SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : I Have Prepared a Place for You

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Wonderful, brother Frank.

The Life of Christ we share now, is our spiritual treasure that currently inhabits our "earthen vessels" (II Cor 4:7) I believe the "many mansions" speaks of the great expanse of His heart and Spirit towards us and opening wide His heart towards men, that all may be saved. There is room for all (though all will not come). The "mansions" are spiritual "dwelling places" (John 14:2) in Christ,NOW.

Are we going to get something more than what we already have spiritually? Many key off of the scriptures that speak of "rewards in heaven", crowns, and mansions. They are thinking about themselves and what they stand to gain, and not understanding the heavenly reality. There is nothing materialistic about rewards in heaven or mansions up above. I am not saying that we are not going to receive something more than what we already have in Jesus Christ because Jesus Christ now, within us is not limited or insufficient. So, what is the "extra" that we will be given?

"God has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ" (Eph. 1:3). "All things belong to us in Christ, things present or things to come" (I Cor. 3:21-23). We "have been made complete" in Christ (Col. 2:10).

The "gain" that Paul speaks of is not something added onto the Life of Jesus Christ, but is the cessation of physical form which hinders us in many ways that a glorified body can't and won't. The flesh will not antagonize us or constrain us anymore.

He is our exceedingly great reward. (Gen 15:1)

We will not be in "acquisition mode" in heaven for the eternal life of Jesus Christ is the reward of the inheritance. (Col. 3:24)(Heb. 11:26).

2014/2/24 16:10

Re:

Amen Just-in,

That was the very Scripture I was studying in relation to John 14.

2Cor 4:7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.
We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed; Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.

This treasure, this knowledge of the glory of God in the face of the Lord Jesus is our strength in the midst of our lives that are constantly challenged for His sake. And this " knowledge," is not a head knowledge , it is an intimate knowledge that comes from being where He is, abiding in Him. Praise the Lord, when we do that, we can walk in victory, walk in Kingdom power. And the comfort which we ourselves receive in the midst of trials and tribulations, we can comfort and encourage others with all to the glory of God...............bro Frank

2014/2/24 18:00
psalm1

Re: I Have Prepared a Place for You

I am a little perplexed that the greatest event since Jesus resurrection is about to happen,namely,the gathering of the bride by the groom,and his body (bride) seems oblivious.

The intimacy of Jesus and his family on earth is the backdrop of Jesus words concerning his return for his bride.

Our clue here is not only the promise so conspicuously compared to the Hebrew's Groom/bride dwelling/room but his reference to the wine.
" I will not drink of this wine again until I drink it anew with you in my fathers kingdom"

Why does heaven have to mean something besides heaven
Why does place have to mean something besides place?
Mansions,when looked up,really mean mansions.
Could it be a possibility that what Jesus said,is what he meant?

It is not hard at all.

Jesus said he would go to heaven where there are mansions and he would prepare a place for us in heaven.He said we will sit with him at table and drink wine in heaven with him as the disciples did.

Imagine that! A testimony of a gathering....to heaven,for a promised gathering by him as his bride.!!!

2014/3/16 16:51Profile
budgie

Re: psalm1

It is interesting to note that when you look at all of the gospels that the kingdom of heaven and kingdom of god is in most places given in parables as being an earthly kingdom and even a kingdom within our very souls

We even pray Your kingdom Come your will be done on earth as it is heaven.

We are in this world but we are not of this world, the Kingdom of God is being established on earth and in us and soon Christ the King will return and reign on this earth as the King of the Kingdom for a 1000 year period

Jesus is the King of Kings

It says in Revelations at the blowing of the 7th trumpet that the Kingdoms of this world will be the Kingdoms of Christ

We will drink at the table with Him
Where He exists we will be

2014/3/19 4:55Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

While I absolutely believe the second coming is future and that we will spend eternity with Jesus, there are a couple of points about this passage:

"In my Father's house"-- never once in scripture is the Father's house synonymous with heaven. It is always the temple.

"Mansions" is an awful translation-- it is much better translated "rooms" or "dwelling places."

How did Peter describe the new covenanat "spiritual house?" What makes up that house and where does Jesus dwell there?

2014/3/19 6:26Profile
psalm1

Re: never once in scripture is the Father's house synonymous with heaven

Heaven is where Jesus is.
He said there were "mansions" there.(dwellings)
He said in the same sentence he was leaving but would return and where he was going is where the dwellings are.

There was also an ark on earth in the temple,and another in heaven in it's temple.
2 arks,2 temples.
So many spiritual things,and earthly things exist simultaneously.

2014/3/19 11:03Profile
psalm1

Re: budgie

"that the kingdom of heaven and kingdom of god is in most places given in parables as being an earthly kingdom"

Not that I am aware of.
It says the kingdom of God(referring to where his throne is....namely heaven),"CAN BE COMPARED TO....."

Not an earthly kingdom.

It even says in heb 9 Jesus carried his blood,to heaven.
And in acts he departed to heaven (raptured)

2014/3/19 11:10Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Psalm1... Jesus is in heaven but he also resides in Christians.

If you can tell me where else in the bible that "God's house" refers to heaven please show me.

Do you believe that Jesus went to heaven when he ascended and built mansions for each of us? Well maybe so... He was a carpenter after all.

But I do know that he has prepared us, his church, to be many dwelling places which combined create a temple of living stones.

2014/3/19 11:32Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

By the way the same word "mone" poorly translated as mansion in the passage under discussion is translated "abode" in v 23 of the same chapter.

It is my understanding that in old English the word mansion derived from a term that meant simply a dwelling place.

2014/3/19 11:43Profile
psalm1

Re: Where is God's house

The groom will soon gather the bride.
All end times MUST pass through this prism.

The Jewish wedding groom first built a room onto his fathers house.when finished,the father gave him the nod to go fetch his bride.The marriage was consumated,she bled,and they stayed in the room a period of time.

The similarities are to profound to dismiss.

It is without a doubt,a pretrib rapture.

2014/3/19 11:52Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy