SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Prayer Request

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Beige

Prayer Request

Dear saints,

Please pray for me. I have some very serious problems that appear to be impossible for me to overcome. But I know with God all things are possible. I may not have the faith to be able to believe for overcoming my problems by myself. That is why I am asking for someone to help intercede for me. I feel very wounded and broken.

I am not sure I have the discernment to know where my affliction actually comes from.

1) I suppose it may be that our enemy has attacked me in the very weakest area of my life.
2) I may be under chastisement from God.
3) I may be under judgement from God.
4) Or perhaps I am being tested or cleansed.

I believe though that I desperately need the prayers of the godly. I find myself in fear of not even being able to survive. Please if someone will intercede for me I will be grateful. If the Lord should lay this on someone's heart here in this fellowship and needs to ask of me anything please let me know. Thank you.

2014/2/16 2:30Profile
mama27

Re: Prayer Request

Beige,

I know what it is like to feel like you can't even survive. I will pray.....(are you male or female?) May God grant you wisdom and discernment, and work mightily in your life so that He will be glorified....

2014/2/16 8:30Profile
Beige

Re:

Thank you so very much Mama27. I am a male. God bless you! I am listening to Charles Stanley's series on brokenness. It is helping me to understand.

2014/2/16 15:22Profile
mama27

Re:

How are you doing??

2014/2/24 9:02Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Dear Brother, I have prayed and will continue to pray.

Read Ezekiel 1 and be encouraged that out of the whirlwinds of the Christian life come wake-up calls out of which God reveals Himself in new ways. Are you listening?

In Christ,

Ron

2014/2/24 19:04Profile
RogerB

Bruceton TN

Hi Beige! Your Heavenly Father always has pity on someone who needs his help. I've been in your situation too. Why not ask the Father to write in your heart the changes you need. We can't change on our own, that's the job of the Holy Spirit and the written word to continually wash and change us. If you are into something immoral you need to address it now. By addressing it you are making a decision and changes will come. The Father is for you Jesus loves you. If you have been baptized he will work the uncleanness out of you.

Talk to the Father, spill your guts, confess. Sing praises and drive darkness away. Your Father loves you

2014/2/24 21:51Profile
Beige

Re:

Thank you for all of your prayers. Things are better for me, yet still I am waiting for God in regard to many things. I am not involved in anything immoral Roger and I am doing my best to live a repentant life as God reveals things to me. Some time ago I prayed for Him to reveal to me my hidden sin and He still reveals things to me even now -- An example is as I am a supervisor at my work I have been too firm with some subordinates, belittling in their performance in the work place and not taking the time to teach them properly. People who are working to support their families deserve my respect just for that alone! Another example which I actually do believe is immoral is the times (something I have never done intentionally or practiced) I have manipulated others with my choice of words or other actions. God has shown me this is a sin and something many people, even believers use to control others.

But -- I lost my home through foreclosure after the last stock market crash. I had lost a very good job because of all the production curtailments and even though I got work again right away it only paid about half my former salary -- I was able to stay caught up financially for several years with my savings and by picking any and all work I could get, but in the end it was not enough and everything was gone! Perhaps I was in err by going into debt in the first place and then when things became hard I stopped giving. Anyway that seemed to be the beginning of other bad tidings. Financial instability can be very threatening and can easily drive us to despair if we take our eyes off of Christ who really holds all the true riches. I would like to claim the precious protection found in the book of Job -- but certainly I am sure Job was and is a much better man than I!

So now I have accepted my losses in these worldly issues with things like houses, cars, horses and toys and am seeking to honestly just focus on what it is God wants to teach me in His word. I know I made a pretty strong statement in my despair saying I did not know how I could survive -- but in my heart I know God will always provide. It may be just bare basics -- but praise God I am thankful for that and perhaps in His mercy and grace things will get better.

I am asking God to help me everyday and to help me build on that foundation which He has given me who is Christ.

Thank you again! Blessings to each of you Mama, Roger, and Ron -- Blessings to all that seek our King!

2014/3/9 6:58Profile
mama27

Re:

Thank you for the update, Beige. It helps to know how to pray....just know that you are not alone - we all have areas of our lives where God puts His finger on certain areas and applies pressure - sometimes seemingly unbearable pressure. May you stay strong in the faith. "Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him" Job 13:15

2014/3/9 10:11Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy