SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : The Sudden Coming Tsunami of Christian Persecution by brother Greg

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

Quote:
The problem I see here is preaching persecution but no hope.
I guess when you couple that with "loosing your salvation" easily doctrine and it becomes hopeless,elitist with a lack of hope and joy.
Even if persecution comes so what we'll all get used to fairly quickly'

I have to agree with this observation. This website used to have as part of it's banner "promoting genuine biblical revival." Where has that hope gone? There seems to be a lot of focus now on the curse "the back-slidden church" deserves in the West. There is little talk of revival here anymore.

The truth is that YOU deserve wrath and I deserve wrath, we are all sinful, rebellious, and stiff-necked. But God's glory and grace are shown in just such a people who don't deserve anything from His hand. His strength is shown in our weakness and He gets great glory for His name. We are probably the least deserving generation of any Christians since the New Covenant began, and that is exactly the reason why God will bring great glory to the name of the Lord Jesus Christ when we humble ourselves before Him, and cry out to Him and plead His covenant promises.

Read the prayers of Jehoshaphat(2 Chron 20), and Nehemiah(Neh 1) as they plead God's covenant promises over an undeserving people. God answered mightily. How much more should we be pleading the promises of the New Covenant before the throne?

We are blood-bought children of God.
God will be merciful to our unrighteousness.
Nothing can separate us from His love.
Christ will build His church and the gates of hell will not prevail against it.

For God is good, and His mercy endureth forever!

In Christ,

Ron

2014/2/10 18:56Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy