SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Is your God whom you serve continually able to keep you from sinning?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Is your God whom you serve continually able to keep you from sinning?

A pagan king who loved Daniel asked him:

"O Daniel, servant of the living God, is thy God, whom thou servest continually, able to deliver thee from the lions?"

Today, a pagan world is looking at “Christianity” and wondering: “Is your God whom you serve continually able to keep you from sinning?” Sin is the ugly gnawing roaring beast that is devouring every aspect of their lives and destroying entire societies, yet the message that they hear from the church is: “We all sin every day”. The church is presenting a powerless God. The church is presenting a God that even after sending His Son to “destroy the works of the devil” that weak powerless God still does not quite have what it takes to keep his children out of the jaws of the beast.

The God that the modern church world presents is completely different from the God of the Bible!

My second language is Spanish. When I read these verses in the Spanish Bible, it makes me see that the real Greek definition has an even deeper meaning:

1Th 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
1Th 5:24 Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

The words: “preserved blameless” in Spanish read: “guardado irreprensible” … which gave my English mind a picture of “guarded irreprehensible”.

So I pull the Greek definitions for the two words “preserved” and “blameless”, and this is what I find:

PRESERVED: G5083
τηρέω
tēreō
Thayer Definition:
1) to attend to carefully, take care of
1a) to guard
1b) metaphorically to keep, one in the state in which he is
1c) to observe
1d) to reserve: to undergo something
Part of Speech: verb
A Related Word by Thayer’s/Strong’s Number: from teros (a watch, perhaps akin to G2334)
Citing in TDNT: 8:140, 1174

BLAMELESS: G274
ἀμέμπτως
amemptōs
Thayer Definition:
1) blameless, so that there is no cause for censure
Part of Speech: adverb
A Related Word by Thayer’s/Strong’s Number: from G273

Instead of the weak pansy concept of “everybody sins every day” I get a concept of a Great Powerful Being who is able to sanctify and guard, keep and preserve His children in that sanctified condition until the coming of the Lord!
When a soul goes through the painful process of deep conviction of sin and he feels the intensity of that guilt and then he is gloriously relieved of that guilt by the process of new birth, he becomes a new creature. Old things pass away and all things become new. As a child of God he is granted guardianship by the ALL POWERFUL. With the ALL POWERFUL Holy Spirit standing guard over a person to guard that person and keep him in a blameless condition, how can he possibly be sinning every day?

It is an insult to the All Powerful God to claim that his children cannot be kept from sinning. Omnipotent no longer means Omnipotent when we say that our God cannot keep us from sinning. That blood that Jesus shed loses its power when we claim that it cannot keep us from sinning when applied to our lives. The blood of bulls and goats in the Old Testament was not able to keep them from sinning; therefore, there were constant sacrifices. The blood of the new covenant comes with power to preserve us blameless!

Heb 9:13 For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:
Heb 9:14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

If a group of devoted human beings can guard a president like Barak Obama and keep him from getting harmed, HOW MUCH MORE can the ALL POWERFUL Creator of the universe guard and keep his children from sinning?

2014/1/18 12:32Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy