SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : He promises us to keep us from the time of testing

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
budgie

He promises us to keep us from the time of testing

Rev_3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

Oh how this verse has been taken out of context, many say that when Jesus (KEEP} us from the time of testing that this means that he removes us, takes us away from, that we do not go through it. How far from the Truth.
Let us look at this verse again.

Rev 3:10 BecauseG3754 thou hast keptG5083 theG3588 wordG3056 of myG3450 patience,G5281 I alsoG2504 will keepG5083 theeG4571 fromG1537 theG3588 hourG5610 of temptation,G3986 which shallG3195 comeG2064 uponG1909 allG3650 theG3588 world,G3625 to tryG3985 themG3588 that dwellG2730 uponG1909 theG3588 earth.G1093

The way we (keep) His word is exactly the same way He keeps us from (the time of testing that will come on the earth)
This word to keep means to protect or guard, to keep an eye on.

G5083

τηρέω
tēréō; contracted tērṓ, fut. tērḗsō, from tērós (n.f.), a warden, guard. To keep an eye on, watch, and hence to guard, keep, obey, trans.:

So if we guard his word in our hearts He will guard us in exactly the same way.

Jesus will protect us from the testing that will come, what is this testing?

G3985

πειράζω
peirázō; fut. peirásō, from peíra (G3984), experience, trial. To try, to prove in either a good or bad sense, tempt, test by soliciting to sin. Similar to peiráō (G3987), to assay.

So if we KEEP,PROTECT,KEEP AN EYE on His word he will KEEP,PROTECT,KEEP AN EYE on us in the time of testing to reveal and to prove that the sinners are sinful and that our hearts are righteous.

Rev_12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.
Rev_14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
Rev_22:9 Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God.

KEEP THE TRUTH OF GODS WORD IN YOUR HEART AND HE WILL KEEP YOU IN TIMES OF TESTING

This next verse is so true

1Co_10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
THE WAY OF ESCAPE IS THAT WE MAY BE GIVEN THE STRENGTH TO BEAR IT.

Right now at this very moment while I am writing this there are children being hung in china in front of their parents because their parents will not deny their faith, there are grandparents being killed in north korea because their son or daughter will not deny their faith, there are parents being run over and crushed to death their heads exploding by road compactors because they will not deny their faith and we want our ears tickled.
Please God forgive us for our soulish and selfish desires while Jesus as the Son of God was punched, spat on, shamed, kicked, whipped, flesh was torn from his body, stripped naked, mocked by all, clothes gambled for, crucified, speared in the side,His face unrecognisable took all of our sins and then stated FATHER FORGIVE THEM FOR THEY DO NOT KNOW WHAT THEY DO.
there was no selfishness in the heart of Jesus, He as God Humbled Himself as a Slave for You and Me.
Look at stephen
Act 7:59 And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.
Act 7:60 And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep.
God please give us the strength to bear all that comes our way for the Glory of Your Name, may we also say Father forgive them.

2014/1/25 16:21Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy