SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Prayer Initiative Hopes to Spark Revival

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Prayer Initiative Hopes to Spark Revival

Prayer Initiative Hopes to Spark Revival With Intercession for Politicians
1:00PM EST 1/23/2014 GINA MEEKS

Tom DeLay, the former Republican House majority leader, is helping head up the Josiah Project. (Facebook)

The National Prayer Center is hoping to spark a nationwide revival with its new initiative to pray for and with the country’s elected officials.

The Josiah Project is named after King Josiah of Israel, who led the nation to repent and pray after finding the Book of the Law.

“He tore his clothes and was convicted before the Lord and he saw the condition of the nation, the culture of Israel was in the toilet. They had pushed God out of the public square. Does all this remind you of something?” Tom DeLay, the former Republican House majority leader who is helping the National Prayer Center head up the effort, told TheBlaze.

“Josiah tore down the idols and brought God back into the nation or brought the nation to God. He was probably the most devout king of all the kings, including David,” DeLay added. “So that’s why we named it the Josiah Project. In the presence of where our nation is today.”

Rather than lobbying, prayer intercessors with the Josiah Project will approach members of Congress and state legislatures and offer to pray with and for them, DeLay explained. Chapters will be organized by their congressional districts.

“The Constitution is based upon a higher authority. This government cannot exist in the future if we give that up and put man as the higher authority,” DeLay said. “We need that higher authority and the truth that comes from that higher authority in order for us to survive. Otherwise we’ll find ourselves where we are where man gets to define what truth is and everything crumbles.”

The National Prayer Center, near Capitol Hill, was created to prompt citizens to pray for their leaders, based on 2 Chronicles 7:14, “If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land,” and 1 Timothy 2:1-2, “Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence.”

DeLay said the new project will “put on steroids what the National Prayer Center was. What we’re going to do is we’re going all over the country.”

2014/1/29 12:27Profile
flaglady

Northern New York

Re: Prayer Initiative Hopes to Spark Revival

Pls tell me more
In him
Frannie

2014/1/30 22:44Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy