SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What is the difference between christian and non christian music?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

I have also realising in praising and worshiping god all my other problems seem to be adrift.

2005/4/7 20:24Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

The Jews also thought of worship as reading your bible

2005/4/7 20:24Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

This may be an interesting thing how many people when walking into a christian bookshop buy bestsellers without looking at any of he other titles

2005/4/9 14:47Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Does anyone get infected by non christian music at partys

Jesus I get infected by non christian music and the conversation at parties from non christians I want to run away I pray lord jesus that you will clense this from me as it is part of my battle with purity !!!
jesus help I pray that by faith what I feel know all this filth will depart from my soul!!!

2005/6/25 19:35Profile

Re: Does anyone get infected by non christian music at partys

Hi Delta,

[url=http://www.rockymountainministries.org/]http://www.rockymountainministries.org/[/url]

Don Francisco's site lets you download free mp3s every month.

On the page which will open at the above URL, you can click straight on his award winning 'He's Alive!' - the song which when it was first released, caused the returning to the Lord of many and the conversion of some.

For the price of two CDs (in the UK) you can download or burn off ALL his music for an entire year, and give away your own compilations as gifts, once you know his repertoire.

Many years ago, having been like you - I could name a song within the first 4 notes of the intro and knew what would reach the top (maybe not be the no 1, tho') - I decided to commit myself to only ever in the future [i][b]singing[/b][/i] to the Lord. Perhaps by then the appeal of 'pop' music was waning for me anyway, but, there was a serious side to my commitment, because what was being put out for the consumption of the masses which was [i]not[/i] Christian, was spiritually damaging and anti-God.
Although I occasionally battled to get tunes out of my head, and bad words, I now find it a positive pleasure to ignore what is going on in the music world, and enter my own world of worship and praise to the Lord. You would find, if you concentrate on listening to truly inspiring Christian music, that it will help your other mental battles immensely. Also, when you are not free to listen, the Spirit can minister to your through the songs He has inspired.

I notice you mention the problem of party music. When I was a teenager, I went to only one party I can remember which was not a gathering of Christians. I had been taken by a Christian friend and I was horrified at what went on - so horrified that I methodically turned down every invitation to parties after that, until people stopped inviting me. Yes, I know, I was sad, but, I was not going to be compromised by my peer group. I hugely lacked discernment and my life was a private mess, but I knew in my heart of hearts that I dare not add to it.

Despite saying all the above, I have bought music by non-Christians occasionally. Certain stuff I would never buy, but for the quality of the music and to understand something about honesty of expression, I have listened to pagans! It is a joy to me, that God gave us music as a way of His communicating with our spirits and us communicating with His. This ability is not completely lost to non-Christians.

Interesting that Compton mentioned Bach a page or two back. I think there is also something about some of Mozart, though I know nothing about either of their lives. Of course, regardless of what is said about Handel, I have a copy of the Messiah and consider it a baseline for Christian listening. Better still, find a way to learn to sing it. There is probably no greater buzz for a choral gathering. There are people who ONLY sing The Messiah!, such is their addiction to the joy it gives them. Do you know that whole work is based on verses of scripture? There is nothing better for the soul!

Well, that's enough of rambling about the music. If you are of limited income, then boring as it sounds, you do have to be more careful to steward the money God entrusts to you - not that it is ok to waste money - but poverty brings its own rewards, usually in the realm of finding out that most 'things' are unnecessary to 'live' in the Spirit and Jesus was not wrong when He told us our basic needs would be provided by our heavenly Father.

2005/6/27 6:07

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy