SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Church is who we are!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

The Church is who we are!

At some point along the way, church became something we do rather than who we are. If what we do defines us rather than who we are in Christ then we cannot expect to see the power of the Holy Spirit in our lives. If, on the other hand, what we do flows from who we are in Jesus, then we can expect to see the Lord magnify Himself through His vessels…………bro Frank

2014/3/5 19:34
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: The Church is who we are!

Amen dear brother. This is a massive spiritual revelation that many are hidden from by the preaching of the Bible in a way that promotes a building as the Church instead of the very people of God as a "called out people" Gr. Ekklesia.

Some call it the sanctuary or house of God. Yet the very hearts of God's people are this house now where the Spirit of God dwells individually and more fully corporately as living stones.

Principle 7 – The People of God are the Church (pdf)
http://img.gospelfellowships.net/pdf/principle7.pdf

2014/3/5 19:40Profile

Re:

Just read in Fox News that the family will not be deported. This according to Department of Homeland Security.

Blaine

2014/3/5 21:11
MaryJane

Greetings Frank

I read your post this evening and I just had to come back and post something that was shared with me some time ago. This was from a four year old.

"A nice lady came up to us in a sandwich restaurant and said, “I saw you guys praying and I’m looking for a new church.”

This was what Tyler (4 years old) whispered to me, “The lady was asking to find a ‘People’? I don’t think she knows what a Church is.”

: ) “True story.” : )

Church is not something we do, its not a place we attend, but rather its life and together we are the body and JESUS is the HEAD! Because of who HE is in us, the world will know us because the light of HIS truth will flow from us. WE don't do church, and we don't attend church, we are CHURCH and we need to live that way daily moment by moment in HIM!!

Thank you for this post brother and all the wonderful things HE gives you to share. I won't be posting again but I do lurk from time to time and pray always.

God bless
maryjane

2014/3/5 22:28Profile

Quote:
by appolus on 2014/3/5 19:34:12

At some point along the way, church became something we do rather than who we are. If what we do defines us rather than who we are in Christ then we cannot expect to see the power of the Holy Spirit in our lives. If, on the other hand, what we do flows from who we are in Jesus, then we can expect to see the Lord magnify Himself through His vessels…………bro Frank

I would not take anything away from what you said, and only add "...who we are in Jesus and Who He is in us".

There is then no room for "performing for Jesus", if we are agreeing with and submitting to the dynamic life of Jesus functioning in us. Those who are caught up in doing works (if not authored by Christ), are either repressing His life (for some reason) or don't know it.

I think the concept of His dynamic life functioning in us has to a large extent been lost and is certainly not taught in many venues. Because many of today's churches are built on doing and performance, the Bible Colleges and Seminaries that support the mainstream church concept teach the same. The hand and the glove, fit. Bible Colleges and Seminaries are like a farm league for the professional (team) church turning out pastors that know how "to run a church".

2014/3/5 23:02

Re:

Hey sister MJ, so good to hear from you! Out of the mouths of babes sister, out of the mouth of babes!.............bro Frank

2014/3/5 23:20

Re:

HI just-in. We have told people for so long that what we do is church, where we go is church, at some point people started believing that and here we are. The dynamic life of Christ in us cannot be taught, it is either in us and must come out, or it is suppressed and stifled in the confusion.

The man or woman who has the life of Christ in them is a force of nature. He or she cannot be contained by four walls or systems of men. If we dare to follow Jesus, if we dare to look into His word and just believe what we read and simply speak the truth in love without fear or favor of man then we shall run and not grow weary, we shall walk and we will not faint, He will raise us up on eagles wings and victory shall belong and come to the overcomers.

Brothers and sisters God is moving and stirring His people. Listen , listen to Him whisper, listen to the word of God roar in our spirits. Everything we read in there is true and everything else is a lie. Let God be true and all men be liars. If God spoke it, it will come to pass, it shall come to pass, it is coming to pass. What does the word of God say the Church is, that is all we need to know and believe and trust. We have added layer after layer after layer. And now, God is stripping it all away, stripping it down, all that men added God shall remove. In order for Him to increase in us individually then we must decrease. In order for Jesus to increase in His Body then that which we call the church must decrease and decrease to the point where all we have left is Jesus. Its all about Jesus and everything else is a distraction. In this time of confusion and ever increasing darkness, this world desperately needs, and is longing to see, a manifestation of Jesus in all of His glory.

He is calling. He is calling His people. He will have us be one as He and His Father are one so that the world will know who sent Him. We will be a witness to a lost and dying world. You know why I know that? Because it is written and I believe it. I don't care what I see, I don't care that it makes no sense and the world mocks. It shall come to pass, His Body will be a witness to all the world and by the blood of the Lamb and the word of their testimony and as they stand as one as He and the Father are one, then the world will finally know, and then the end shall come. And they loved not their lives unto death and because of that, they found life eternal....bro Frank

But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. (Mat 24:13-15)

2014/3/5 23:52

Re:

Quote:
The dynamic life of Christ in us cannot be taught, it is either in us and must come out, or it is suppressed and stifled in the confusion.

How very true!!

John 10:5
And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him:for they know not the voice of strangers.

2014/3/6 8:01
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Quote:
If, on the other hand, what we do flows from who we are in Jesus, then we can expect to see the Lord magnify Himself through His vessels

Amen. And the primary outflow of who were are in Christ is love. It's interesting that most people think that true Church is where God's Word is preached and baptism and communion are observed. It seems that Jesus took a much broader view; not merely what the Church teaches through ministers is the distinguishing mark, but the life lived in love to the brethren.

By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another. John 13:35

In Christ,

Ron

2014/3/7 18:29Profile

Re:

Amen, Ron. Love is the mark of Christ. And His love to us is a responsible, transparent, truthful love. Not a mushy, touchy feely, enabling, co-dependent love (which is no love at all).

2014/3/8 0:02

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy