SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : Last-Minute Updates on the Debate Tomorrow with Bill Nye and Ken Ham

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Last-Minute Updates on the Debate Tomorrow with Bill Nye and Ken Ham

PETERSBURG, Ky., February 3, 2014—As Bill Nye “The Science Guy” of TV renown and Ken Ham founder of the Creation Museum prepare their cases in what has been dubbed “Scopes 2,” the February 4, 7 PM (ET) debate is drawing major international attention.

In addition to CNN correspondent Tom Foreman who will moderate the debate, over 70 credentialed media will be in attendance, such as ABC, NBC, Scientific American magazine, Sydney Morning Herald (Australia), Al Jazeera, The New Yorker, etc.

Over 10,000 churches, schools, colleges, and other groups have informed the museum through www.debatelive.org that they will be carrying the free live stream of the debate. (That is just the number of groups that have actually told the Creation Museum of their plans.) Liberty University in Virginia, which conferred an honorary doctorate on Ham, will show a live stream of the debate at seven campus locations, including a 1,500-seat auditorium.

In addition to group leaders, the museum has heard from tens of thousands of individuals who have shared via www.debatelive.org that they will be watching. All told, more than one million people as a part of groups or as individuals have already informed the museum they will be viewing the debate. With the addition of people who have not contacted the museum about their intent to watch (it is not necessary to register to view the live stream), it is clear that many more than one million people will be watching.

People who purchased debate tickets when they went on sale online January 2 (tickets sold out in two minutes) represent 29 states and one country (Belize).
Immediately at the conclusion of the debate, Bill Nye and Ken Ham will walk inside the Creation Museum next door to be interviewed for the “Piers Morgan Live” program on CNN for a 9:45 PM post-debate analysis. During the 10 PM hour and inside the museum, MSNBC TV will interview Mr. Nye by himself.

On a special website, a live stream of the debate will have nationally certified ASL interpreters signing (and at no charge) at www.debateliveASL.org.

The museum website as well as the website of the parent ministry that runs the museum, Answers in Genesis, have seen an 80% increase in traffic, totaling about two million visits in January alone. Most of this jump is due to interest in the debate.

The debate can be watched here live tomorrow at this link freely: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6kgvhG3AkI

====
Note from brother Greg:

We encourage all saints on SermonIndex who watch this or not to consider praying for Ken Ham that God would give him a sense of His presence and give him powerful words to share so many who watch can come to faith in our Lord Jesus Christ.

2014/2/4 0:45Profile

Re: Last-Minute Updates on the Debate Tomorrow with Bill Nye and Ken Ham

Thanks for this info bro, will be watching and praying that seeds will be planted in the minds of people watching. .....bro Frank

2014/2/4 9:37
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re:

May God greatly anoint brother Ken Ham and give him overflowing wisdom to answer with words that will astound all hearers. The future of many souls may depend on this one event. As with Jesus and the apostles, many will leave scoffing regardless of the power of the Lord present to persuade, but as with Paul in Acts ch. 17 ... may the hearts of some be changed!

Let's all pray for this important event!

2014/2/4 10:03Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Saints the debate will be live at: http://debatelive.org in about 3 hours from now 4pm PST 7pm EST

Do be praying for Ken Ham and for God to bring a great conviction of the Spirit on hearers. May God open the spiritual eyes of many atheists.

2014/2/4 15:26Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Praying!

2014/2/4 16:34Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

The debate will be live in 20 minutes: http://debatelive.org

If you do watch do consider praying for Ken Ham.

2014/2/4 18:36Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

I did not get to watch the debate, but I have received a lot of feedback from my skeptic friends, that it was really a lopsided debate.

2014/2/5 9:15Profile

Re:

I watched the whole debate with my son. His Worldview teacher was recommending that his class watch it. Of course, we very much liked what Ken Ham presented. He planted many seeds and even though Bill Nye walked away seemingly unconvinced, you never know what is taking place within him. I suspect in the days and months ahead, Ken will share emails from various people regarding how their eyes were opened by his presentation. It was good how Ken was able to talk about Christ and His death and resurrection, and saving men from their sins at least 3 times. He was very casual and natural and I did not think anything was forced.

2014/2/5 9:22
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

Bill, Lopsided in which direction?

I watched most of it. The format probably did not help to allow for clear presentations of answering of points made either way.

One thing stood out to me was that Nye stated a numerous occasions that (to use his phrase) 'the American English bible' has been re-translated countless times to the point of loosing connection with the original. He meant translating from translations and used the analogy of Chinese whispers. I did not hear Ken Ham challenge this at all (but may have missed it) and it would have been a very easy thing to do and very important as Nye seemed to use this argument to dismiss the bible.

On the positive side, Ken Ham did clearly present the gospel more than once for those who would ears to hear.

2014/2/5 9:28Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Dave, I don't know, this was just some feedback I received.

2014/2/5 9:30Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy