SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A False "Eternal Security" doctrine vs a True "Eternal Security" Doctrine

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

A False "Eternal Security" doctrine vs a True "Eternal Security" Doctrine

Jesus is our salvation and he lives forever. His salvation is obviously eternal.

There's a false doctrine where people promise Pharaohs and Judases eternal life... when they were NEVER SAVED TO BEGIN WITH.

2014/2/3 11:14
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re: A False "Eternal Security" doctrine vs a True "Eternal Security&qu

Biblical eternal security is wrapped up in the words of Paul, Peter, and Jesus in various passages that say "If ye continue..."

They were all familiar with the eighteenth chapter of Ezekiel, a passage apparently missing from the bibles of some early developers of Christian theology.

2014/2/3 11:28Profile

Examine yourselves

Thats why we are to Examine ourselves to see wither we are in the faith.

Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you--unless, of course, you fail the test?
2 Cor 13:5

You adulterous people! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God. James 4:4

" Friendship with the world is spiritual adultery, unfaithfulness to God and our pledge of commitment to him. It involves embracing the world's attitudes, values and sinful ways. God is a jealous God. God requires
godly standards, separation from the world and loyalty to Christ.

2014/2/3 11:55

Re:

God's mercy is conditional. That is what Jesus taught.

"IF" is a word used in conditional statements. "IF" leaves it up to you and only YOU, to make the choice.

John 15:6 IF a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

John 15:10 IF ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

Matt 6:14 For IF ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:

Matt 16:24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, IF any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Matt 18:35 So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, IF ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.

Mark 9:35 And he sat down, and called the twelve, and saith unto them, IF any man desire to be first, the same shall be last of all, and servant of all.

John 7:17 IF any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

John 10:9 I am the door: by me IF any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

John 13:35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, IF ye have love one to another.

John 14:15 IF ye love me, keep my commandments.

John 15:7 IF ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

John 15:10 IF ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

John 15:14 Ye are my friends, IF ye do whatsoever I command you.

Rom 8:13 For IF ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

1Co 3:17 IF any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

1Co 16:22 IF any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema Maranatha.

Gal 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, IF any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Gal 5:18 But IF ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

1Th 3:8 For now we live, IF ye stand fast in the Lord.

2Th 3:10 For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that IF any would not work, neither should he eat.

2Th 3:14 And IF any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed.

1Ti 5:8 But IF any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

Heb 3:7 Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day IF ye will hear his voice,
Heb 3:8 Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:

Heb 10:38 Now the just shall live by faith: but IF any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.

Heb 12:7 IF ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
Heb 12:8 But IF ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

Jas 1:26 IF any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.

2Pe 1:10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for IF ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

Rev 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: IF any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Rev 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, IF any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

Rev 22:19 And IF any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Rev 13:9 IF any man have an ear, let him hear.

What side of IF have you chosen?

2014/2/3 12:00

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy