SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : Ukraine Mission Trip w/ Street Kids (Help Support)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Ukraine Mission Trip w/ Street Kids (Help Support)

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/images/trip44.gif[/img]

[b]Ukraine 2005
Summer Camp for Street Kids[/b]

Дорогие друзья (Dear friends),

[b]Plan:[/b] Привет! (Hi!)  Four of us from Calvary Chapel of Escondido (Rick and Kelly Kierstead, Yolanda Diehl, and Greg Gordon), plan on attending a 2 week summer camp for street kids the weeks of Saturday, June 18th to Friday, July 1st.  Rick and Kelly have previously gone to the 2004 winter and summer camp.  Yolanda went to the 2004 summer camp with Rick and Kelly, and this will be Greg’s first time to minister to these Ukrainian kids.  Building relationships with these kids is one of the biggest parts of the camp, and it means a lot to them to see the same team members return to spend time with them.  There’s also a big need for men to have an interest in being a part of this camp and being able to go, as most of the kids who attend the camp are boys.  Our hope and prayer is that God would provide for all of us to be able to go to this summer’s camp.  We strongly believe that where God guides, He provides. 

[b]Purpose:[/b] What we’ll be doing at the camp is spending lots of time with the kids at meals, during music and Bible story times, playing indoor and outdoor games, including their favorite game, football (soccer), making crafts, and other activities.  Really, the purpose of this camp is to get these street kids away from their bad environments and living situations to a loving, Christian environment where they have a chance to be cared for and treated like normal children.  A lot of these kids struggle with drug and alcohol addiction (glue and Vodka) or suffer from developmental and emotional issues due to broken families, dangerous living situations, or poor care from their “guardians”.  These kids look forward to these camps all year and it allows them an opportunity to give their lives to Christ so God can deliver them from their destructive and dangerous lifestyles, and for them to be encouraged to live up to their God given potential.

[b]Preparation:[/b] Rick and Kelly already know how to speak a bit of Russian which really helps in getting to know the kids, building relationships with them during the 2 weeks, and in sharing God with them.  Yolanda took a semester of Russian in the fall after the summer camp and has continued learning on her own through different resources.  Greg has also started studying Russian to hopefully be able to speak to the kids a little bit.  Greg and Yolanda really have a heart to be able to share the Scriptures in Russian to the kids and possibly even provide them with their own Russian Bibles.  Yolanda was able to provide all the kids with Russian New Testaments from the Gideons last summer, which was the first time they were given Bibles at these camps, and hopes to be able to bring another supply this time.  We all trust that God will prepare our hearts to answer the calling to minister to these kids and to be used by God in each one of their lives.

Provision: What we need to raise financial support for mainly is the cost for airfare, which is expensive this year, the cheapest costing about $1,500 per person.  Other costs include camp and various application fees.  If you feel led to send a donation in support of this camp to these street children, don’t feel like you alone have to help cover the entire cost for our trip!  Every little bit counts and would be greatly appreciated!  If you feel led to send financial support, simply mail money or check to Calvary Chapel of Escondido, 1675 Seven Oakes Road, Escondido, CA  92026 (make check payable to: Calvary Chapel of Escondido, memo: Rick, Kelly, Yolanda, Greg or Ukraine).  We also covet your prayers, however the Holy Spirit would lead you.  Большое спасибо!  (Thank you very much!)

Рик, Келли, Ёланда и Грег
Rick, Kelly, Yolanda and Greg

[i]Matthew 9:37-38: "The harvest truly is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest."[/i]

2005/4/5 15:59Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Ukraine Mission Trip w/ Street Kids (Help Support)

Thank God for this brother. What mixed thought's and grief of spirit... That you guy's will be going to just [b]be[/b] there and minister to these kids... And what opportunity for anyone to help facilitate you guy's getting there.

These are children...

2005/4/5 22:30Profile
jouko

Ex-England colony of Australia

Re:

http://www.pastornet.net.au/fwn/2001/jun/art09.html

You will come back a changed person.
jouko

2005/4/6 4:06Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re: Ukraine Mission Trip w/ Street Kids (Help Support)

Oh my goodness! I'm about to cry with tears of joy! GREG - you did such a good job with this! If the kids only knew they were up on a website for the whole world to see! Man... this is awesome!

Well, as Greg mentioned, he, I, Rick and Kelly are going on this trip. It blesses me so much that Greg will get to be a part of this camp! As some of you may know, I went last year. I LOVE these kids and CAN'T WAIT to see them again! Here's a link to my journal entries from last summer during the camp: www.calvarychapel.com/escondido/KievReport.pdf . It will give you more of an idea of what we will be doing each day while we're there and allow you to get to know the kids and the team members a bit.

Well, I don't really know what else to add. Greg did a beautiful job, I'm sure with inspiration from the Lord. I would just like to close with a few prayer requests:

1. That God would help all of us who are trying to either brush up on our Russian or are learning it for the first time. I know Greg's learning it for the first time so, please pray for him. And I know just a bit so... I could use prayer too.

2. If you visit the link to my PDF, you'll see, probably on the last page, a picture of the family who's involved in ministry to the street kids on a daily basis. The couple's name is Pavel and Vika and their son's name is Maxs. Well, Maxs has been sick since last summer camp and he's been in the hospital for 2 weeks now. The doctor's don't know what's wrong with him and the parents are pretty worn out from taking turns spending the day with him in the hospital. So please, please pray for his healing. He's a good kid and the street kids LOVE him! Hopefully he'll be well enough to go to camp this summer.

3. Just lift up all the finances and preparations for the camp up to the Lord. From airfare to visa applications... we just need to trust that God will work it all out.

Большое спасибо! (bal- shoye spasiba) A big thanks!

P.S. [b]jouko[/b] - Thanks for the link!

2005/4/6 12:57Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Oh my goodness! I'm about to cry with tears of joy! GREG - you did such a good job with this! If the kids only knew they were up on a website for the whole world to see! Man... this is awesome!

:-) I am glad that we can do this and get people praying for these kids. I am going to get some pictures of individual kids with backgrounds on the site so people can download them and pray for kids individually as the Spirit leads while we are ministering to them. I know God is going to do amazing things through us, letting these children feel the touch of Jesus Christ through us!

I hope to get more pictures of the kids last year and also get an 3 page brochere of the information in the first post. Please start praying for us now.. I would love for people to also [b]Commit[/b] to praying for Me, Yolanda, and others on the team daily while we are in the Ukraine.

Please ask any questions you have and I am sure me or Yolanda can help answer them. I am learning much and excited about getting to know their culture and language more before I go.

2005/4/6 13:16Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re: Photo Album!

[url=http://photos.yahoo.com/yolandadiehl]Ukraine Mission Trip[/url]

I'm excited! I [i]just[/i] created a photo album online so you can all look at pictures from last year's mission trip to Ukraine. Hope you enjoy! :-)

P.S. And the link is correct now. [laughs] Sorry about that. Was a little too excited I suppose.

2005/4/6 15:00Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

A Plea for Fervent Prayer

Our Missions Coordinator, Kelly, is having a difficult time finding reasonable airfare for our mission trip to Ukraine. At this point, she feels it would be a better use of funds to pay for Belarussians and Ukrainians to go to the camp instead of paying for us Americans to fly over. If she can't find airfare for $1,000 or under for us, the trip will be cancelled for her, I and Greg. She strongly feels that she'll come up with a decision within the next couple weeks.

This doesn't cause me to doubt about going, but I am a little saddened. Not that there's a lack of faith going on here on anyone's part, but... I just feel strongly that I'm suppposed to go, despite how things look right now. And it seems that Greg has gotten confirmation too.

So please lift this situation up in prayer. Please pray for our Missions Coordinator, that God would give her wisdom and confirmation. Pray that her final decision would be made according to the leading of the Holy Spirit, not driven by doubt. Please pray for a miracle to happen concerning airfare, if the Lord wills.

I'm sorry I'm making this seem so urgent. I know there's lots of other things happening in the world. But this means a lot to me to go. I have a heart for these kids and have been looking forward for a year to seeing them again. I believe that where God guides, He provides... so pray that He would provide if He's guiding me, Greg, Rick and Kelly to go. Thank you very much!

2005/4/7 13:59Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: A Plea for Fervent Prayer

Yodi, you have my prayers and am glad you did present this here to the body just so we can be made aware of the situation.

Perhaps a re-reading of the first postings here for those who have yet to see this. Again, these are children...

Please do pray.

2005/4/7 16:06Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re:

Quote:
Yodi, you have my prayers and am glad you did present this here to the body just so we can be made aware of the situation.

Thank you very much. :-) Kelly will be looking for confirmation from the Lord within the week. I trust God will make it clear.

2005/4/7 18:11Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Thank you very much. Kelly will be looking for confirmation from the Lord within the week. I trust God will make it clear.

Thank you for posting this Yolanda. I have been praying about this and will continue to do so. I was speaking to kelly for abit also and who knows what the Lord will do, this could be the Lord opening doors for some and closing doors for others. Also this could be the Lord saying be faithful and wait for another opportunity to serve in Ukranian or Russian country. I am praying in that regard and am open to go seperately to an Calvary Chapel in Belarussa or Ukraine to serve and intern for a few weeks.

Also another possible opportunity would be to go to Scotland to minister with a brother who might be going to open air preach. Please keep these things in prayer and let the Lord guide the plans.

I do believe its great to plan and expect but at the same time only the Lord knows what is ultimately going to work out.

2005/4/7 19:08Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy