SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Is Sermon Index Forbidding the Examination of Teachings? Please clarify.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread

Re:

Hi brother Just-in,
My post was a general post aimed at us all. I don't believe brother Greg makes these decisions lightly. While you and I are frothing at the mouth of alleged injustices it is brother Gregs role to ensure that this website does not turn into a cesspool where all of us angry watchman can vent and fix everybody. Because thats what we do...we fix everything that is wrong in the world from the safe confines of our computer keyboards:)

BTW, I am tracking with you pretty much on everything you write, which is always an encouragement to me and I think you are 100% correct in saying that, "I think this is the best way to do things. Preach and teach the truth, and let God take care of individuals."

I also agree that there is nothing wrong in posting if there are bad things that have happened, only that we might pray and remember how frail and "sinful" all of us are.

I think if you have issue with BG or KP's teachings, why not post something that corrects those things where they may lack understanding. No man has a monopoly on Truth. I don't think there is anything wrong with sharing from the Light God has given us as long as we do it with a spirit of love and humility. I have read 1 star book reviews on Amazon that refute an author with much bile and contention and I have also read 1 star reviews full of grace.

Dave Hunt would be a good example of someone who was gifted to bring correction but with incredible humility and grace. I pray that the Lord might change me to become more like that as I grow older.

2014/3/10 2:23
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
just-in

Hi Bill,

I just wanted to say that it's not opinions sprinkled in messages that are concerning. It is theology created from twisting Scripture and that can be seriously harmful to individuals and families.

It's early and I am on my first cup of coffee, but don't opinions have to somewhat come into play, to twist scripture?

2014/3/10 9:41Profile

Re:

I'm working in my first cup, too.

I was thinking along the lines of a whole slew of opinions that actually create a complete theology and system if thought such as Authority and Submiission.

2014/3/10 10:01
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

We are going to ahead and locking this thread. The have a thread that is questioning SermonIndex, Moderators and the authority here is "not healthy" especially for younger brethren who are learning to trust and respect servant leaders and authority in the Lord.

Your point is taken but also we trust you understand our clear point that if you are not willing to listen to the moderators at all then perhaps this will not be healthy place for you to post.

this thread is locked.

2014/3/10 15:16Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy