SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Noah's ark would fall apart.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Noah's ark would fall apart.

I was thinking about some of the criticisms of the notion of Noah' ark. They talked about how a boat such as that would have split in two in the midst of such a mighty sea that covered the whole world, it would never have held together. Today the Lord spoke into my heart and told me that it was too low. I pondered that. Too low? And then He opened up my heart to understand. The whole conversation was too low. God holds the whole universe in His hands. He holds it all together. The notion that He could not hold a small boat together, for that is what it was in comparison to all that exists, in the middle of a ocean on a small planet, for that is what we are in the midst of vastness, was clearly preposterous. Today I glimpsed something of His vastness in my Spirit, not for the first time but always breathtaking. To truly glimpse the vastness of God is to render all else infintesimal. How big is our God? He is larger than anything that our brains can comprehend.........bro Frank

2014/2/18 9:10
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: Noah's ark would fall apart.

Good word. God could take care of the ark and all those in it, for it was God who told Noah to build the ark in the first place.

In Genesis 7:1, we see that God told Noah to come into the ark, and in verse 16, God shut him in.

Isaiah 66:1 tells us that heaven is God's throne and earth His footstool.

God's vastness is beyond our comprehension. Well, it is beyond mine.

God bless.

2014/2/18 10:42Profile
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re: Can't happen

Both Noah's ark and Jonah's whale were assumed real by Jesus Himself.

But remember, waters don't part to reveal a path for men to walk, fire can't come down from heaven to consume an altar, no one could hit a giant in the face with a stone from a sling, women don't turn their heads and turn into salt...

What a ride we are on! What a God we serve! What's next in the the greatest adventure man could ever witness??

2014/2/18 11:13Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Amen brother Frank. His ways are so high above our little small ways. The greatest scientific mind is zero compared to the greatness and knowledge of God. Whether men accept it or not. God is able to do what He wants to do. He is not restrained to our laws of physics or logic. God is able to do anything He wants because He is God. Such thoughts should humble us as you are pointing out brother.

2014/2/18 12:33Profile

Re:

God is able, brothers and sisters. Noah's ark did not fall apart and ours did not, either.

Let's look at our own Ark. How fragile, inadequate and insufficient He seemed in the face of His own storms. Born in flesh, a helpless baby.

Isa 53:1-4 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed? For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him. He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

The Pharisees scoffed at the idea of Him being the Savior (Ark) and able to contain the personal commitment of untold numbers of men and women.

But God's 2nd Ark did not fall apart, either.

Isa 53:11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant JUSTIFY MANY; for he shall bear their iniquities.

Noah was scoffed at and derided as foolish.

1Co 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

Is there anything too hard for our God? Again, faith travels where reason cannot go so we cannot debate people about the Ark, be it Noah's or the Lord, Himself.

Eze 17:22-24 Thus saith the Lord GOD; I will also take of the highest branch of the high cedar, and will set it; I will crop off from the top of his young twigs a tender one, and will plant it upon an high mountain and eminent: In the mountain of the height of Israel will I plant it: and it shall bring forth boughs, and bear fruit, and be a goodly cedar: and under it shall dwell all fowl of every wing; in the shadow of the branches thereof shall they dwell. And all the trees of the field shall know that I the LORD have brought down the high tree, have exalted the low tree, have dried up the green tree, and have made the dry tree to flourish: I THE LORD HAVE SPOKEN AND HAVE DONE IT.

Hallelujah!!

2014/2/18 12:44
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Noah's ark would fall apart.

One time I heard a taped sermon wherein the speaker was describing the science in the size of the ark. He talked about the waves and how the size will make a difference how well it will float or whether it will break up. The point of the talk was how it demonstrated the engineering genius that is God's.

And....Noah was not a master boat builder, either. We do not read where he argued with God about anything concerning the building of this ship. Might be some important lessons there one can learn if we but look and Believe.

Ah, yes, God is just plain Good.

2014/2/18 16:04Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I certainly appreciate the sentiment of the original post.

But the Bible does not say that God supernaturally held the ark together while it was on the flood waters. It says that God gave Noah a design for a boat that took a hundred years to build and Noah obeyed and the ark stayed afloat.

I think God's design worked and I don't think He had to supernaturally hold it together. It's a minor point, but things that God could supernaturally do are infinite.

He could have placed Noah and his family in a little climate controlled house on Mars during the duration of the flood if he had wanted to do so.

I guess for some reason if a person accepts that God was supernaturally holding the ark together, then it means His original design failed.

That bugs me a tad, but maybe that's just me.

2014/2/18 19:05Profile

Re:

Good point, TMK.

I am struck by the fact that God built me AND supernaturally holds me together. Come to think of it there are many things that He builds (creates) and yet supernaturally holds together.

2014/2/18 19:28

Re:

What holds atoms together?

Atoms are constantly in motion. They continuously vibrate, move and rotate. Even the atoms that make up the chairs that we sit in are moving around. Solids are actually in motion!

Quantum chromodynamics is the force that holds atoms together. It is a THEORY that was created by Wilczek and his colleagues.

Ok, I don't know what Quantum chromodynamics is (it's a theory, anyway), but I know Who holds atoms together.

Basically, man does not know how atoms are held together.

Am I getting off topic? Sorry. :-^

2014/2/19 1:29

Re:

Hi TMK,

I think you may have missed the point. I was not making an argument to suggest anything negative about the design of the boat or it's structural integrity or that it was so rickety that God had to hold it together, in fact quite the opposite. The key point of the word was the word the Lord said to me " It is too low." What was too low was the whole conversation about the structure of the boat.........bro Frank

2014/2/19 8:44

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy