SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : REMOVING THE CANDLESTICK by David Wilkerson

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 REMOVING THE CANDLESTICK by David Wilkerson

In Revelation 2:5, Christ gives us a word that lets us know we had better take heed. He says, “Repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick.”

Jesus is saying here that unless we repent, He is going to remove all the spiritual authority we have been given. This includes our impact on our city, our community, our neighborhood, those anywhere in our sphere of influence. Every bit of influence we have will be taken from us.

Right now, churches across the world are shutting their doors. Their lights are literally being turned out because that is the judgment they incur for refusing to repent. God said they would lose their discernment, their spiritual blessings, their finances, His very presence. Now they are dead, lifeless, with only memories of His past blessings.

I preached in many such churches thirty years ago. At that time they were packed with zealous believers while today barely a few dozen people sit in their pews. Soon they will dwindle to nothing and their doors will shut for good. God has written “Ichabod” over their doors, which means, “The Spirit of the Lord has departed!”

Yet, beloved, God gives this same message to every Christian individually. He says, “If you refuse to repent—if you remain in your apathy—I will remove your lampstand. You will no longer have any influence over your family, your coworkers—or anyone!”

Even as we read these words, we are not to fear. Jesus ends His admonition to us this way: “To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God” (Revelation 2:7). Dear saint, Jesus is that tree! He is telling us, “If you will repent, I will give you constant life from My very being. And as long as you continue to love Me, I will provide a flow of supernatural life in you. This life will be revealed in your discernment, your love for people, your good works for My kingdom!” This is the trait that distinguishes every Christian who is truly in love with Jesus.

Jesus promises that your godly sorrow, your repentant heart and your renewed love for Him will lead you to life. So, pray to Him right now: “Lord, give me a truly repentant heart. Take me back to who I was when I was first in love with You. Yet, this time take me deeper in You than I have ever been before.”

As you repent, God’s Spirit will begin to produce in you a new revelation of the glory of Christ and He will make it known to everyone around you!

2014/3/7 8:47Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy