Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Advantage

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
inotof

Morehead, KY

Advantage

I just read something the other day and God really convicted me of the way that i somtimes treat my wife. Jay Adams made an analogy in one of his phamplets;
(A paraphrase) Our kids are jumping and doing things tha kids do, they have been all day and your nerves are wearing thin. Suddnely there is a crash and a cry and you lose it. You're hollering and sceaming, then the phone rings, you pick it up with a nice an sweet "Hello". Yet you're excuse for yelling at the kids is "I can't control my temper" Can't or Won't?

How often I have taken adavantge of the love of my wife and friends and family, in that I "let things fly" when i sould keep a lid on it. Just a though for the day.

2005/4/5 15:45Profile
hredii

Fresno CA

Re: Advantage

Quote:

inotof wrote:
"I can't control my temper" Can't or Won't?...in that I "let things fly" when i sould keep a lid on it.

There is a better way than that. How about letting Christ control your temper for you. Let us be dependant on Him for all things.

Before I was a believer I could not control my temper. I would try and try, I was held captive by my emotions. Now that I am a follower of the Christ, I still do not know how to control my temper. Or my way of controlling my temper is being dependant on the abundance of His grace to supply me with the joy of my salvation at all times especially in the hardest of times when there could be no way for me to control my temper. And if I could control it, why not allow Jesus to do it for me anyways, for His glory and fellowship.

I am just amazed at the abundant supply of God's grace when we trust in His grace to supply our every need. I am not saying I am perfect now; I still stumble from time to time. But it is not because God's grace cannot supply but my lack of my trust in Jesus.

I hope that make sense?

2005/4/5 16:11Profile

No "lid" needed

Trying to keep a lid on it will NEVER work that is just suppression. As long as the anger exists it WILL come out no matter how hard you try to keep the lid on. Ask Christ to totally clean your heart and you will not need any lid.

Please read this article at
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=5134&forum=36&0

2005/4/5 17:44
dohzman

Praise God for Bro. David

I really appreciated that honest post Brother. My wife states openly that I'm the most patient and even tempered man she's ever meet. I don't see it. I figure it's something thats happened over the last 18 plus years of marriage. I have a dear Brother in the Lord that always gets to the point where he's ready to explode, he then makes a funny face and spreads his arms out as if to be hanging on a cross and drops his head. After 28 years I can still see him doing this, it keeps me humble, there's real power in the cross. All I need to do is identify with it. God Bless Bro.---------Bro. Daryl

2005/4/5 19:06Profile
Heavenlyman

Australia

Re: Advantage

[size=xx-small]Qoute:[/size]
[size=xx-small](A paraphrase) Our kids are jumping and doing things tha kids do, they have been all day and your nerves are wearing thin. Suddnely there is a crash and a cry and you lose it. You're hollering and sceaming, then the phone rings, you pick it up with a nice an sweet "Hello". Yet you're excuse for yelling at the kids is "I can't control my temper" Can't or Won't? [/size]
I can symphatize with you there mate, and you can and would be able to control yourself in that emotion as the word of God says "submit yourself to God and resist the devil". why i say this the evil one knows our weaknesses, he will uses it against us and domlished families, due of division. In Matthew 12: 25- talks about this issue. Every kingdom devided against itself is brought to desolation, and every city or house devided against it self will not stand...

so we must not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of our mind, that we may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Any way may your heart be encouraged, being knit together in love and attaining to all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the knowledge of the mystery of God, both of the Father and of Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. So let no one(including yourself) cheat you of your reward...
Hold fast to the Head, from whom all the body (e.g. family, congregation, church, or the place that we can fellowship) nourished and knit together by joints and ligaments, grow with the increase that is from God.

I say amen to this what i am saying, man this is good :-D coause as I am praying about this and typing it this is speaking to me too. Isn't it God is good.

2005/4/5 19:36Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy