SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : It seems that we have handled persecution better than you have handled prosperity

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 It seems that we have handled persecution better than you have handled prosperity

once heard a story of a north American pastor who went to China on an underground trip to visit Christians who were involved with the “illegal” house church movement. This trip was the biggest eye-opener of his life and ministry. As he was getting ready to return, he asked one of the Chinese pastors who had spent many years in forced labor camps for refusing to stop preaching the Gospel, “How can the people in the U.S. pray for the persecuted church in China?” The answer hit him like a tsunami, “Isn’t it more like how we can pray for you?” The Chinese pastor asked. Then he added, “It seems that we have handled persecution better than you have handled prosperity.”

Now you may say that the Chinese pastor was being a bit arrogant. You may say that he was suggesting they didn’t need prayers. You may say that he was bunching everyone together in the same material-loving pot. As for me, I take that injunction humbly and try to learn what it means to me living in one of the wealthiest nations in the world. And I make mine the words of the prophet — consider your ways!

from: http://gospelfellowships.net/we-have-persecution-you-have-prosperity/

2014/3/3 14:03Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re: It seems that we have handled persecution better than you have handled prosperity

Persecution has a purging work in the church. it weeds out those who are false and drives the true believer to his knees. the result is a body of believers that is truly committed to their faith and ready to give their lives.

2014/3/3 15:01Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy