SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : SEEING THE GLORY OF GOD by David Wilkerson

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 SEEING THE GLORY OF GOD by David Wilkerson

God allowed Moses to see His glory so that he might be changed by the sight of it—and the same is true for us today. God reveals His glory to us so that by seeing it, we might be changed into His very own image!

Today, Jesus Christ is the express image of who God is. When our Lord became flesh, it was as a full revelation of the heavenly Father's mercy, grace, goodness and readiness to forgive. God wrapped up everything of His nature and character in Jesus. And any revelation of His glory to us now is meant to change us into an expression of Christ.

The apostle Paul understood well the purpose and effect of seeing the glory of God. He saw it as power to change the beholder, to revolutionize the life of every follower of Christ. “But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass (mirror) the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord” (2 Corinthians 3:18).

Paul is telling us, “Once you get this revelation of God’s glory—of His love, mercy, grace, long-suffering and readiness to forgive—the Holy Spirit will continually open your eyes to more of these aspects of His nature and character. You’ll have an ever-increasing revelation of God, in the way He wants to be known to you.”

Paul then says in an even stronger tone: “That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints” (Ephesians 1:17-18).

Beloved, God wants to tell us, “Moses understood My glory, and now I want you to understand it. I want to open your eyes by My Spirit to show you who I am. I’m not just a God of wrath and judgment. My nature is love!”

“That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; and to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God” (3:17-19).

2014/1/30 12:09Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy