SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Lose Your Place in This World

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Heavenlyman

Australia

Re: URGENCY

[size=xx-small]Quote:[/size]
[size=xx-small]Is any one else experiencing a sense of URGENCY in thier spirit?[/size]
[size=xx-small]I am. I feel on one hand the impedning judgement that looms right now. I also feel the grief that God feels concerning this and a frustration and despair toward those who hear the message and don't listen. God is angry people and the judgment is at hand, take hold of God in the spirit like never before lest you get swept away by the judgement.[/size]

I am feeling the same way, it is that there is an urgency in the air, last night we are in the prayer meeting at the church the pastor feel so strong to pray for the nation, and so on as we all praying in spirit, I know my friend recieve a vision from God, she is a very new in full on christianity, I ask her what the Lord shown her she burst out crying, she ask me how I know that she saw a vision?, she told me she saw 3 Angels coming down from heaven with undescribable brightness and behind them follow a massive amount of angels the sky were darkness around ...
I have to finished this I can't go on
Keep your mind and heart incline to the Holy Spirit and His word.
May God Almighty bless you

2005/4/5 20:14Profile
Mekdi

Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

Re:

"Is the silent recognition enough for me?"

This has been my struggle too.

"I feel on one hand the impedning judgement that looms right now!"

I always ponder on the thought what the coming judgment will be like on God’s church. Aren’t we already judged? Is’nt the church already in the Babylonish captivity? Didn’t the world invade and enslave us already? Aren’t we under the influence of Amalek? Lack of Power, Lack of the richness of the Lord, depravity, blindness,etc, don’t these prevail in the Church? What more we expect? Is it Judgment or purging that is coming? Please make clear to me what characterizes this anticipated judgment. If there is an area that I am completely ignorant, am willing to learn and hear.

Your sis.
Mekdi

2005/4/6 5:40Profile
Spitfire

Re: Coming Judgement

Dear Mekdi. I believe the judgement is against the false church or religion, if you will. Here in North America, there's a huge, I mean huge amount of churches filled with religious people who are going to hell. The proclaim that they are Christian, but they are pharisees. I believe the judgement of God has already been issued to separate the false from the true, and those who do not respond to the call of God to examine themselves, but resist him because of spiritual pride, will be left to their own deception, and great will be that deception. The deception will be so great, that they will think they are doing God a favor when they kill those who oppose them. It will actually be this false church who will persecute the true believers. What may look like a judgement because of our suffering persecution is actually a blessing because Jesus said, "Blessed are you when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you." Matt 5:11 & 12.
The actual judgement of God will be the leaving of people to their own deception. They will simply be groping around in their nakedness thinking they are rich and fully clothed. Love, Dian.

2005/4/6 6:35Profile
Mekdi

Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

Re:

Dian dear, good to see you on threads always.

“They will simply be groping around in their nakedness thinking they are rich and fully clothed”

You made a point here! The era we are in is spiritual. You don’t see things happen physically on the “seen” realm so it makes it more frightening! Don’t we have to be alert Sis., -always sharp in spirit, foreheads down before the Lord so that we be not taken up with this apostasy?! “ Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness. Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up!” Jam.4 9,10 I cry for my self Sis.!

Your sis.

Mekdi

2005/4/6 9:16Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Lose Your Place in This World

There are times when just a cut or two doesn't quite 'cut' it...

[i]"The Lord has been impressing this upon me the last few days. So I thought I'd post it for others to ponder as well.

Are you willing to lose your place in this world? Are you willing to be nothing so that Christ can be ALL?

Am I realy willing to let go of all my preconceived notions of what the Lord wants to do in and through me. How many times do we have these ideas of how the Lord is going to use us in this way or that way. And we come up dissappointed. But really it wasn't His idea in the first place, it was our own expectations.

Is the silent recognition from the Lord enough for me? Or do I desire that my deeds and "religion" be applauded and recognized before men.

"I am nothing more than a styrofoam cup, after drinking the water you simply crush it and throw it away. The cup is nothing, it's what the cup contains that is important." -C.Brogden

Surrendered to Him, Chanin[/i]

Thank you sister. This has been percolating in the thought pattern ever since you first posted it.

A couple of quotes come to mind:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"We try to do God’s work for Him, and God has to wait until we are passive enough to let Him work in us. To believe in Jesus means retiring and letting God take the mastership inside. That is all God asks of us. Have we ever got into the way of letting God work, or are we so amazingly important that we really wonder in our nerves and ways what the Almighty does before we are up in the morning! We are so certain we know what is right, and if we don’t always keep at it God cannot get on. Compare that view with the grand, marvellous working of God in the life of the Lord Jesus. Our Lord did not work for God; He said, “The Father that dwelleth in Me, He doeth the works.” Have we any faith in God at all?"

Oswald Chambers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Becomes so subtle ... it goes everywhere. What is it?

In essence it is this: that this philosophical postulate at the end of all being is the happiness of man has been a sort of, covered over with evangelical terms and Biblical doctrine until God reigns in Heaven for the happiness of man, Jesus Christ was incarnate for the happiness of man, all the Angels exist in the... Everything is for the happiness of man!

And I submit to you that this is un-Christian!

Christianity says... "The end of all being is the glory of God."

Humanism says, "The end of all being is the happiness of man."

This is the betrayal of the ages!!

And it's the betrayal in which we live and I don't see how God can revive it!
Until we come back to Christianity.

Isn't man happy?
And God intend to make you happy? But as a byproduct and not a prime product."

Paris Reidhead
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"The more and longer I live, the more I find I don’t know.

Two years ago, God gave me a word, for the New Year. I don’t go scattering through The Book to find one. The Lord gave me a word: 'Rejection'.
Great!"

Leonard Ravenhill

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This, dear sister, so difficult to break away from the whole of it and if anyone would have a right to speak of such things it would be yourself, considering the events over the past months.

'[i]Am I realy willing to let go of all my preconceived notions of what the Lord wants to do in and through me. How many times do we have these ideas of how the Lord is going to use us in this way or that way. And we come up dissappointed. But really it wasn't His idea in the first place, it was our own expectations.[/i]

This keeps coming back to same train of thought that Dian brought out awhile back, such a grand summary:

"What is literal fundamentalism? If God created all of us, how could he be cruel in allowing all of us to go to hell? Can't he do whatever he wishes with his own creation? The creator isn't cruel even if he chooses to destroy his creation and begin again. He can do this as many times as he likes. [b]This whole conversation makes me think of some sci-fi movie where the robots take over.[/b]"

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4725&forum=35&start=20&viewmode=flat&order=1]3 new church movements seemingly at odds[/url]

Recent days have found this particular fool back in the fires... and Praise God for it, as seemingly contradictory as that may sound. Particular circumstances are beyond 'unpleasant', impossible more like, short of the Lord's intervention, will spare the details. But not too many weeks back the sense of the Lord's abiding and carrying through it all was that of singing sweet melodys while walking through the carnage, now it it seems just the opposite as it has grown worse in so many ways and that twist on the "Footsteps" little ditty about being carried... Remember "Buttprints"? Here: [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=1970&forum=35#12695]Butt Prints in the Sand[/url]

Imperfect analogy, but the essenece is;
What of it?

Is it stopped up ears?
Rebellion?
Know and intentional sin?
Pride?
Exhaustion?
Trying to hard?
Not doing anything at all?

How about...

"Joh 3:8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit."

Been carrying this around for a few days and find it mirroring Leonard Ravenhills quote above:

Perhaps the Lord would have you miserable?
And without any explanation whatsoever...
But just to carry a taste of His suffering
For reasons that you may never know or understand...
Are you willing still?

Lest the wrong idea get implanted, not depression, not 'pity' nor sympathy, not all the fleshly reasonings or a multitude of 'causes' or be-cause's. Certainly God does nothing capriciously, without some end in mind, namely His.

Again:

Joh 21:22 Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, [b]what is that to thee? follow thou me[/b].

Quote:
Is the silent recognition from the Lord enough for me?

What if even the recognition is (seemingly)removed for a spell?

Joh 6:54 The one who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him to life on the last day. Joh 6:55 For my flesh is real food, and my blood is real drink. Joh 6:56 The person who eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in him. Joh 6:57 Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will also live because of me. Joh 6:58 This is the bread that came down from heaven, not the kind that your ancestors ate. They died, but the one who eats this bread will live forever." Joh 6:59 He said this while teaching in the synagogue at Capernaum. Joh 6:60 When many of his disciples heard this, they said, [b]"This is a difficult statement. Who can accept it?"[/b] Joh 6:61 But Jesus, knowing in himself that his disciples were grumbling about this, said to them, "Does this offend you? Joh 6:62 What if you saw the Son of Man going up to the place where he was before?
Joh 6:63 [b] It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh is useless. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life[/b]. Joh 6:64 But there are some among you [b]who do not believe[/b]." For from the beginning Jesus knew those who wouldn't believe, as well as the one who would betray him. Joh 6:65 So he said, "That's why I told you that no one can come to me unless it be granted him by the Father." Joh 6:66 As a result, many of his disciples turned back and no longer associated with him.

54 and 55
Could this be meant differently than we may be want to think? Could it be more in line with...

Phi 3:10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, [b]and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;[/b]

Could this be the end in mind?
Will we believe yet still?

2005/4/6 9:35Profile
moreofHim

Re: flesh

This is what it came down to for me: FLESH.

[b]For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.[/b] Gal. 5:17

And what a war it is!

The only way to win it is to SURRENDER. To put the white flag up. Yes, you can wrestle if you choose, as Jacob wrestled, but in the end, if you are smart you will lay down and just give it all up. "I surrender"

This is what I had to do. i had such a war going on in me. Is this God? Is this the enemy, is this my flesh? it was so disturbing. i was trying to hang on to something and my flesh had me so deceived. I had let myself become blinded.

Funny thing though, I knew without a doubt that eventually the Lord would pull me through-- but it took me to take the first move- to lay down on the ground in tears and just say "fine, I give up". And suddenly peace came over me.

But in that surrender, all my ideas and plans went out the window and I had to just sit there and say "ok, from this minute on, You plan each step and and each day." i knew that He didn't want me to make my own plans, or gather my own ideas of how things should be. To just let him lead as He sees fit everyday. it is so hard because you don't know. You aren't in control at all. He is. And that is the way He wants it.

When you aren't feeling peace, you know it is not God's will. I struggled thinking well, it's just the enemy fighting me on this. But no, I was fooling myself. if God wants to do something with me, He can certainly orchestrate everything about it and i won't have to do anything of my own flesh.

This helped me as well:

""Focus on My footsteps. The ways that other men walk are not your concern. Jesus every day sought the path of the Father's will. Never once was He deflected for a moment by the way of life that others were pursuing. So must you do.

Walk alone with Me, and although I may use you to minister to many, follow none. FOLLOW ME.

This is the inmost secret of a holy life: the doing of My will. I am more pleased with your obedience than with your understanding- although you have a tendancy to be more concerned with the latter!" (F.J.R.- on the highroad to surrender)

Looking at other's walks and listening to so many voices can really hinder things.

[b]Lord, please help me to be content with the path you have laid out for me. I know all I have to do is follow You, yet my eyes are diverted many times to the path of others- as well as just little rabbit trails of "needing to know". So many times I look to the left and to the right. Listening to this voice and that voice, searching to fill me up. Yet, only YOU can satisfy! I will keep my eyes fixed on You.[/b]

surrendered to Him, Chanin

2005/4/6 9:58Profile
moreofHim

Re: chambers

Mike,

Quote:
"We try to do God’s work for Him, and God has to wait until we are passive enough to let Him work in us. To believe in Jesus means retiring and letting God take the mastership inside. That is all God asks of us. Have we ever got into the way of letting God work, or are we so amazingly important that we really wonder in our nerves and ways what the Almighty does before we are up in the morning! We are so certain we know what is right, and if we don’t always keep at it God cannot get on. Compare that view with the grand, marvellous working of God in the life of the Lord Jesus. Our Lord did not work for God; He said, “The Father that dwelleth in Me, He doeth the works.” Have we any faith in God at all?"

-O. Chambers

Exactly!

2005/4/6 10:03Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

heavenlyman
I pray also that you stay focused on the spirit of God. I have seen the armies of the enemy moving, I have also seen heaven's armies preparing for war, it's about to be on...

2005/4/6 14:30Profile
Smokey

Edmonton Alberta Cda.

Re:

1 Peter 4:17
For the time will come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begins with us, what shall the end of them that obey not the gospel of God.

Over the last few weeks, I have become addicted to listening to the old sermons. I feel that the Lord has led me to listen to some very specific messages, and I am convinced that judgment is at the door for God's church. There are an overwelming number of congregations that operate entirely on man made programs. How can God NOT judge us?

Luke 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up and lift your hands, for your redemption draweth nigh.

Greg

2005/4/6 19:19Profile
moreofHim

Re: willing vessel

There is no lack of supply with the Lord. There is only a lack of willing vessels. The oil kept flowing until there were no more vessels to fill. A willing vessel is both yielded and empty. A vessel which is unwilling to be used cannot receive of the Infinite Supply. And a vessel which is already full cannot receive. The Life of the Lord is always looking for expression through a willing vessel that is both yielded and empty.

It is never a question of how to get the Life to flow, or how to get the Lord to move. To tap into the Infinite Supply it is only a matter of being yielded to the Lord and emptied of ourselves. When this happens then the Life will flow of its own accord. On the negative side, this Life answers to every assault of the Adversary and stops his harassment against us. On the positive side, this Life supplies us with all the spiritual resources we need to maintain our abiding relationship with the Lord Jesus. With less of me, there will be more of the Lord: this is a spiritual law. Therefore, "He must increase, but I must decrease" (John 3:30). -C. Brogden

decreasing everyday, Chanin

2005/4/27 18:47Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy