SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg Donates $992 Million to Charity Funding Planned Parenthood

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
David01-72

Texas

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg Donates $992 Million to Charity Funding Planned Parenthood

Just wanted to share this information to Facebook users. I do have an account with them but im deleting it, this is just sick.
---------------------------------------------------

Philanthropy magazine released an article titled “A Look at the 50 Most Generous Donors of 2013.” Topping the list was Facebook CEO and co-founder Mark Zuckerberg and his wife, pediatrician Priscilla Chan.

In 2013 the couple donated 18 million shares of Facebook valued at $992.2 million to the Silicon Valley Community Foundation in Mountain View, California. The couple previously donated 19 million Facebook shares to the same foundation in 2012.

markzuckerbergThe Silicon Valley Community Foundation describes its organization as a “comprehensive center of philanthropy.” They partner with donors to fund for profit and non-profit organizations around the globe. On their website you can see a list of words that describe the values of their company. The first word listed is “collaboration.”

This word summarizes the work of Silicon Valley Community; they work as a middle-man between donors and companies, making it easy for donors to get their funds into organizations they support. They accept a number of assets such as real estate, stock, and mutual funds and offer their donors customized philanthropy services.

One of the organizations Silicon Valley Community Foundation collaborates with is Planned Parenthood. A copy of their 2012 Public Disclosure is available for online viewing. The disclosure reports that the SVCF donated over $480,000 to Planned Parenthood in 2012 alone. The donations benefited Planned Parenthoods in multiple cities: San Antonio, TX; New York, NY; San Jose, CA; Jacksonville, FL; and Burlington, VT.The donations ranged in amount from $5,000 to $361,750....

http://www.lifenews.com/2014/02/12/facebook-ceo-mark-zuckerberg-donates-992-2-million-to-charity-funding-planned-parenthood/

2014/2/17 13:43Profile
iceman9

New York

Re: Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg Donates $992 Million to Charity Funding Planned Pare

Thanks for posting this article. It is another eye opener about Facebook.

David the sad this is that the reality exposed in this article will likely not cause one single Christian to close their Facebook account; they all should.

I'm sure in a matter of minutes there will be people posting excuses about keeping their Facebook accounts and pages up.

The profits generated by the advertisements on many Christian's Facebook pages are going to be funding the slaughter of innocent babies and there is not an excuse in the world to justify keeping them.

2014/2/17 16:12Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

It is eye-opening but at the same time expected in some measure for these companies are not moral neither Christian-based. We have never gone over-board with facebook and fought trying to even be involved with it for the first many years it started. In the end all of these platforms will become less used. That is why we have chosen to not fully integrate the website with these social media solutions.

At this point we have a link to Google+ on the bottom of every page simply because it helps with google rankings. We recently chose to automate all our social media platforms so we do not have to login in constantly to interact etc. We want to encourage all saints to email us directly through the SermonIndex website.

2014/2/17 16:31Profile

Re:

That's the problem. They think they are "moral" and we think they are not "moral".

We cannot play the game of "morality" because in this world it is relative.

We must stay on the higher plane of revelation. "The Word revealed." After the Fall, man began to define morality and became the arbitrator of morality. It is very precious to him to be able to define morality. He believes he has the power to define good and evil, even though he cannot keep his own moral rules. But man loves to have the power to stipulate what morality is and to exercise it. He cannot live without it. But what Christ calls us to is much higher than morality. He calls us to Himself, the Word revealed.

Trying to fight men on their plane of morality is like trying to provide all the evidence in the world regarding Creation in order to get an Atheist to change their mind and get saved. We cannot hope to trump them with "higher morality". They think their morality is the grandest.

The language of God is not morality, it is revelation, the Word revealed, a Person, Jesus Christ.

2014/2/17 17:33
Elibeth

Re:

Just-In,
I have been following you for some time on SI, and do appreciate
your insight .

Your responded here,... ' The revealed Word '....so true!

Blessings,

2014/2/17 19:31Profile

Re:

Blessings to you, Elizabeth.

Man is very adept at taking "revelation" and turning it into religion. Is Satan not a religious master? Just like morality, Christians like to show the world that their religion is better than others. Do we have religion or do we have Christ? Elijah had no religion, either.

Elijah did not battle the prophets of Baal with philosophy and theology.

1Ki 18:37 Hear me, O LORD, hear me, that this people may know that thou art the LORD God, and that thou hast turned their heart back again.
1Ki 18:38 Then the fire of the LORD fell, and consumed the burnt sacrifice, and the wood, and the stones, and the dust, and licked up the water that was in the trench.
1Ki 18:39 And when all the people saw it, they fell on their faces: and they said, The LORD, he is the God; the LORD, he is the God.

The prophets of Baal have no real power and we should not try to battle on their terms (carnal warfare). We always fight on God's terms.

(Senior devil Screwtape in a speech at the Annual Dinner of the Tempter's Training College for Young Devils) "It will be an ill day for us if what most humans mean by 'religion' ever vanishes from the Earth. It can still send us the truly delicious sins. The fine flower of unholiness can grow only in the close neighbourhood of the Holy. Nowhere do we tempt so successfully as on the very steps of the altar." (C.S. Lewis, The Screwtape Letters)

2014/2/17 22:19
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re: Morality from another side

I am with you, Elibeth! I appreciate the wisdom and poignant twists Just-in brings to so many SI discussions. (Stay humble, good brother!)

There may be times when it is useful to avoid things which are wrought by evil men. But sometimes evil men put out things that are useful and beneficial to the righteous. Facebook could be one of those things, along with cars and telephones and cookware, furniture, movies, even TV! (The jury may still be out on TV...)

Men do things, and will be judged for those things. Wise men in any sphere will hear God, will repent, and both suffer the consequences in the near times and leave legacies into the future.

I use Facebook, many times to proclaim gospel truth or to encourage righteousness in others. I am not alone in this. My opinion is that condemnation of the platform for the "sins" of the founder is a fail.

2014/2/18 11:35Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

This is why I don't do boycotts. To be consistent, we'd have to boycott just about everything, including even supermarkets and gas stations (considering they sell filthy magazines like Hustler and Playboy). We'd probably have to live as the Amish if we really wanted to be consistent with the boycotting thing.

2014/2/18 11:53Profile

Re:

Yes, Oracio and Sidewalk.

We would have to all stop paying any taxes that are used in our estimation for "immoral" things.

The tax that Jesus paid most surely was used for the continued oppression and occupation of Israel.

This is why we are not to live on the moral plane. Jesus did not live on it, either. We are called to live on a much higher plane that fleshly men do not understand.

Col 2:20 Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,
Col 2:21 (Touch not; taste not; handle not;
Col 2:22 Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men?
Col 2:23 Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body; not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.

And the previous is contrasted with where we should be living....Holding fast to Jesus (the Head).

Col 2:19 And not holding the Head, from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God.

Sidewalk, thank you for your encouragement. I will just say that God has unique (and painful ways) to keep one humble and I have a long way to go. But all His ways are merciful and loving. I have nothing or no one to boast in, but Him. Blessed be His Name, forever.

2014/2/18 12:21
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg Donates $992 Million to Charity Funding Planned Pare

Speaking of paying taxes and what they go to; we also don't know all the good that Silicon Valley Community Foundation does as well. We do understand that Planned Parenthood isn’t their only donor, correct? They help a lot of different people and organizations that do good.

My friends started transitional housing for women who’ve just gotten out of jail and they filed for a grant with a secular Foundation and received one, almost $100,000!! So when you hyper focus only on abortion, you miss all the other people that are getting help also from this Foundation… but again, that's just my humble and probably unwanted opinion.

But the one thing that had me a tad bit aggravated is that Mark Zuckerberg gave it all to ONE Foundation, instead of spreading it over several Foundations. This is probably a sign that one day he will be running that Foundation! Who knows??

God bless,
Lisa

2014/2/18 17:13Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy