SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Church of Wells

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
How very interesting that we cannot talk about the teachings of Bill Gothard that have hurt many families and ruined others.

And has helped millions.

Quote:
You would think warning others (as in this thread) would tend to be a good thing. Just a rhetorical statement/observation.

Brother, I honestly want you to consider moving onto another discussion forum where you have freedom to do as you really want to and not have to worry about biblical moderation or submission to such. I just feel it might be healthier for you instead of making such comments over and over on different issues of how you are not happy how we are handling things.

The Church of wells Elders have been connected with individual members of SermonIndex as well as used speakers from SermonIndex to support their teachings therefore it is an issue we felt led to address and allow.

2014/4/20 22:42Profile

Re:

I knew you were going to say "he has helped millions". Actually, about 2.5 million have attended his seminars, but that does not equate to "helping millions" anymore than the millions that Benny Hinn has addressed.

I have no issue with what you are doing about Wells and in fact I think it is good. I just wish you would be equal in your treatment with others who are seriously damaging people's lives.

And please, I am not unhappy, but I think you are unhappy with being questioned so don't turn it on me. Just because someone questions you does not mean they are unhappy or even in rebellion. Please remember you are just a moderator in an internet forum.

I don't want to make you stumble and it is clear you would like me to go, so I will leave. And I will leave with good memories of SI and good experiences. I think it is the best Christian forum on the net. The moderators are excellent and godly and I can't see how any of my appeals would diminish SI's reputation.

I want you to be at peace, so please kindly delete my userid. Use this post as my permission to do so. And with that, I pray God bless you and all the brothers and sisters that frequent SI.

Looking unto Jesus...

2014/4/20 23:36
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Saints,

A group of brethren have compiled a website to discern the Church of wells and post some public statements from ministry leaders to be weary of this group.

http://www.thechurchofwells.org

2014/5/1 1:08Profile

Dear Brother Greg

God bless you for showing me this website regarding the "church" of Wells.

I of course, perused it at length, and as you might know, there is recent "news" dated Jan of 2016, there is a very grievous phone video of one of the "elders" or "members" atop the spine of his being constructed home, rebuking and hollering at a dear man and his wife and child, denouncing him as "snake" and a "hypocrite"....and misusing Scripture in a most hellish way to further condemn this, what I would assume to be a Christian, man, who calmly asked him to stop haranguing his family or the man would call the sheriff.

Ever since our beloved brother Frank posted the other thread about this group, I've read and searched out writings and video's from both the "elders", and from townsfolk in Wells, as well as secular media. I've been absolutely crushed, grieved, and just broken. I am not ignorant about the dark side of man's heart, nor of the foul machinations of the accuser....regarding the "elders" of the "church" of Wells...the first portion of Scripture that popped into my soul, ESPECIALLY after watching the whole tragic "testimony" of that very broken young woman, Catherine Groves , ( which I will write about in a bit.) is this portion from Matthew chapter 18 and verses one thru five, directed at the three "elders":

"At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, “Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?” And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them and said, “Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

“Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me, but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened around his neck and to be drowned in the depth of the sea."

The Holy Spirit put that in my heart, and if this three elders, TRULY, Fear God, in the light of their wickedness, THEY should be the ones quaking in witless fear, but pride and the flesh has blinded these "blind guides"...and one day, the Judgment Seat awaits....(us all)

what truly broke my heart was watching Catherine Grove give her rambling, incoherent "testimony" filmed by the "church". Obviously she is a deeply confused, troubled young woman. I have watched quite a few prisoners of war video, while in enemy hands,...talk, and she has that tenor of voice, and one can see the fear and confusion underlying, as I watched all 53 minutes of it, book-ended by these "elders" putting their hellish spin on this tragic video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_a6o5Up3haI

Some have opined that this situation could devolve into a "Waco", and while that is a slight possibility. given the darkened nature of their hearts, but having listened to them, they strike me as soft upper middle class white boys, deluding themselves into believing they are John the Baptizers...in short, they don't seem like the type to get gunned up...But God forbid, as the years go by, I could see them cowardly go mental, lock the themselves and the poor souls trapped in this dark hole calling itself a church, locking the doors, and LITERALLY , burning the house down, Pray God that never happen.

in my grief, I just ask "why?"

in closing, I feel the Lord preparing me for the call to speak, exhort PUBLICALLY, but ONLY, when I hear our God , clearly give the CALL...and the release, to speak and exhort in the Love of Messiah Jesus....never before, because such would be folly without the Call, as I can say I fear God, and hold Jesus in reverential Awe and passionate Love, He is my All In All, Alpha and Omega, Baruch HaShem!

when I had finished reading and watching this hellishness, a message from Ian Paisley that always speaks to the way God leads me, also came to my heart...I know I've put it up a lot, but I beg you, bear with me, as I post it again...I do believe its germane in this terrible situation:

"Fundamentalism Versus Apostasy"
http://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp?SID=6863

your brother, neil

2016/1/26 2:41

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy