SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : MODERATOR NOTICE: Political Conspiracy Assumptions are not welcome on SermonIndex

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 MODERATOR NOTICE: Political Conspiracy Assumptions are not welcome on SermonIndex

Brethren,

I want to make it VERY CLEAR to all who use and post on this website that we are not going to allow or promote any articles, media links or allusions to political conspiracies (whether they are partly true or not). We simply cannot endorse and allow an avenue for these things to be propagated on SermonIndex. Due to the volatile nature of these discussions as well as tendency to speak "evil" of national leaders, we are going to strictly ask saints not to discuss these things in "any" measure on the forums.

Can we have discussions in a humble biblical way that is prayerful for the desire of the Good News to reach to nations in the midst of moral upheavel? Yes. But sadly many have found it impossible to have a strong view towards the true goal of the Church in seeing the Gospel reach souls. Instead some have sought to try and argue and defend their individual independence and freedoms. We are sorry to alert the saints that we do "not" have a freedom from God in Jesus Christ to expect to own lands, houses, not be taxed, etc. It is rather the opposite in the Gospels and Epistles that we should expect to lose such things for the sake of Christ and not defend ourselves on this earth.

We are not restricting the freedom of any believer in Christ to express themselves but we are simply setting guidelines which we have listed here: http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=44556&forum=13 which we want to be honoured and followed on this website including respecting the moderators decisions to moderate discussions and extreme viewpoints.

Of course any believer if free to post on blogs, other forums that allow such things, and social media. We are simply saying that on SermonIndex we have a specific intent and purpose for the forums to centre around godly preaching, truth from the scriptures and discussion of current events in a prayerful humble tone with a Christian worldview that centres around the church and not nations. We want saints to express and discuss from the place of the kingdom of God and not to try to defend their nationalism on SermonIndex. We are thankful for over 200 countries that participate in the forums and this place is not a place for each saint in each nation to defend and argue for their countries well being. We must have a more eternal mindset that the Church is a separate spiritual citizenship in this world in which we are part of if we have been purchased by the blood of Christ and repented of our sins.

We ask saints respect this decision which has been voiced before by all the moderators but I am having to re-issue this in even a stronger way. May we all focus on that really matters, and see how Eternity will tell that most of the noise of the nations with tumults, frauds, injustices, debates will come to nothing. Only what is done for Christ will last. May we set our minds on things above and NOT ON THINGS OF THIS EARTH. May we have love for all men especially the elect. A political instability in any nation including America is a time to reach souls with the Gospel of Jesus Christ and minister the only un-changing person and truth that mankind can stand on. The Son of God is coming back soon all nations will cease to exist.

I personally admit perhaps not as much publicly on the forums but in my own mind and heart have been caught up at times with this "noise" of the world and have lost sight of which really matters. So please saints take this as a exhortation of one that fails also much in these areas. Let us all fix our eyes on JESUS THE AUTHOR AND PERFECTER OF OUR FAITH.

2014/3/6 19:43Profile

Re: MODERATOR NOTICE: Political Conspiracy Assumptions are not welcome on SermonIndex

That was really well stated, Greg. Thank you for helping us all focus on what is eternal and not what is passing away. Thank you for doing it with grace, mercy and understanding. We do have to be vigilant and not let all these "things" trouble us.

2014/3/6 19:51

Re: MODERATOR NOTICE: Political Conspiracy Assumptions are not welcome on SermonIndex

dear brother Greg, you wont get any argument out of me, and rest assured I posted that article from Dr. Roberts with MUCH trepidation......in hindsight, maybe I shouldn't have....I DID pray before I posted.Trust me on that , dear saint.

I wouldn't use the language he did...that's probably why I put it up....not to shock or vex or disturb other saints, but I was so disturbed in soul, that a political REPUBLICAN insider would even write the last line of that piece he did.

that's what "got" you...it suddenly occurred to me....that last line...beloved brother...it "got" me too!.....excepting, in my spirit, he's right.

i'm no prophet, banish that thought, but most assuredly, it brought no joy to Jeremiah....or Isaiah to prophesy those TERRIBLE things against old kingdom Israel.

IF....men, in their darkened hearts, WANT to open silo doors, millions upon millions of dear souls will die. and if such a craven demonic act originated from the rulers of this land?....a land where we send out both missionaries AND warriors?!....oh brother Greg, that would be terrible sin.....its the lowest form of hypocrisy....which is why I was so adamant with my posts in late 2002/early 2003 about the invasion of Iraq....because foundationally it was based on a lie.....and the sadly, thru rivers of blood, I was right.

I don't write this to argue with you, not my point, nor my heart....i'm just broken bread, broken heart, grieving...have you noticed how bad relations have gotten between the American President and the Israeli PM?

these are not "normal" times, something evil and fell is in the wind. I am sorry to cause you any grief on a worldly basis, or challenge your primacy on a website you in the Lord's Grace labored over much...I DO know what it is to be in submission to leadership, and will walk in such, with humility and love, your brother, in Jesus' love, neil

2014/3/6 21:46
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

'as well as tendency to speak "evil" of national leaders'

But its ok to speak evil of christian leaders?

2014/3/7 0:01Profile
Beige

Re:

Thank you Greg and god bless you. I would very much like to contact you with a desire to ask you several questions. Might that be possible? Might you be able to email me?

2014/3/7 3:25Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Thank you to all the brethren who have responded to this or have read it. We appreciate your kind comments and desire to honour this decision. "Beige" our email is listed on this page at the bottom: http://www.sermonindex.net/contact.php

2014/3/7 9:34Profile
rainydaygirl

Re:

greg

i find this confusing that you locked the thread on Russia. as far as i could tell no one was getting ugly or mean spirited so why was it closed? i know you mentioned conspiracy theories but truthfully most news is slanted one way or another anymore. where can you really get plain news that is just facts and has no biased either way? i appreciated the thread, it helped remind me to pray for our leaders who are in the middle of difficult situations.

why do we have a current events or news sub category if you don't want people talking over news stories?? its just a bit confusing really. right now russia is at odds with the US and it could effect millions are we being asked not to speak about this at all then?
rdg

2014/3/7 15:47Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Dear sister,

we are just trying to curb discussions that lead to more nationalistic and political thinking and encourage SermonIndex to be a place where we can be more biblical minded in our responses and discussions as well as prayerful as you mentioned.

===
Of course any believer if free to post on blogs, other forums that allow such things, and social media. We are simply saying that on SermonIndex we have a specific intent and purpose for the forums to centre around godly preaching, truth from the scriptures and discussion of current events in a prayerful humble tone with a Christian worldview that centres around the church and not nations. We want saints to express and discuss from the place of the kingdom of God and not to try to defend their nationalism on SermonIndex. We are thankful for over 200 countries that participate in the forums and this place is not a place for each saint in each nation to defend and argue for their countries well being. We must have a more eternal mindset that the Church is a separate spiritual citizenship in this world in which we are part of if we have been purchased by the blood of Christ and repented of our sins.
===

I hope that is somewhat clear. We have tried to mention heated political issues over the years on SermonIndex and it has always been an area of needed moderation because of emotions and strong opinions. We again are not saying saints cannot discuss these things but are encouraging that discussion to not be on SermonIndex. We do hope we can mention some important new events and have prayerful biblical responses in the future. At this point we are not going allow any "conspiracy" or "speaking evil" of world governments in general. This WHOLE WORLD lies in the wicked one. and ALL have come against God's anointed (Psalm 2). We need to be REDEEMING THE TIME for the days are evil. And speaking the Gospel to others as well as living it.

2014/3/7 16:44Profile

Shalom everyone!

I have been following the threads about Bill Gothard, Russia and Conspiracies .If we discuss current events such as Russia/Ukraine , then I think we should look at it in the light of scripture. Instead of commenting and analysing the actual event we could ask ourselves what can we learn and how can we build each other up in our faith.
Eg are we again in the days of Noah or are we again on the way to Babylon? Is God looking again for "Daniels and Danielas" ?Then we better prepare ourselves !

Something to think about: i quickly looked at "Miracles that follow the plow" and "Revival and Church History."
I counted the replies of the first 20 Topics each. Those 40 topics got about the same replies as the 3 topics about Bill Gothard, Russia, and Conspiracies.So i can see Greg,s concern and decision to lock certain threads.

Ephesians Chapter 4
11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
29 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.

Btw under "Miracles that follow the plow" you find some very serious needs for prayers!

May the LORD bless you and protect you (Num. 6:24)

Markus

2014/3/8 1:09

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy