SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Apostasy {the falling away}

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
budgie

The Apostasy {the falling away}

Paul has warned us in Thessalonians do not be deceived there will be a falling away before the coming of Christ and our gathering together to Him.
2Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
The latest teaching that is now sweeping through the Church and preached by Pastors is that this Falling away (APOSTASY) is in fact the PreTribulation Rapture and that Christians will never see the antichrist and will not even see the peace treaty because the falling away {rapture ) comes first before the revealing of the antichrist.
THESE PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY DECLARING THAT THE PRETRIBULATION RAPTURE IS IN ACTUAL FACT AN APOSTASY
There is actually some truth to that statement they are declaring There is no scriptural proof of a pretrib rapture and they are saying it is apostasy.
Their words not mine.
This is truly the greatest deception and of course the greatest Apostasy.
Do you believe it.
Look at JD Farag on you tube videos

type in (why the rapture of the church has to happen before the seven year tribulation} or (departure of the church comes first} in you tube videos.
It will shock you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxY0FaAQpHs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrOg07PdJUM

Still don't believe it here is another link

http://www.prophecyinthenews.com/book-of-the-month-the-departure/
The specific word apostasy used is as follows, and is used in specific places
The falling away in Greek is Apostasia
G646
ἀποστασία
apostasia
ap-os-tas-ee'-ah
Feminine of the same as G647; defection from truth (properly the state), (“apostasy”): - falling away, forsake.
In the Septuagent we see where this word is used
2Ch 29:18 And they went in to king Ezekias, and said, We have purified all the things in the house of the Lord, the altar of whole-burnt-offering, and its vessels, and the table of shew-bread, and its vessels;
2Ch 29:19 and all the vessels which king Achaz polluted in his reign, in his apostasy, we have prepared and purified: behold, they are before the altar of the Lord.
and again
Jos_22:22 God even God is the Lord, and God even God himself knows, and Israel he shall know; if we have transgressed before the Lord by apostasy, let him not deliver us this day.
and in acts
Act 21:20 And when they heard it, they glorified the Lord, and said unto him, Thou seest, brother, how many thousands of Jews there are which believe; and they are all zealous of the law:
Act 21:21 And they are informed of thee, that thou teachest all the Jews which are among the Gentiles to forsake Moses, saying that they ought not to circumcise their children, neither to walk after the customs.
So the falling away is an apostasy, a falling away from the Truth, a falling away from the teaching or instructions of God
And some Pre Trib Pastors are using this to prove their pretrib theory, how far will it go??
Truly it is a falling away from the truth.
Jesus said that they will believe a lie.
DO NOT BE DECIEVED SEARCH THE SCRIPTURES DILIGENTLY DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU HEAR JUST BECAUSE IT TICKLES THE EAR

2014/1/28 23:42Profile
psalm1

Re: The Apostasy {the falling away}

apostacia means departure,or leaving
"from standing" if you want to get high tech about it.

When the rapture happens,can't you just see folks saying From standing! From standing!

What did you say?

They went from standing ....to...flying up and away like Jesus said.

Seriously,you are inadvertently supporting as pretrib rapture.

Just 3 verses later Paul says vs 7"until he be taken away"
vs 8 "then shall that wicked one be revealed"

That makes 2 departures ahead of the AC revealing.

What was that about harmony in the word again?

2014/3/16 22:21Profile
budgie

Re: thanks for your reply PSALM1

You have stated PSALM1 by your reply that you believe and also support that the Harpazo is in actual fact an Apostasy, and that the Apostasy is in actual fact the Harpazo.

It is so very important when looking at the Hebrew words, Greek words as well as English words that are used in scripture, to look how they are used and also the context that these words are used.

Especially in the Greek and Hebrew.

In every place that the word apostasia is used in the New Testament as well as used in the Septuagint Old Testament it is always used in the context of departing from truth, transgressing from truth.

I for one am very happy to align myself with the scripture and especially how the specific words are used as well as the context of scripture.

I for one will not declare that the Harpazo is an Apostasy, and I will not declare that the Apostasy is the Harpazo.

Two very separate and distinctive words.

The Harpazo is the Harpazo

The Apostasy is the Apostasy

It might help if you were to look at all scriptural verses and the context of the verses before assuming an answer.

Do you still declare PSALM1 openly that the Apostasy is the Rapture and the Harpazo is actually an Apostasy.

I do declare that before the Coming of Christ and before we are gathered to Him will come an Apostasy, a fallig away from truth, a transgressing of truth and also declare that before Jesus comes the antichrist will have to be revealed and that Jesus will destroy the antichrist at His Glorious and Bright Coming

Praise God for His Word is True

PSALM1 As for the Taken away verses that you refer to please look at my thread regarding this very verse and the translations and the meaning of the words
You will see that the word taken does not mean to be removed or taken out of the way
It means quite the opposite
It means to come into existence or into being out of the midst, no mention and no meaning to be removed.
The hidden antichrist will come into existence out of the midst of the people then he will be revealed and Jesus will come, we will be resurrected and Jesus will destroy this revealed antichrist

2014/3/16 23:52Profile
psalm1

Re: budgie

You do not need all those sentances.
No need to educate every single member here with an in depth thesis.

Anyone with internet can access the greek interlinear and dictionary.

Stop trying to impress and discuss the issues without all the rabbit trails please.

The word in question is apastacia.

It is a fact plain and simple that it has a meaning.
You do not have a special window into it that nobody else has.

It (apastacia) means to depart,or leave.

2014/3/17 23:00Profile
budgie

Re: PSALM1

Thanks PSALM1 for your reply

I am not out to impress any one

I have presented scriptures as well as other as not all look up or study scripture

I do apologise to you

To keep it short and in context I will proceed

Paul states that Jesus will not be coming and will not be gathering us to Him, including Paul until first comes the apostasy (and) the revealing of the son of perdition

Paul then goes into detail and actually describes the apostasy and also the revealing of the son of perdition

Paul states that the apostasy is

2Th 2:7 For the mystery of lawlessness already is working, only he is holding back now, until it comes out of the midst.
2Th 2:8 And then "the Lawless One" will be revealed, "whom" "the Lord" "will consume" "by the spirit of His mouth," and will bring to nought by the brightness of His presence. Isa. 11:4
2Th 2:9 His coming is according to the working of Satan in all power and miraculous signs and lying wonders,
2Th 2:10 and in all deceit of unrighteousness in those being lost, because they did not receive the love of the truth in order for them to be saved.
2Th 2:11 And because of this, God will send to them a working of error, for them to believe the lie,
2Th 2:12 that all may be judged, those not believing the truth, but who have delighted in unrighteousness.

As you can see, the apostasy is turning away from truth and following or believing a lie

Paul then commends us and says to us

2Th 2:15 So, then, brothers, stand firm and strongly hold the teachings you were taught, whether by word or by our letter.
2Th 2:16 But may our Lord Himself, Jesus Christ, and our God and Father, the One having loved us and having given everlasting comfort and good hope by grace,
2Th 2:17 encourage your hearts, and may He establish you in every good word and work.

Paul wants us to stand firm, and hold strongly onto the teachings

2014/3/19 0:12Profile
psalm1

Re:

....and I am still telling you the word has a meaning.
It is simply to depart. to leave.That is all.
From the faith is ADDED.

It COULD BE
It COULD NOT BE.

2014/3/19 11:56Profile
budgie

Re: Verses in context

I was looking at how Paul writes his letters and have noticed that Paul always starts with a subject and then expands on the subject and the dangers and at the end always seems to commend the believer, with a word of encouragement or direction.

I then looked at 2 Thess 2 and noticed that Paul does the same here.

Paul is talking about the Coming of Jesus and our gathering together to Him at that time.

Paul then goes on and says to not be deceived because Jesus does not come and we will not be gathered to Him until first comes the following.

The Apostasy and the revealing of the son of perdition

Paul then goes on in detail and actually describes what is the apostasy and also describes in detail the revealing of the son of perdition.

Both are described clearly

Paul talks of the Apostasy as follows

The son of perdition comes in the power of satan, with miraculous signs and lying wonders (satan is the father of lies)

He comes in all deceit of unrighteousness in those being lost, because they did not receive the love of the truth in order for them to be saved.

And because of the above God will send them a working error for them to believe the lie, that all may be judged, those not believing the truth, but who have delighted in unrighteousness.

As you can see by what Paul has said, the Apostasy is described as a people that follow a lie, they do this because they delight in unrighteousness, they did not receive the love of the Truth.

It is interesting to note that when this same word is looked up in the Septuagint it is again referring to the same.

2Ch 29:18 And they went in to king Ezekias, and said, We have purified all the things in the house of the Lord, the altar of whole-burnt-offering, and its vessels, and the table of shew-bread, and its vessels;
2Ch 29:19 and all the vessels which king Achaz polluted in his reign, in his apostasy, we have prepared and purified: behold, they are before the altar of the Lord.

Joshua 22:22 God even God is the Lord, and God even God himself knows, and Israel he shall know; if we have transgressed before the Lord by apostasy, let him not deliver us this day.

Jer 2:19 Thine apostasy shall correct thee, and thy wickedness shall reprove thee: know then, and see, that thy forsaking me has been bitter to thee, saith the Lord thy God; and I have taken no pleasure in thee, saith the Lord thy God.

In the above verses it refers to a people and person who have turned away from Gods truth, a person that has defiled Gods Holy place, a people who have transgressed Gods Law

A nation who has transgressed Gods Law

It is interesting to note that Paul then goes on to commend the believer and says the following

Brothers stand firm and strongly hold the teachings you were taught, whether by word or by letter

May we be established in every good work and work

Paul does not want us to turn and follow a lie, Paul wants us to stay grounded in truth

May we all encourage each other to love Righteousness and take pleasure in Righteousness.

There are sadly some today in the body of Christ that take pleasure in unrighteousness

We need to help them to not fall

So as you can see in the context of 2 Thess 2 the way Paul speaks of the Apostasy and also the revealing of the son of perdition Paul has expounded it well and left us with an encouragement

Paul does not want us to be deceived.

2014/3/24 5:41Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy