SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A public apology

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

A public apology

Hey everyone...

I need to issue an apology to everyone here. Last friday I decided to extend a little humor in honor of April Fools Day. I did not intend to offend anyone, or to do something that was disrespectful to the people who run this site. I only wanted to give everyone a chuckle.

A few people understood this right off the bat, and got the humor behind it. Some did not. Greg posted a portion of the board rules, and explained why he felt the joke was in bad taste.

Some may not agree with him, but that does not matter. The fact is, these are [b]his[/b] rules, and as such they are subject to his interpretation of them. He understands the spirit behind his rules, even tho some may not.

So... to everyone who was offended by the joke, and to Greg who obviously was quite upset at me about it... I apologize and ask your forgiveness.

Greg wishes that this board be used for the discussion of scripture and revival... including the area called [b]Lounge[/b] which is described as "Talk about anything underneath the sun! Use this section to discuss and share things that really don't fit in the other sections of the forum."

I will respect him on this, and I hope everyone here does as well.

Lest anyone think that I will temper my posts concerning doctrines or scripture... dont get excited. That wont happen. But I will continue to treat everyone with respect even when there is sharp disagreement.

Krispy

2005/4/4 8:55

Re: A public apology

It's been brought to my attention thru PM that my apology seems to be less than sincere since I quote the description of the Lounge in a manner that the PM'er felt was being used to justify my joke.

Please note that I am not apologizing for misunderstanding what seems to be a rather subjective description. However, now that Greg's intention for the lounge has been clarified, we should all agree to respect that.

What I [b]am[/b] apologizing for is offending some people with my using this website to post a joke thread... I did not intent to offend anyone, and certainly did not anticipate it causing offense. So I ask forgiveness from those who I did offend.

Krispy

2005/4/4 10:05
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: A public apology

Again thanks brother...

And perhaps for different reasons altogether. Had mixed feelings to be honest about that particular post. Of course I 'got it' though for a brief second did entertain the thought that maybe you had joined a cult... ;-)

It's tricky sometimes around here. On the one hand there are times when it seems we take ourselves far to seriously and others when it borders on the flippant. Intentions and timing don't always go hand in hand. Without overstating it or standing in his stead to look at things from Greg's perspective I do understand his concerns.

Have no illusions whatsoever that the Lord raised up this man and put it into his heart to birth this noble and needy ministry [i]for just a time as this[/i]. To unearth what seemed to be practically on par with finding the dead sea scrolls in my estimation all these blessed and mostly dead men to speak once again to this generation. The difference in thought compared to what is now so much 'preached' in our day... One would think that we were almost a different religion altogether, but it is still the same message, as been stated before "normal Christianity", what we have now...

Back to the point, now that Greg is not able to be as involved to the extent that he once was due to the course of study that the Lord has him pursuing, it falls to us all to help maintain the heart and unity of spirit if I may, that has been so prevalent here and that I might add set's us a bit apart form a lot of the normal fare. Not better than nor that we hold some corner on the truth, but that the tendencies of some of these types of gatherings sadly dissolve into infighting, snipping, controversies etc. etc.

Quote:
Greg wishes that this board be used for the discussion of scripture and revival... including the area called Lounge which is described as "Talk about anything underneath the sun! Use this section to discuss and share things that really don't fit in the other sections of the forum."

Certainly that is true and elsewhere hope there was some communication understood by this not being a constraining type of sharing of thought, experience or opinions, nor that everything has to be addressed toward revival... maybe it's just when the "Lounge" starts becoming the "House" as it were. At one point to try and break up a bit of the absurdity of our taking ourselves too seriously, there was an injection of "The lighter side" being that so much of what is discussed here is of a serious nature and with that a sense of humbling and realizing that we are still very much in progress and can be quite humorous, mere creatures that we are.

Just hope this all doesn't get misconstrued, none of this is supposed to be air tight, nor is it to be just a place where anyone can just pop in and start rearranging the furniture.

Thanks brother for helping here.

2005/4/4 10:07Profile

Re:

Mike... wish i could write as eloquently as you!

Quote:
Have no illusions whatsoever that the Lord raised up this man and put it into his heart to birth this noble and needy ministry for just a time as this.

I'm with you, I am very grateful to Greg for starting this site. It is a breath of fresh air, to be sure!

Quote:
it falls to us all to help maintain the heart and unity of spirit if I may, that has been so prevalent here and that I might add set's us a bit apart form a lot of the normal fare.

You have no idea how correct you are, and we all need to agree to remain as respectful as we can to each other... without compromising what we believe.

Thank you, brother Mike for your input. I appreciate your involvement here, and find you to be very merciful and graceful. Keep it up!

Quote:
Intentions and timing don't always go hand in hand.

Yea... I reckon a joke on April Fools Day was bad timing... :-o

Krispy

2005/4/4 10:31

Re:

Quote:
Had mixed feelings to be honest about that particular post. Of course I 'got it' though for a brief second did entertain the thought that maybe you had joined a cult...

Mike Mike Mike... you should know by now... I wouldnt [i]join[/i] a cult. I would [b]start[/b] one!

:-P

Krispy

2005/4/4 10:39
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

You are killing me here...

Just out the door and ...

Quote:
Yea... I reckon a joke on April Fools Day was bad timing

Meant more in the light of 'recent developments' I.E. some of the stuff that had been going on in weeks past... perhaps under different circumstances...

You are appreciated brother, a quick side note refering back to that strong stand on scripture...

Read a little book this morning that might go a long way in helping some of the 'prosperity' teachings of our day, if we could get them to read it. It won't make the best sellers list by any strecth of the imagination;

Lamentations

2005/4/4 10:45Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy