SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : I Have Prepared a Place for You

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread

Re:

Rev_21:22 And I SAW NO TEMPLE THEREIN: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb ARE THE TEMPLE OF IT.

Heaven is the presence of God in Jesus Christ.

Psalm 90:1 Lord, THOU HAST BEEN OUR DWELLING PLACE in all generations.

Psalm 91:9 Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, EVEN THE MOST HIGH, THY HABITATION;

John 6:56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, DWELLETH IN ME, and I in him.

People have wondered for generations what their place of habitation will be like or how big their mansion will be, as if it will be smaller or bigger than someone else's?

But those questions only expose the earthly minded motivations of a person. We do not possess anything in heaven. Jesus Christ in God, possesses us. Heaven is the presence of God. Heaven is not heaven without the presence of the Lord.

And because the presence of God is with man, NOW, on earth we have experienced and know that heaven is a synonym for God and it is used interchangeably in the gospels (i.e. "kingdom of God, "kingdom of heaven")

Jesus said, "The kingdom of heaven is at hand" (Matt. 4:17), because the presence of God was at hand in Jesus Christ.

The kingdom of heaven is present whenever the King is present because Jesus said, "the kingdom of God is in your midst" or within you. (Luke 17:21).

Other scriptures:

Eph 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, WHO HATH BLESSED US WITH ALL SPIRITUAL BLESSINGS IN HEAVENLY PLACES IN CHRIST:
Heb 3:1 Wherefore, holy brethren, PARTAKERS OF THE HEAVENLY CALLING, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;
Heb 6:4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have TASTED OF THE HEAVENLY GIFT, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
Heb 12:22 BUT YE ARE COME UNTO MOUNT SION, and unto THE CITY OF THE LIVING GOD, THE HEAVENLY JERUSALEM, and to an innumerable company of angels,

If heaven is the presence of God, then is not the presence of God with us in this world, NOW?

I'm not saying earth is heaven, but rather God is heaven.

Like the old song says, "Heaven came down and glory filled my soul".

2014/3/19 12:13

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy