SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Home Fellowship Meeting on How to Conquer the world - brother Edgar

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Home Fellowship Meeting on How to Conquer the world - brother Edgar

Saints,

This is the notes of a powerful bible study that brother Edgar gave in Toronto, Canada. If you are interested to join his group you can email: edgar@gospelfellowships.net

---

Home Fellowship Notes 8: WASHING FEET.

Discussion question: If we want to conquer the world for Christ what character traits do we need? How should we go about winning the hearts of men and women? Battle the conventional way with weapons? Battle with words? Argue? Not by might nor by power but by My Spirit says the Lord.

Read JOHN CHAPTER 13:1-17, John 13:34,35.

What does humbleness mean?
What position does Jesus have in the kingdom of God?
Who used to do the foot washing in a Jewish household?
What did Jesus do in John Chapter 13? Was He really a king and a conqueror? Was He really the creator? Was He really the Son of God?
What did the 12 disciples, followers of Jesus expect from Jesus? Reign as the Messiah. Zech. 9:9,10; Psalm 2. Set up His kingdom. Overthrow the Romans.
How did the disciples want for Jesus to behave? To behave as a ruler. Why would Jesus act so diametrically opposed to what was expected of Him in the world as a ruler?
What weapons did Jesus use to win the world? Love, humility and sacrifice. He loved not his own life unto death.
Why was Jesus doing this? He was teaching them to win the world, to become fisher’s of men, to win humans for His kingdom. He is asking us to do and act like Him.
What did Jesus expect them to learn? In the kingdom of God and with men you succeed through love, humility and sacrifice. The meek shall inherit the earth. Matthew 5:3-12.
When a person is humble what emotions does that evoke in others? Love, respect, eliminates competition, it leads to unity, we become one, the Holy Spirit is enabled to empower us.
What did Jesus expect them to do? John 13:14,15 What does Jesus expect us to do today?
Did the disciples understand? John 13:7 Luke 22;24-26. They did not understand and just before Jesus was taken captive they argued who would be greatest.
What was “new” in the commandment in John 13:34-35? Jesus expects us to love each other as He has loved us. He gave His life for us. He expects us to give our lives for each other. He expects us to wash feet.
Should we physically wash each other’s feet to fulfill Jesus’ command? The act of washing feet was a custom during Jesus’ time when people walked in sandals on dusty roads. The washing of feet by the creator of the universe was done to show us how much He loved us and to teach us to do the same by acting in love, humility and respect towards our fellow men. Some small denominations believe it should be done physically. Others believe it is how we should act towards each other. Who do you know that washes feet? Do you feel this is necessary to act as a Christian should?
A good starting point is found in Phillippians 2. Esteem others better than yourself says the Word of God. Yes but who does that? I try to do this as best as I can with the help from the Lord. Every person I meet I try to esteem better than myself based on three principles: Every person is made in the image of God, every person has a soul that exceeds the riches of the world, and every person can do at least one thing better than I can.
So. I look for your beauty and not your faults. I look for your strength and not your weaknesses.
This year I will not argue so much the Word of God. I will “do” the Word of God.

Luke 6:46

“But why do you call Me ‘Lord,Lord,’ and not do the things which I say?

Ask someone to help you identify your blind spots. If you need help it should be given based on Ephesians 4:2 with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love,

Unity comes from love, humility and sacrifice.
hum·ble həmbəl/
adjective

having or showing a modest or low estimate of one's own importance.

"he was humble about his stature as one of rock history's most influential guitarists"

synonyms:

meek, deferential, respectful, submissive, diffident, self-effacing,unassertive; More

of low social, administrative, or political rank.

"she came from a humble, unprivileged background"

synonyms:

lowly, working-class, lower-class, poor, undistinguished, mean,modest, ignoble, low-born, plebeian, underprivileged; More

verb

lower (someone) in dignity or importance.

"I knew he had humbled himself to ask for my help"

synonyms:

humiliate, abase, demean, lower, degrade, debase; More

2014/1/20 23:34Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy