SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Signs and wonders

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Signs and wonders

Today I read someone proclaiming how God is so great because of a fire that ripped through a California neighborhood but a cross stood and was not burned. I asked myself if this was truly a sign of God or just happenstance.

Then I read a story that lightning hit the finger of the statue of Jesus in Brazil. The media would like to play this up to something sensational and yet is it?

My conclusion is that most signs and wonders should be happening in the lives of people and not necessarily on
'things' unless it is to give a group of people some kind of hope but where is the plumb line on such a thing?

John

2014/1/18 22:37Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Signs and wonders

Brother,

You need not to be watching news like this where they just pick and choose random events in the world to broadcast. We must read God's Word and have a personal relationship with the Lord in prayer nothing else then this will help us from being deceived by the world system or by doubts from the enemy.

Jesus Christ is coming back soon for a Bride that is living for Him. Are we going to be part of that number or be full of unbelief and not testifying of the Lord. Miracles are happening all over the world where the Gospel is being clearly preached and proclaimed. We are thankful for this that it verifies that Jesus Christ is the only Son of God.

I love you brother.

Introduction Letter (pdf)
http://gospelfellowships.net/pdf/principlesbookintroductionletter.pdf

2014/1/18 23:59Profile

Re:

Yes, "He is coming back for a people living for him".

"Without holiness no one will see the Lord" Heb 12:14

Ask yourself where that scripture leaves you, or do you ignore it or explain it away?

(Speaking to any reader).

2014/1/19 16:18
Lysa

East TN (for now)

Quote:
DEADn wrote:
My conclusion is that most signs and wonders should be happening in the lives of people and not necessarily on
'things' unless it is to give a group of people some kind of hope but where is the plumb line on such a thing?

I agree with you that signs should be happening in the lives of people but stranger things have happened that makes a plumb line go all weird!! Where a tornado ripped through a town and church but the Bible remained on the pulpit opened!

God bless,
Lisa

2014/1/19 18:50Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

Lysa
How do you explain such a thing? Should it be explained? Should things like that be a part of any witness as sign or a wonder or should it be left alone?

2014/1/19 19:27Profile
Lysa

East TN (for now)

Re: DEADn

Quote:
DEADn wrote:
How do you explain such a thing? Should it be explained? Should things like that be a part of any witness as sign or a wonder or should it be left alone?

I can’t explain it all and I don’t think anybody can but people will use it as a witness.

I’m just speculating here and not trying to disagree with Greg but if it’s part of someone’s personal “witness,” like what led them to the Lord, it would be part of their witness.

I remember the Bible being on the news but it eventually went away with the news but it never went away with that church; it is part of that church’s testimony of coming through the storm. And cross standing untouched after the fire will part of that town’s testimony of coming through the fire! Do you see what I’m trying to say?

When I was backslidden, the Lord used a secular Hollywood movie to speak to me! I know harden Christians won’t believe that God did that but He did... for me! Praise His holy name! And He also used words to a couple of secular songs I heard on the radio. God is NOT above using what is around you to your attention.

We can’t worship this stuff but we can’t discount it all together.

God bless,
Lisa

2014/1/20 4:31Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

If the Lord impresses something upon your heart, and you can take away something meaningful and edifying from what appears to be something of a "random" event, then let God speak to you through that. I would hold off on calling any such thing a "miracle." But if it means something to you in the Lord, let it be that.

I seem to recall Jacob falling asleep on a stone one night, having a dream about God, and waking up the next morning and turning that stone into a place of worship, and naming it Bethel. Was there anything significant about the stone in itself? No. It was just an ordinary heap of stones. But it's where he encountered God, which was good enough for him.

2014/1/20 8:49Profile
used4him

Re:

I appreciated those stories of crosses standing, bibles opened, because they are a physical sign of a real God. In my life He has done that.

One time I was really in a discouraging place, in a very heavy trial. As I was driving down an interstate, a semi drove by. I usually didn't notice them, but this one was like brand new, beautiful silver all over, with red lights going around it. Then I read what was on the back "God is still in control". That was as if God was personally telling me that, how comforting.

I have had other instances of "physical signs" showing me God is hearing me, but won't share all the testimonies here. I don't look for these, and of course rely on the bible as my source of guidance.

I think about the rainbow in the sky showing Noah God's promise to him. Since God made the universe He certainly can do anything to speak to us.

2014/1/20 11:43Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy