Godly Fall by Keith Daniel

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
proudpapa

When the Godly Fall by Keith Daniel

With all of the scandles and accusations going on, my heart is heavy, and I am reminded of this sermon by brother Keith, I plan on listening to it again tonight.

I would highly recommend this sermon

http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=8195&commentView=itemComments

2014/3/7 23:56Profile
Beige

Re: When the Godly Fall by Keith Daniel

Thank you Proudpapa!

1Co 12:26 And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.

Rom 5:20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:

The enemy of the church has assaulted us once again and desires to break apart the bonds of godly fellowship. I pray God will once again protect His church and raise up the the godly men and women who will bear His standard. And does not even the battle itself bear witness that the word of God is true?

Isa 59:19 So shall they fear the name of the LORD from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him.

Which one amongst us is going to be able to look into the eyes of King David in the resurrection and blaspheme him as to his sins of adultery and murder? God has restored David and David's rewards are many.

I, for one am going to be praying, repenting of my sins and the sins of the entire church -- asking God to heal our land.

Thank you for your leadership Greg and thank you again Proud Papa!

2014/3/8 8:25Profile
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re:

It is a blessing indeed to have meat like this in due season. Thank-you for reminding us of this blessed sermon :)

2014/3/8 9:10Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
It is a blessing indeed to have meat like this in due season. Thank-you for reminding us of this blessed sermon :)

Amen. I've listened to this sermon years ago, and remember how powerfully it resonated with me.

One secret I've learned with walking with God is that if you are merciful toward brothers and sisters who've fallen (that is, if you do not go about broadcasting their sin, or helping "expose" it, but instead pray that God would be compassionate toward them and merciful in restoration), you will find the same measure of compassion and mercy meted out toward you when you fall. God will not expose your private sin in the public sector, but give you room to repent and be restored behind the closed door and thus preserve your witness before men.

When a godly person falls, we must always keep in mind the only reson we know of it is because God has chosen to expose the sin publically. At that moment, we too are bing tested. Will we help God expose the fallen brother or sister? If so, we are hypocrites. For we are also guilty in the hidden place of the heart of what this brother and sister has been manifestly exposed. God tests us in these moments, to measure our own humility. If we jump on the bandwagen to blow trumpets of accusation, it shows how we have forgotten how God has cleansed of our former sins. A godly person who falls is still godly; that is, a son or daughter of God. Those of us who are parents, when our sons and daughters fail, do we also blow public trumpets to help expose their shame?

Why would we do it to God's children, then - who also are our brothers and sisters - to elicit the humiliation from the godless world? Satan has enough resources without us coming to his aid.

2014/3/8 11:40Profile
Beige

Re:

I am reminded of something a godly man or woman once said. I cannot remember that saint's name, but below is the quote as best I am able to paraphrase it:

"The church is not a place to salute the saints, but rather it is a hospital for sinners."

We must remember what Jesus announced as to what his ministry would consist of:

Luk 4:17 And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,
Luk 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,
Luk 4:19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
Luk 4:20 And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.
Luk 4:21 And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.

I have seen much sin exposed in the church recently through and around the tragic events of those that have fallen. I am praying that the church body and the members therein will find shelter in that hospital for sinners, cry out to God in repentance and plead for healing for the fallen -- which really is us all.

Joh 8:4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.
Joh 8:5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?
Joh 8:6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.
Joh 8:7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

2014/3/8 20:43Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy